MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Let's talk about DISNEY! > Fun facts, secrets, things to look for...
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 10-24-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
PNWmom
Racing through the icy caverns of the Matterhorn

Disneyland

I love Disney facts and secrets, they are great fun to look for in the parks and to add to my scrapbooks. Please add your Disneyland fun facts here and please include where you found your fun fact, there are a lot of Disney urban legends out there.

Here's mine for today.
The organ at Disneyland's Haunted Mansion is a piece of Hollywood history, being the actual organ played by Captain Nemo in Disney's own 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Exact duplicates have been built for the other Haunted Mansions.

This fun fact was found at the website below. This is a really interesting site dedicated to the Haunted Mansion. They reveal how a lot of the special effects are done, so if that might spoil the magic for you beware.
http://www.doombuggies.com/secrets_ballroom2.php
Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Janna! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail United States of America Pirate Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Teacups

PNWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2009, 09:56 PM   #2
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Re: Disneyland

I never knew that about the organ, Janna... interesting!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
Carolc
Administrator

How to get free coffee at Disneyland

I just read this on ocresort.freedomblogging.com

How to get free coffee at Disneyland
November 5th, 2009, 3:00 am posted by Sarah Tully

Did you know that you can get free refills on coffee at Disneyland?

Since 1955, Main Street’s Market House has given free refills on coffee. Purchase a cup of coffee (regular, decaf, vanilla or hazelnut) for $2.59 and save your receipt.

There’s no need to keep the cup. Just bring back the receipt and enjoy free refills all day.

At other food venues, visitors can get free refills only as long as they are continuing to dine at the location, said David Gill, a Disneyland Resort spokesman. They can’t come back later for free refills. That’s a unique deal at Market House only.

Market House sells mostly standard coffee.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 11-07-2009, 10:11 PM   #4
PNWmom

Walt's apartment

When Disneyland was being constructed Walt Disney wanted to be able to stay nearby to supervise. Anaheim where Disneyland is located was about an hour away from where he lived so Disney had an apartment built above the fire station on Main Street where he could spend the night.

Everyone knew when Walt was there because of the light left on in the window of the apartment. After Disney died a light has been left on in the apartment window in his memory. The apartment has been left the same way it was when he died but it isn't open for public viewing.

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/foru...un-facts-5845/
http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...crets_and.html
Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Janna! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail United States of America Pirate Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Teacups

Old 11-20-2009, 12:20 PM   #5
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder

Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
The next time you're there, take a few moments to look at the little person "cranking" the popcorn in each popcorn wagon. They are all themed for the specific land they are in. It's really cool!

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

QuiltyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:30 PM   #6
PNWmom

You are so right!
We got pictures of these two:

Old 04-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #7
missi_me
On Casey Jr, going 'round the track

Software: CS5
Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T1i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWmom View Post
When Disneyland was being constructed Walt Disney wanted to be able to stay nearby to supervise. Anaheim where Disneyland is located was about an hour away from where he lived so Disney had an apartment built above the fire station on Main Street where he could spend the night.

Everyone knew when Walt was there because of the light left on in the window of the apartment. After Disney died a light has been left on in the apartment window in his memory. The apartment has been left the same way it was when he died but it isn't open for public viewing.

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/foru...un-facts-5845/
http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...crets_and.html
There also use to be a fire pole in the center of the apartment. They had to remove it because people would climb up it to see Walt when he was at the park.
Pirate Ears Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Jungle Cruise United States of America Expedition Everest Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Rocket Jets I link to MouseScrappers! Cheshire Cat 1 Star Tours Captain EO

missi_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #8
kaylalovesminnie
Barnstorming along with Goofy

Software: Photoshop CS5
Camera: Kodak
Okay I'm sure many people know this already but there are LOTS of things to lookout for in the Indiana Jones queue! (LONGEST QUEUE EVER!!) lol.

First, here is a photo of Mickey Mouse's initials "MM" written in the language of the mayan God Mara...it's in a hallway past the open-roof part of the queue..the pillar is right in front of you almost.

Here is a photo of my darling fiance (lol) pulling a piece of bamboo in the "spear room" portion of the queue. If you pull it, air shoots out of hidden canons at you like you're being attacked by spears.

Here is the "round room" There is a thing you have to go around in a circle..when you first come up to it..look closely on the flat surface of the rock formation...A HIDDEN MICKEY!! (Sorry I took a bad photo ..it's pretty dark in there!!)

Around the front of the round object you'll see a sign that looks like this....

Pull that middle rope and you'll hear voices and sometimes crashing sounds too

Cool stuff right?

I have yet to see the hidden Eeyore sign, I know where it is...they say its above the projector in the movie room, but I can't see it???). Has anyone seen it??

http://fb.com/utptcbykayla
Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Ears Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Magical Express Pirate Flag Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) D23 Member Minnie Bride Cheshire Cat 1 Sorcerer\'s Hat It\'s a Small World Teacups Jungle Cruise United States of America Earful Tower 2011 Special Edition pin #6 Mickey Pumpkin

kaylalovesminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #9
tukogirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylalovesminnie View Post
I have yet to see the hidden Eeyore sign, I know where it is...they say its above the projector in the movie room, but I can't see it???). Has anyone seen it??
I have seen it! When you are looking at the little video go to the far left corner of the room, just as you enter the projection room. Usually there is a CM there. Ask him/her to show you Eeyore. He really can't be seen without a flashlight. They usually will let everyone go out of the room and then shine the flashlight up there so you can see.

Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

tukogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #10
Carolc
Administrator

Regarding Indy, did all of you see it before FastPass came out? It's 'almost' a shame now with the FastPass since you walk through this area really fast now. I think many people just walk by the bamboo pole, for example, without moving it (or waiting around to see what it does). The first time I rode it, the circular area where the person is 'handling fragile artifacts' was for child switch (parents and young kids would wait there). I still have some decoder cards somewhere.

Studio1955