MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Travel > DVC Chat
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 04-04-2016, 08:24 PM   #1
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Big change to DVC resale policy :(

Ironically, some of us were just talking about DVC during the marathon...

As if the restrictions imposed a few years ago weren't bad enough, now even more benefits have been taken away from those who buy resale (as opposed to straight from Disney). In a nutshell, " As of April 4, 2016, owners who purchase from anyone other than Disney will not have access to DVC incidental benefits (also known as Membership Extras) such as Member discounts on dining, shopping, Member-exclusive events, and certain special Member offers."

See the full article at the ResalesDVC website https://www.resalesdvc.com/changes-t...resale-policy/

If you have any questions about DVC, I highly recommend you talk to Kinn Tutas - he took the time to answer all my questions before I bought through resale (even though I was already in a contract with another company). When I was able to buy a second contract, I went to him first and it was a significantly better experience.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2016, 08:21 AM   #2
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder

Software: Artisan 5
Camera: Nikon D3300, Olympus TG-3, Sony, and my phone - Samsung S10
wow. so if you have something you want to sell, what do you do? sell it back to Disney?
Contemporary Resort 1 Pirate Ears Star Tours D23 Member Monorail Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 2 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Expedition Everest I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Christmas Tree Turkey Anna Carol helped me book my vacation! Elsa Olaf Sven Ive met another MouseScrapper Teacups Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove

tinkerbell1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:33 AM   #3
Carolc
Administrator

No, if you don't want to be a DVC member any more, you can sell it through a broker. I should clarify that this new policy only applies to contracts sold through resale channels after April 1st. It does not apply to existing members. Disney also made a big change a few years ago.... you can no longer book the DL Hotel, Paradise Pier or DCL (and some other things) if you buy through resale... however members that bought prior to that date, like myself, were grandfathered in. Bottom line, Disney wants people to buy straight through them and not resale

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 04-10-2016, 04:30 PM   #4
Spacecadetswife
Enjoying the view from the Swiss Family Treehouse

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon Mark III & Panasonic Lux5
Carol, we bought in 2001, so I guess we're grandfathered too. We own at VWL. However, we're considering looking for a smaller contract at BCV. Do you think this mean we won't get the bennies while staying on those points? It's a little confusing.

Spacecadetswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:10 PM   #5
Carolc
Administrator

That's an interesting question since I was initially going to say it doesn't matter currently if you stay on points or not - you still get a discount in the parks. So I wonder now that there is a date associated with it, are they going to instruct Cast Members to look at the membership date? Or will they come out with yet another new card for the people who became members after April 4? (seems wasteful). But I'd think you could just show your existing card to get the benefits. You might want to check out dvcnews.com to see if anyone has brought this up yet

Studio1955

Old 12-01-2018, 09:10 AM   #6
Rassen
Just parked the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
That's an interesting question since I started melting my belly fat with fat burners and was initially going to say it doesn't matter currently if you stay on points or not - you still get a discount in the parks. So I wonder now that there is a date associated with it, are they going to instruct Cast Members to look at the membership date? Or will they come out with yet another new card for the people who became members after April 4? (seems wasteful). But I'd think you could just show your existing card to get the benefits. You might want to check out dvcnews.com to see if anyone has brought this up yet
How big was the impact of this change over the last couple of years? Did it kill many resellers?

Last edited by Rassen; 11-08-2023 at 05:45 AM.

Rassen is offline   Reply With Quote