MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Let's talk about Scrapbooking > Organization
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest

Old 06-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #21
meejay
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PSCS 5.5
Camera: iPhone 4s, Canon Powershot SX230, Nikon D5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Scrap Princess View Post
Extremely important to back up your kits and pics either in DVD's or in an On-line back up service because computer Hardrives crash and External Hardrive
fail, to extract from both its expensive, so always very important to back up and not to have "All your eggs in one basket"
Thanks for the reminder! I really need to get an on-line back up going ASAP!

Now Planning for Fall 2015 - back to Caribbean Beach!
Minnie\'s Bow Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar United States of America Earful Tower 2011 Special Edition pin #7 2011 Special Edition pin #1 Teacups 2011 Special Edition pin #6 2011 Special Edition pin #5 I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Carousel horse

meejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #22
Usagi
Uh oh , I just looked into the eyes of Mara

Software: PSE
Camera: Sony point and shoot/Canon Rebel T3
I just started to collect freebies on different sites and I was putting them into folders labeled by colors of papers, disney items, glitter, alaphs etc.

The only problem I have now come across is the papers and stuff don't have the designer name. I'm gonna have to back track and find the information. I already tossed the zip files.

And I just remembered I need to back up everything onto my external. I don't need another juice incident.

Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #23
WDW Scrap Princess
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6~PSE10~SBC
Camera: Nikon D3300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi View Post
I just started to collect freebies on different sites and I was putting them into folders labeled by colors of papers, disney items, glitter, alaphs etc.

The only problem I have now come across is the papers and stuff don't have the designer name. I'm gonna have to back track and find the information. I already tossed the zip files.

And I just remembered I need to back up everything onto my external. I don't need another juice incident.
i usually back up the zip files only, that way if I delete something from the Kit I still have the original and when I back up the zip file takes less room.
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Carousel horse Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Monorail Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag I love DCL! Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Teresa! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cutester Minnie Dale Bambi

WDW Scrap Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #24
r0binb
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PS CS5 & CS3
Camera: Sony Cybershot, Sony a55
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Scrap Princess View Post
i usually back up the zip files only, that way if I delete something from the Kit I still have the original and when I back up the zip file takes less room.
I was listening to a Podcast the other day and they were saying the zip files can go bad/get corrupted. I haven't experienced this myself, but then I haven't found the need to restore much from zips either. I do know that EHD's can go bad which scares me somewhat.

Me, I keep everything and have zips as well as extracted files backed up on EHDs that go into safety deposit box. (That reminds me, I need to do a backup since it's been about 6 months since the last one.) And I plan to write all zips to BluRays then delete them off of network drive where I have everything I use. I think putting them onto write-once media should be safe enough for the foreseeable future.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Speed Scrapper! Disney Vacation Club Member I love DCL! United States of America Magical Express Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail Teacups Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Minnie Bride Captain EO Star Tours

r0binb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #25
WDW Scrap Princess
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6~PSE10~SBC
Camera: Nikon D3300
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0binb View Post
I was listening to a Podcast the other day and they were saying the zip files can go bad/get corrupted. I haven't experienced this myself, but then I haven't found the need to restore much from zips either. I do know that EHD's can go bad which scares me somewhat.

Me, I keep everything and have zips as well as extracted files backed up on EHDs that go into safety deposit box. (That reminds me, I need to do a backup since it's been about 6 months since the last one.) And I plan to write all zips to BluRays then delete them off of network drive where I have everything I use. I think putting them onto write-once media should be safe enough for the foreseeable future.
love the idea of using Bluerays!
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Carousel horse Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Monorail Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag I love DCL! Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Teresa! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cutester Minnie Dale Bambi

WDW Scrap Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:13 AM   #26
iheartdisneypins
On Casey Jr, going 'round the track

Software: Photoshop
Camera: iPhone 6
I use Bridge for my previews

I have my Disney stuff organized separate from my other stuff. I have started with themes. I have MK which includes some characters and places. Epcot, Pixar, Princesses, etc. It's a mess, but it works.

If you have Bridge, you can create collections of your previews. It's fast and easy. I have a video on my blog, http://inspire-me.com/?p=488.

Melissa
Adobe Certified Instructor
inspire-me.com
cyberelement.com
I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag Disney Vacation Club Member Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Contemporary Resort 1 Boardwalk 1 Star Tours Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears Big Eyes Grumpy Captain EO Magical Express Contemporary Resort 2 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland)

iheartdisneypins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #27
Memaw2Wm
Walking right down the middle of Main Street USA

Software: SBC+ 4.0
Camera: dRebel T4si
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinnewbie View Post
The problem is that I have gotten too many kits and have to click on each folder to see the preview to remember what each kit contains.

I was thinking about putting together a master preview folder for each designer. So... inside Britt-ish Designs folder, I would have a folder called previews. In that folder, I would put a preview of all the kits I own by Britt.
I have a 'Digital Preview' folder, and inside I have a copy of all of my digi-kits previews. I have each image labeled with the kit and designer name ...

Just Plain Fun - Britt-ish Designs
Just Plain Fun A-O - Brittish Designs

Not my original idea, but it sure works for me.

Memaw2Wm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #28
jr4mni
Enjoying a baguette by the fountains of France

Software: Craft Artist Pro, PSE 10, PCS6
Camera: Looking for a new one.
This may just be the traditional scrapper in me not wanting to let go 100% to the digital world but, I started printing out color copies of all the previews that I have. I keep them in a thin binder. I will eventually organize them by theme, designer or alphabetical... i don't know that yet. But, it actually is much faster for me to find the kit or a combo of kits that I want to use for a layout. I find it very cool too that I can take the binder anywhere with me to look at (waiting to pickup kids, commuting to work, watching the kids play outside, spending some quality time with DH - a binder of paper is apparently more acceptable than a laptop when hanging out watching tv together).

I can pull out the pages and lay them all out to see how I can blend papers/element for a LO. In the folder of the binder, I have a pad of stick-it notes that I can put on the preview sheets if I have a comment or a future LO in mind for a kit.

The binder has already helped me not re-buy a couple of things.

I'm still trying to organize my digi items though. I tried by designer/by kit name.. I think when I have my binder arranged the way that I like, I will mirror my binder organization method with the digi files.

PROUDLY creating for Mad for the Mouse Designs and Chubby Chihuahua-Designs
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie Bride Star Tours Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Mouse Ears Mickey Pumpkin United States of America Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Pirate Flag Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat Carousel horse Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

jr4mni is offline   Reply With Quote