MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #21
Kristen
Singing along with the children on the happiest cruise that ever sailed

Hi!
I was inspired by the attention to detail to recreate France in epcot -specifically that the eiffel tower was built to a 10:1 scale.

and I also posted it here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...4&postcount=23
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #22
amykayhay
Buying my Disneyland park tickets

Here's my Disney fact - the phone booths in Canada and the UK in Epcot are working phone booths! You can call one of them and if you're lucky some passerby will answer. A good way to get a little Disney magic when you're away from the parks. Here's the numbers if you want to give a try:
U.K. Phone Booths

Right Booth: 407 827-9861
Left Booth: 407 827-9862
Center Booth: 407 827-9863

Canada Phone Booth

407-827-9884

Also posted here in the Epcot/UK/Telephone Box thread: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...9&postcount=13

Last edited by amykayhay; 07-15-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #23
WDW Scrap Princess
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6~PSE10~SBC
Camera: Nikon D3300
Thank you for hosting Melissa! and thank you for the lovely PP!

Also Here:http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...977#post111977
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Carousel horse Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Monorail Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag I love DCL! Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Teresa! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cutester Minnie Dale Bambi

Old 07-17-2012, 04:09 AM   #24
*melidy*
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Cannon
Kristen - Love your fact, it's these details that you dont often think about until the trip is over. Love how your page turned out and that you included an Eiffel Tower element.

amykayhay - Love this fact! I'm so going to try this next time I visit. I'd heard about it before but never had the numbers! Love your UK page!

WDW Scrap Princess - Love that you actually included your facts on your page... and that you used more than one! Crazy that the tree weighed 90 ton!

Thanks to everyone who has played so far, Love has been left in the gallery.

Today is the last day for the challenege!! Still time to get your layouts in ladies!
I link to MouseScrappers! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Sorcerer\'s Hat Earful Tower Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Teacups Carousel horse It\'s a Small World Cheshire Cat 1 Jungle Cruise Pirate Flag Pirate Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Dog Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Captain EO Star Tours Monorail Minnie Bride United Kingdom France United States of America

Old 07-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #25
Susan0326
Admiring the architecture of Morocco

Software: PSE 11 & Lightroom
Camera: Nikon 5300
Thanks for a fun challenge and for the fabulous PP!

I love, love, love the use of forced perspective in Disney Parks. I love how these illusions trick your eye into thinking things are taller or further away. I included a hidden Mickey.

Posted here in the forums.

Been There, Done That, Going Back!
1972 ~ 1977 ~ 1989 ~ 2001 Grosvenor ~ 2003 AS Movies ~ 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Pop Century ~
2008 POR ~ 2009, 2010, 2011 Pop Century ~ 2012 CBR ~ 2013 Pop Century ~ 2014 CBR ~ 2017 POFQ
Mouse Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Sorcerer\'s Hat United States of America Monorail Pirate Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Skyway Earful Tower Pop Century Ursula Captain EO Expedition Everest

Last edited by Susan0326; 07-17-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #26
jemmls4
On Casey Jr, going 'round the track

Software: photoshop CS5
Camera: Canon Digital Rebel Ti1
I added fun facts in the text around the edge of the layout.

Stratocaster is 42 ft. tall
The coaster reaches 5Gs at the transition to the loop
0-60 mph in 2.8 seconds

http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...8&postcount=66
Contemporary Resort 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Contemporary Resort 2 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Pop Century

Old 07-18-2012, 04:29 AM   #27
*melidy*
E Ticket Holder

Susan0326 - I think you forgot to attactch your layout. I managed to find it in the gallery though I love the forced perspective in the parks too! Makes such a difference when you are walking around the parks.

jemmls4 - I love your short little facts about Rockin' Rollercoaster and I especially love that you used them to frame your layout!

Thanks for playing everyone, I will send out the PP later on today!
I link to MouseScrappers! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Sorcerer\'s Hat Earful Tower Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Teacups Carousel horse It\'s a Small World Cheshire Cat 1 Jungle Cruise Pirate Flag Pirate Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Dog Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Captain EO Star Tours Monorail Minnie Bride United Kingdom France United States of America

Old 07-18-2012, 06:07 AM   #28
cassidyk
Taking the Studio Backlot Tour

Software: SBC+ 3.0
My computer and I had a major disagreement last night (and unfortunately it won) so I am late but I wanted to go ahead and post anyway. Thanks for a really fun challenge--it has been really interesting to read all of the different facts!

My layout was inspired by this information:
But in 1988 it happened to be Mickey’s 60th birthday and what better way to celebrate it that creating a brand-new themed “Land” in his honor. Although the Main Mouse would not turn 60 until November 18 of that year, Walt Disney World built “Mickey’s Birthdayland” in record time. This was such an important event that a new railroad stop was constructed just for Mickey and the Walt Disney World Railroad was re-named “Mickey’s Birthdayland Express” The land had its grand opening on June 18th, and to help unveil Mickey’s new (But Temporary!) land was none other than Cindy Williams from Laverne and Shirley fame. This land was between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland (They even had to shorten the track of Tomorrowland’s Indy Speedway (It was then known as the Gran Prix Raceway) to make room for it. Even Nancy Reagan was there for the ribbon cutting ceremonies. (It is interesting to note that this was the first new “Land” to be added since opening day in October 1971)

While this new "land" was never intended to be a long term addition--it was still a little sad to see it go. This picture was from our visit at the beginning of Feb 2011--about a week before it closed forever.

It\'s a Small World United States of America Mouse Ears Carousel horse Angel Limited Edition Amazon pin #6 Jungle Cruise Boardwalk 1 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail Magical Express I love DCL! Skyway Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Kathryn! 2011 Special Edition pin #7 Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Great Britain Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey\'s shorts Captain EO Teacups Mickey\'s glove Mickeys shoe Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Dog Rocket Jets Beast

Old 07-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #29
*melidy*
E Ticket Holder

CassidyK - Don't worry about it, we all have computer trouble at some point! Love how your layout turned out and the fact is such a cute one, it's so sad that Toon Town isn't there anymore though.

Thank you all for participanting in my first challenge I had a blast looking at all your layouts and reading your facts. I've left love in the gallery and sent out PP's... if I've missed you out or there are any problems just drop me a message. Hope you guys like the prize and get some use out of it!

Closed Thread