MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Welcome > MouseScrappers - site news and thoughts
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 05-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Heart Make-A-Wish fundraiser!

Hi everyone,

I'm really excited to announce an event that will benefit one of MouseScrappers favorite organizations, Make-A-Wish!! It takes place in July and is called 'Course of the Force.' It is a relay - kind of like the Olympic torch relay, but instead of a torch they pass a 'lightsaber'. It starts up at Skywalker Ranch and finishes 500 miles later in San Diego (just in time for the beginning of Comic Con). Many of you know that I am a HUGE Star Wars fan, well this fundraiser is just perfect! Star Wars related and helps Make-A-Wish!

I've signed us (collective MouseScrappers community!) to raise $500, which is what we raised for Give Kids the World - though I'd love to surpass it. Will you please help me raise money for this worthy organization? Of course we have a special soft spot for the kids who wish to go to Walt Disney World or Disneyland, but that is just a small percentage of wishes that MAW grants... let's help them help well-deserving families live out their special wishes!

Please visit OUR fundraising page at http://www.stayclassy.org/mousescrappers

Thank you... and may the Force be with you!

p.s. If all goes according to plan, I will be dressing up in costume for this... stay tuned

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
Kilted Candyman
Trying all the props in Toontown

Software: PSE
Camera: Canon PowerShot ELPH 310 HS
How about I make a donation for a raffle? I make knives for a hobby and most are either hunter or Gent's carries. I would make one and it can be "raffled" by every $5 donated for a chance? I have been doing this for the Carry the Load I am doing for Memorial Day.

With Father's Day coming up it could bring somefundage in.

Jim
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Magical Express I love DCL! Pirate Ears Rocket Jets Pirate Dog Pirate Flag D23 Member Sorcerer\'s Hat It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie\'s Bow Boardwalk 1 Jungle Cruise Earful Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Monorail Viking Ship Pirates of the Caribbean Skyway Contemporary Resort 1 Contemporary Resort 2

Kilted Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
Carolc
Administrator

Jim - thank you so much for offering to help bring in money for this fundraiser... I'm so touched! Since this would just be something we'd handle here (and not through Course of the Force / stayclassy.org), how could we work it out? It would pretty much be on the honor system since donations can be anonymous. Should people just reply below if they've made a donation or perhaps PM you privately if they want to enter?

I just Googled 'Carry the Load'... sounds like another great cause!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 05-07-2013, 07:16 PM   #4
Kilted Candyman

What I am doing is having the people email me their digital "receipt" as it were. On the plus side the site did tell me when a person donated to my team under my name so the receipt became superfluous.

Jim
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Magical Express I love DCL! Pirate Ears Rocket Jets Pirate Dog Pirate Flag D23 Member Sorcerer\'s Hat It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie\'s Bow Boardwalk 1 Jungle Cruise Earful Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Monorail Viking Ship Pirates of the Caribbean Skyway Contemporary Resort 1 Contemporary Resort 2

Old 05-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
Carolc
Administrator

Oh yes, the receipt... good idea. I also get an email notice but it will list 'anonymous' on it, so I can't tell who it is from.

Studio1955

Old 05-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
Kilted Candyman

When you combine them telling with the email it should give you a check for verifying the donation.

I donate, say $20, and than I email you. Even though it is anonymous the timing and amount should match.

Jim