MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Let's talk about Scrapbooking
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 05-03-2015, 01:25 AM   #1
Rincelex
Looking for pirates and ghosts in New Orleans Square

Software: PSE11, Craft Artist Professional
Camera: Fuji S1600
Advice on creating a siggy

Hi

I have found several threads on here with people requesting advice on creating siggys, what to use? how big? only there don't seem to be any replies to any of them answering the question.

Is there a thread anywhere on MS explaining what a siggy is and how to create one and how to instal it?

Thanks

Tracy

Rincelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2015, 08:28 AM   #2
Neverland Scraps
Terrified on Tower of Terror

Software: CS5
Camera: Nikon D3200
Hi Tracy!! Every place has their own guidelines about sizes, so you have to check with each site that you host your siggy. My current siggy is about 300 pixels by 250 pixels, and is allowed on most digi-sites. That also gives you a size reference for your own siggy.

A siggy can be made with your digital program. I have found that it's best to work at a larger scale than smaller. So my above siggy is 300x250, I create my canvas at ten-times that size, which would be 3000x2500 pixels. Once I have my siggy created, I resize and then add text such as "ct'ing for x-designer". If you resize text, it becomes blurry, so it's best to add it after you resize the bulk of the siggy. When you are finished with your siggy and ready to save, save it as a .png file if you have that option so that it shows clear in the forums/gallery, otherwise if you save as a .jpg, there will be a white background

Once it's saved, create an account with a photo image host site such as Photobucket. Once you have the account set-up, upload your siggy. When it is uploaded, you will use the "url" link that they display after the image has been uploaded. Copying the URL link works for most digi-sites forums, but sometimes you have to follow their directions within their user control.

Here at MouseScrappers, to access your siggy area, you would click "private messages" under your "Welcome" name in the upper right hand side.

From there, it will open a screen to your new messages or your inbox. On the left hand side, you'll see a list. Look for "Edit Signature". That page will load and open to where you will paste the URLf rom your Photobucket siggy.

When you are finished, you can press "save signature" and your siggy is complete and posting within the forums.

I hope that helps you create and add a siggy to your name!!
Eiffel Tower France Star Tours Earful Tower United States of America Teacups Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Kermit Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Wendy! Baymax Ive met another MouseScrapper

Neverland Scraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:11 PM   #3
Rincelex
Looking for pirates and ghosts in New Orleans Square

Software: PSE11, Craft Artist Professional
Camera: Fuji S1600
Thanks for that advice, I have been trying following several youtube videos but in photoshop I have been starting off with the small blank file the same size as the siggy will end up and of course as you point out when I try to reduce anything to fit it goes all blurry.

I will give it another go but make the blank page bigger to start with and then resize afterwards.
Magical Express Rocket Jets Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Boardwalk 1 Star Tours Captain EO Contemporary Resort 1 Contemporary Resort 2 United Kingdom Sorcerer\'s Hat

Rincelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:32 AM   #4
Neverland Scraps

When you create the siggy, make it at 300 dpi (just like you would with scrapbooking). When you resize it, KEEP it at 300 dpi, just resize it down to whatever size you want (mine was 250x300). If you keep it at 300dpi and not 72 dpi, it's a little bit more clear.
Eiffel Tower France Star Tours Earful Tower United States of America Teacups Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Kermit Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Wendy! Baymax Ive met another MouseScrapper

Old 06-28-2015, 09:44 AM   #5
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Thanks for inquiring

The signature guidelines for MS are here: http://mousescrappers.com/forums/announcement.php?a=4

I've noticed a number signatures that are much too tall. The other day I noticed one that took up almost my entire (laptop) screen. Do I enforce it, no... do I think it is a distraction, yes

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:06 AM   #6
Neverland Scraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
Thanks for inquiring

The signature guidelines for MS are here: http://mousescrappers.com/forums/announcement.php?a=4

I've noticed a number signatures that are much too tall. The other day I noticed one that took up almost my entire (laptop) screen. Do I enforce it, no... do I think it is a distraction, yes
oops, I didn't even know there were siggy rules----I'm off to change my siggy--again I'm sorry Carol.

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 06-29-2015 at 08:23 AM.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:45 AM   #7
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
In your defense, while it's been there since 2009, it's hasn't been visible since December. I just extended the length of the announcement for 3 more years, lol

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote