MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Template Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 03-14-2017, 03:55 PM   #1
janette
Taking a Journey Into Imagination

Template Challenge 266 (Mar 14 to 28) - Part1

Please upload your layout to the Gallery in the "Template Challenge" category & the relevant forum. I've added mine here http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...851#post168851

This is my first attempt at creating templates so let me know if you have questions or see something I need to change. Using this format I created Passports for World Showcase; they are great to get stamped and all the kids & adults I've given them to have enjoyed the experience. Due to the number of pages involved I've split this into 3 parts; this part will have the cover and the photos of the completed project.

The template is available here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o382yksuwh...sport.zip?dl=0

Png files are in this download https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1hgbxo3yc...t_Png.zip?dl=0

Passport Template

This was a hybrid project so some of the example wasn't created digitally. I have included those portions in the template so they can be done either way.

Maps and other clipart included in the Template are available online at different locations. The maps do have a watermark but I found that it isn't obvious when printing due to the size of the map included on the passport.

If using the template as a sketch it might be easier to cut the pages first and than decorate.

I included photos on my pages from each of the countries; these could also be cards or other elements. I'm looking forward to everyone's ideas.

I used a laser printer to print the pages; if using a ink jet printer you may want to apply some water proofing or have a way to keep it away from moisture in the parks.

Cover
Directions on how to make a text circle - this works to create a flag circle from the Around the World flag strip. Use a 12x12 transparent background layer.

http://simplykierste.com/2015/06/an-...-elements.html

Cover was printed on dark blue cardstock and then a thermal foil was applied to lettering and Mickey Silhouette. The flag circle was printed as a sticker using a Xyron & Cutter. The inside was printed and adhered to the cardstock.

Pages
Print the front then reverse the paper so that the reverse will be on the other side of the page. After printing trim and separate cut at the horizontal center. Stack the papers with the cover at the bottom in the following order:

Front - Reverse
1) Inside Cover - Canada Left / Mexico Right
2) Canada Right / Mexico Left - UK Left / Norway Right
3) UK Right / Norway Left - France Left / China Right
4) France Right / China Left - Morocco Left / Germany Right
5) Morocco Right / Germany Left - Japan Left / Italy Right
6) Japan Right / Italy Left - American Left / American Right

Staple or otherwise fasten pages together at the center.
Use a corner rounder or trim edges to complete the passport.

All images are linked for credits.

Part 1 - Cover Page

Last edited by janette; 03-17-2017 at 02:33 PM.

janette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2017, 06:06 AM   #2
roxana
Checking out, and taking Magical Express back to MCO

Software: CS5
Camera: Canon
Wow this is just awesome Jannette! You made a wonderful job here, I have an idea for this, although it is hybrid so it's gonna take some time, but I will definitely play, I love it! Thanks for sharing!!!!

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

roxana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:17 AM   #3
DianeInOz
Taking the Studio Backlot Tour

Software: adobe elements 13
Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XSi
So fun and different! Thanks!

DianeInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:45 AM   #4
roxana

Have you seen this? Such great details to add, my pages were done but no printed yet so I will add some of those to them before!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/4893767...wcase-passport

ETA

Carol, I just read it's yours, do you sell it? Can I steal some of your ideas to add to mine? I wont sell it though LOL and of course will credit you here, if you rather not it's ok I will post here my original pages

I didnt know you had an Etsy store, congrats!!!!

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

Last edited by roxana; 04-02-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:35 PM   #5
janette

That is very cool Roxana, I did these before Project Mouse World was released or I probably would have used the cards more for journaling. The cast members often just write on the pages, I did add the stamps from PM for our most recent trip.

A F&W one would be fun too; might have to work on that for our November trip. I like Carol's idea for binding or maybe even cards on a ring might be nice for F&W.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:00 AM   #6
roxana

Quote:
Originally Posted by janette View Post
That is very cool Roxana, I did these before Project Mouse World was released or I probably would have used the cards more for journaling. The cast members often just write on the pages, I did add the stamps from PM for our most recent trip.

A F&W one would be fun too; might have to work on that for our November trip. I like Carol's idea for binding or maybe even cards on a ring might be nice for F&W.
Yes, I love the binding idea cause the pages stay flat. My characters book is with rings, and it's not too comfy but works for me as I keep adding pages of new ones, in this case there's no need to add more pages unless Disney surprises us with Brazil and Spain pavilions as Ive been hearing for so long!

Old 04-26-2017, 12:54 PM   #7
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxana View Post
Have you seen this? Such great details to add, my pages were done but no printed yet so I will add some of those to them before!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/4893767...wcase-passport

ETA

Carol, I just read it's yours, do you sell it? Can I steal some of your ideas to add to mine? I wont sell it though LOL and of course will credit you here, if you rather not it's ok I will post here my original pages

I didnt know you had an Etsy store, congrats!!!!
I just saw this post (ironically I found it from my Etsy stats which said I had traffic coming in from MouseScrappers.com )

Yes, I do have an Etsy store and the passport is the product I spent the most time on (started it almost 3 years ago but put it aside because it was so overwhelming) - but when I booked a trip for last Nov I pretty much locked myself up to get it done (which is super hard since I'm easily distracted by squirrels). I love the concept of a passport at Epcot (Janette I love yours as well as this challenge... wish I saw it earlier so I could have announced it on FB, but I don't check all the challenges). Disney's version is cute, but I felt that the pages were too generic, plus I wanted to give kids/families more to do/explore. Roxana I'd love to see how yours comes out!

... and of course if you know of anyone who might like my version, please send them to the link Roxana posted

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:50 PM   #8
djp332
Cooling off in Critter Country

Software: PS CC
Camera: iPhone 14 ProMax, Canon PowerShot SX530 HS,
thanks!

Thanks so much!

djp332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:52 PM   #9
janette

Thanks for the shout out Carol; this is a different type of template since it takes a bit to do. We wanted something that was very close to a real passport so it is designed around that; working out how the pages worked together was the most time consuming part.

The Disney version reminds me of a cheap sticker book, I got them for my girls when they were small and found them disappointing and it hasn't improved with the years.

I've left the template up so people can still download; this is something you need when trip planning not after so different than most projects.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:07 PM   #10
KrisH
I'm on the tram

Software: Publisher
Camera: Lumix FZ35
This is so cute! My kids would love to use this at Epcot! Thanks!
Contemporary Resort 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Contemporary Resort 2

KrisH is offline   Reply With Quote