MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Let's talk about DISNEY! > Disney News and information > Park changes/openings
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
snowdrop

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
Smile New Fantasyland Expansion overview

Here's the latest image about the Fantasyland Expansion. Looks pretty cool!

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-...s-fantasyland/

And this site takes a detailed look at the model, along with earlier blueprints & drawings

http://gdpinvestigation.blogspot.com...ntasyland.html

See the over 300 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2019)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
MelissaD
Racing through the icy caverns of the Matterhorn

Software: Photoshop CS3
Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28
Send a message via Yahoo to MelissaD
Thanks for posting those! So cool to see the models. I can't wait!
Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Rocket Jets Contemporary Resort 1

MelissaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:34 AM   #3
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

Thanks for the links Heather! It's great to get a better idea of what they are planning! When do they begin work? Or has it started already? Any word on what will happen to Mickey and Minnie's houses and meet and greet areas?
Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Carousel horse Monorail Mickey\'s glove Star Tours Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Minnie\'s Shoe Pirate Dog Christmas Tree Eiffel Tower Thanks for helping with the product forum Dawn! Ive met another MouseScrapper Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s shorts Expedition Everest Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Italy I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise New Zealand United Kingdom Earful Tower Pirate Flag

Aussiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:35 AM   #4
snowdrop

Dawn-I don't believe it's started yet, but I'll let you know when I go in a little over a month how things look! Last I heard, Mickey & Minnie's home won't be moved anywhere, but who knows what they'll end up doing. They are doing some work on the Expo on Main Street for a new Mickey & Minnie greeting area.

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

Old 02-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
snowdrop

It looks like the work has started, construction walls are starting to go up:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/...ion-begins.htm

I'll let you know in about 24 days.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #6
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdrop View Post
It looks like the work has started, construction walls are starting to go up:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/...ion-begins.htm

I'll let you know in about 24 days.
Hey Heather, when you were there last, did you already see construction starting?! Just curious!
Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Carousel horse Monorail Mickey\'s glove Star Tours Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Minnie\'s Shoe Pirate Dog Christmas Tree Eiffel Tower Thanks for helping with the product forum Dawn! Ive met another MouseScrapper Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s shorts Expedition Everest Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Italy I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise New Zealand United Kingdom Earful Tower Pirate Flag

Old 04-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #7
snowdrop

No, I didn't. Where they broke ground is backstage. The only construction I saw was the typical refurbs of the outside of stores and such that they always do around this time of year. I did hear that Ariel's Grotto is closing on April 12th. Ariel is going to be with Eric at the Adventureland Veranda, starting sometime in early May. Also, Pooh and Tigger are moving from their spot near the Pooh playground spot. Both of these have to do with the expansion, since both areas will be taken away. I think the area in the back of the Expo is already closed (wasn't when I was there since I took pics with the cutouts!) for them to work on converting it to Mickey & Minnie's meet and greet.

Melissa is going later this month, so maybe she'll have more updates.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:17 AM   #8
psugirl
Walking right down the middle of Main Street USA

Software: StoryBook Creator Plus
Camera: Canon Rebel
Good thing we finally toured Mickey and Minnie's houses this last trip in Dec; we'd missed them our previous two trips.
Pirate Flag Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Captain EO Rocket Jets

psugirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #9
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

Thanks Heather! I'm hoping this is a good change! I'm one of those people who doesn't exactly like change! I hope they don't get rid of the original characters all together and just focus on the princesses! Ya know!?

Old 04-13-2010, 03:35 PM   #10
snowdrop

Here's pics of the construction walls & updates on the expansion
http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/04/...-magic-kingdom

Dawn-I'm sure they won't be getting rid of Mickey, Minnie, etc. That's what they are building in Expo Hall, a meet & greet area for those characters.