MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #1
*melidy*
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Cannon
Weekly Challenge #188 (6/5 - 6/12)

Welcome to this week’s challenge!

First I will start with an apology, I am a lot less prepared for this than I had hoped to be. My grandmother has been rather unwell and that lead to me leaving town in a hurry – without my laptop BUT I got back late last night and I’m ready to go if you guys are!

So this week my theme is Disney Bucket lists! Me and my partner have an extensive Disney bucket list and whilst we have ticked a few things off we still have a LOT to go – (thankfully we have a trip planned in October to tick off more items!) Hopefully if you don’t yet have a Disney bucket list – this may get you thinking of one. This Pinterest board may help you get some inspiration.

Now to the challenge:
You do not have to make your page a list of Disney dreams (but by all means you can), you may choose to make a page inspired by one of the graphics on the board (you must tell us which one and say how it inspired you). You may choose to make a page based on something you and your family have ticked off your bucket list. This challenge is totally open to your interpretation of your Disney bucket list – it doesn’t even have to be park based, you may have always wanted to throw a Disney themed party for your children... Use your imagination, just be sure to tell us your Disney Dream and whether you are still dreaming or if you have accomplished it!!

The prize:
Everyone who completes a page by next Wednesday night – the 12th (I live in the UK so won’t be checking the thread until Thursday morning) will receive this mini kit. It's the first kit I've ever created and I've had such fun with it so I KNOW I'll be adding to it before I send it out to you! Therefore this is more of a teaser

ANND since I am unprepared and it’s my birthday this week I will give an extra prize of a $5 gift certificate to the store of your choice for one participant. Like Andrea I will have my partner will pick his favourite layout at the end of the week.

Here is my page:

A reminder of the rules:
1. Layout should be uploaded to the MouseScrappers Gallery in the Weekly Challenge category.
2. Your layout needs to be posted in the appropriate venue/attractions thread in the forum.
3. Come back to this thread and leave a link to your LO in the gallery AND a link to where you posted your LO in the venue/attractions thread by midnight on June 12th.

Any questions/queries feel free to ask, if it’s your first time shout up if there is ANYTHING you are unsure of – if you are too shy to post in the forum asking questions feel free to send me a private message and I will help you any way I can. Can't wait to see what you all create!
I link to MouseScrappers! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Sorcerer\'s Hat Earful Tower Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Teacups Carousel horse It\'s a Small World Cheshire Cat 1 Jungle Cruise Pirate Flag Pirate Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Dog Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Captain EO Star Tours Monorail Minnie Bride United Kingdom France United States of America

Last edited by *melidy*; 06-06-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
jr4mni
Enjoying a baguette by the fountains of France

Software: Craft Artist Pro, PSE 10, PCS6
Camera: Looking for a new one.
Great challenge! As I have been trying to organize all my files, I think I "found" the perfect template in my stash.... Now, if I can only remember where I filed it to...

PROUDLY creating for Mad for the Mouse Designs and Chubby Chihuahua-Designs
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie Bride Star Tours Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Mouse Ears Mickey Pumpkin United States of America Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Pirate Flag Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat Carousel horse Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

Old 06-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
afirmbeliever
Enjoying the view from the Swiss Family Treehouse

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D3100
Great Challenge. I just made a layout for the latest "template" challenge based on my biggest bucket list thing to do. But I've got this great idea up in my head. Now if I can get it to paper, well I guess that would be computer screen, I'm all set. Thanks.

I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Cheshire Cat 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Mouse Ears United States of America Teacups Pop Century Mickeys shoe Carousel horse Sorcerer\'s Hat Monorail Mickey\'s shorts Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow Jungle Cruise It\'s a Small World

Old 06-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
jr4mni
Enjoying a baguette by the fountains of France

Software: Craft Artist Pro, PSE 10, PCS6
Camera: Looking for a new one.
Sitting at home sick from work does have its advantages... I can scrap while I lay here...

CRT was on our bucket list for last October's trip. It was our must do dinner for the girls.

Thanks again!

Left Side:

Right Side:

Also Posted here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...781#post135781

PROUDLY creating for Mad for the Mouse Designs and Chubby Chihuahua-Designs
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie Bride Star Tours Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Mouse Ears Mickey Pumpkin United States of America Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Pirate Flag Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat Carousel horse Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

Last edited by jr4mni; 06-05-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #5
*melidy*
E Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr4mni View Post
Great challenge! As I have been trying to organize all my files, I think I "found" the perfect template in my stash.... Now, if I can only remember where I filed it to...
That is the story of my life when it comes to organising digi files!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afirmbeliever View Post
Great Challenge. I just made a layout for the latest "template" challenge based on my biggest bucket list thing to do. But I've got this great idea up in my head. Now if I can get it to paper, well I guess that would be computer screen, I'm all set. Thanks.
Can't wait to see what you have in mind!
I link to MouseScrappers! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Sorcerer\'s Hat Earful Tower Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Teacups Carousel horse It\'s a Small World Cheshire Cat 1 Jungle Cruise Pirate Flag Pirate Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Dog Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Captain EO Star Tours Monorail Minnie Bride United Kingdom France United States of America

Old 06-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
*melidy*
E Ticket Holder

I've updated the first thread with the PP

I'll be creating my layout with it tomorrow and as it says in the first post I will likely be adding to the kit I just wanted to give you guys an idea of what you were working towards!

Old 06-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #7
pixleyyy
Staying the night in the Contemporary Resort

Software: PS CC
Camera: Nikon d7000

This is actually a title page redo. I made one a month or two ago and when I went back and looked I really didn't like it. So here's my new one, inspired by one of our top 3 bucket list items as a family:
Take one more trip to Disneyland as a whole family (check!)
and
Take a family road trip (coming up next month!)
and
Take one more trip to Disney World as a whole family (hoping and saving for this one)

We're getting a little short on time, as our oldest is just finishing his sophomore year of high school, but we got Disneyland checked off the list last December. Wahoo!

This one was inspired by another page using a similar castle design. I don't remember who it was, but she used a template. I created my own (gotta save those extra $'s for our next trip!).

Also inspired by this pin:
http://pinterest.com/pin/373939575280157733/
because I loved the pink and blues together (and the castle and fireworks are one of my favorite things!).

Also posted here:
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...788#post135788
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Sorcerer\'s Hat Expedition Everest Carousel horse Cheshire Cat 1 It\'s a Small World Mouse Ears Teacups Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Star Tours Earful Tower Captain EO

Last edited by pixleyyy; 06-05-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #8
pixleyyy
Staying the night in the Contemporary Resort

Software: PS CC
Camera: Nikon d7000
By the way, beautiful PP!
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Sorcerer\'s Hat Expedition Everest Carousel horse Cheshire Cat 1 It\'s a Small World Mouse Ears Teacups Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Star Tours Earful Tower Captain EO

Old 06-06-2013, 05:03 AM   #9
Jessica Creedon
Just parked the car

Software: My Memories Suite
Camera: Nikon D7000
On my bucket list was to run a Walt Disney World Half Marathon! I did that in February and will be signing up for my second TODAY! Thanks for the inspiration!

Also posted here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...s-here&cat=575

Last edited by Jessica Creedon; 06-06-2013 at 05:12 AM.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #10
Chays52
Watching the kids play in a bug's land

Software: Elements 11
I went more the wish list route with my page. All are very attainable if I wasn't so cheap. I talk myself out of 3 of them every time and the other two I just need to be more persistent to make them happen.

This is an awesome PP and I can't wait to use the Animation themed items for a layout.

Closed Thread