MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Let's talk about DISNEY! > Disney News and information > Park changes/openings
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 02-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #1
WDW Scrap Princess
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6~PSE10~SBC
Camera: Nikon D3300
Snow White's Scary Adventures to close forever May 31

By Dewayne Bevil, Orlando Sentinel
12:29 p.m. EST, February 23, 2012

Snow White's Scary Adventures will close forever at Magic Kingdom on May 31, Walt Disney World revealed Thursday.

As previously announced, the Fantasyland attraction, an opening-day feature of the theme park in 1971, will be replaced by Princess Fairytale Hall, a meet-and-greet area for Disney Princesses and guests.

The closing of Snow White's Scary Adventure is a side effect of the park's expansion of Fantasyland. That construction took over Mickey's Toontown Fair area last year and uprooted the princesses (and some fairies) from their home there.

Disney also announced that the first segment of the Fantasyland expansion — a portion of Storybook Circus — will open to guests in late March. This phase will include one of the two carousels that will make up the enhanced Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride, the rethemed Barnstormer roller coaster (to be called the Great Goofini) and a new Fantasyland Station of the Walt Disney World Railroad, which circles the theme park.

Eventually this area — essentially the old Toontown Fair — will have multicolored circus tents and other nods to Disney's animated "Dumbo" film, including the Casey Jr. locomotive.

The Fantasyland expansion also will feature the dark ride called Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid, a "Beauty and the Beast"-inspired section and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train roller coaster. No opening dates have been given for those attractions.

Link Here:http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...wthread&f=9653
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Carousel horse Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Monorail Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag I love DCL! Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Teresa! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cutester Minnie Dale Bambi

WDW Scrap Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2012, 06:43 AM   #2
frogfish
Taking the Monorail to EPCOT

Software: Photoshop CS4
Camera: Lumix
That makes me sad. I knew it was coming and I can't say that it is one of my favorite rides (actually far from it), but I remember riding it when I was little...it's been there forever! That is one of the scariest rides for kids though; we actually passed it up with our kids on our June trip because of that.

Over the years they've taken quite a few rides in that area (that I can remember): 20000 leagues under the sea, Mr toad, skyway (not to mention others in different areas of MK)...I'm just glad they brought back the original tiki room.

For me it's the memories from my childhood, not the ride itself, that make ride closings difficult. Oh well, can't wait to make some new memories with my kids as we enjoy some brand new Disney magic!

frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
The good news is that it gives you one more reason to come to California.... . Disneyland's Fantasyland still has Snow White and Mr. Toad, plus the Matterhorn, Alice in Wonderland, Storybook Land Canal Boats, Casey Jr. Circus Train, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, and you can walk up into the castle to see the story of Sleeping Beauty. Plus Mickey's Toontown is still there, and has many more interactive things to do than they put into the Florida version. Have I convinced any of you to come to California yet?

Thanks for sharing the news, Teresa.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
cassidyk
Taking the Studio Backlot Tour

Software: SBC+ 3.0
Great pitch for visiting DL Carol!

I have a funny story about the Snow White ride I have to share. I never thought about how different touring the parks would be with a child who who read versus touring with one who was still too young. I learned this very quickly during a visit last year when my daughter and I had the following conversation:
Me: Ooooh look honey the Snow White ride, we haven't been on it yet this time. Let's go!
DD: (pausing to read the sign) Mom, that says Snow White's Scary Adventure. That means it is scary and I don't want to ride any scary rides.

I tried my best to convince her that it really wasn't scary/Mommy will be right there with you, etc. but to no avail. As she said, Mom I don't think they would call it a scary adventure if it wasn't at least a little bit scary. How can you argue with that?
It\'s a Small World United States of America Mouse Ears Carousel horse Angel Limited Edition Amazon pin #6 Jungle Cruise Boardwalk 1 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail Magical Express I love DCL! Skyway Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Kathryn! 2011 Special Edition pin #7 Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Great Britain Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey\'s shorts Captain EO Teacups Mickey\'s glove Mickeys shoe Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Dog Rocket Jets Beast

cassidyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
Carolc
Administrator

Ha ha... Great story, Kathryn!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 02-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
snowdrop

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
Very sad. Snow White is the princess that started it all, but she's the one that always gets the short end of the stick. The last few trips, I kept thinking it would close by my next trip (they kept pushing the date back), but now this trip in May will officially be my last ride.

See the over 300 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2019)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder

Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
That is sad, but its a very scary ride for little ones! And yup - another reason to visit Disneyland!

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

QuiltyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #8
Carolc
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdrop View Post
Very sad. Snow White is the princess that started it all, but she's the one that always gets the short end of the stick. The last few trips, I kept thinking it would close by my next trip (they kept pushing the date back), but now this trip in May will officially be my last ride.
Heather, you NEED to come to Disneyland

Studio1955

Old 02-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #9
liriel
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE 12
Camera: Pentax k-x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
The good news is that it gives you one more reason to come to California.... . Disneyland's Fantasyland still has Snow White and Mr. Toad, plus the Matterhorn, Alice in Wonderland, Storybook Land Canal Boats, Casey Jr. Circus Train, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, and you can walk up into the castle to see the story of Sleeping Beauty. Plus Mickey's Toontown is still there, and has many more interactive things to do than they put into the Florida version. Have I convinced any of you to come to California yet?

Thanks for sharing the news, Teresa.
I am saving my pennies so I can come someday!
Mouse Ears Jungle Cruise Sorcerer\'s Hat Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Monorail United States of America Mickeys shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for all your help with MouseScrappers Julie! Mickey\'s shorts Contemporary Resort 1 Carousel horse Earful Tower Carol helped me book my vacation! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Stormtrooper Ive met another MouseScrapper

liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #10
WDW Scrap Princess
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6~PSE10~SBC
Camera: Nikon D3300
When I go in April, I am going to take a lot of pictures.

but good news! everybody..., check out the video of:

Fantasyland seven dwars mine roller coster ride!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-d...,3525168.story
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Carousel horse Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Monorail Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag I love DCL! Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Teresa! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cutester Minnie Dale Bambi

WDW Scrap Princess is offline   Reply With Quote