MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > More Disney fun and memories > Photobooks / Albums
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Old 04-05-2011, 06:58 AM   #11
iheartdisneypins
On Casey Jr, going 'round the track

Software: Photoshop
Camera: iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadetswife View Post
440 pages!!!! OMGosh!!! That's amazing! You deserve a medal for that one.

I've been doing research on this too, and I found this company. Their binding looks interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhkkM...layer_embedded
I saw these in person, last week at Photoshop World - they are very cool. I think my next book will be a lay flat book! You want to design all of your pages as 2 page spreads, there are no single pages - and submit them as 12"x24" pages. There is no gap in the binding, the prints are glued back to back.

There are some other companies I saw that do a hinged binding and the pages lay flat - mpix - but their website sucks and they don't list 12"x12", but they do it. Bayphoto was the other one - http://www.bayphoto.com/photo-books/...nted-books.htm.

Now I need to get another book finished to add to my review! I think I will have new favorites.

Melissa
Adobe Certified Instructor
inspire-me.com
cyberelement.com
I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag Disney Vacation Club Member Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Contemporary Resort 1 Boardwalk 1 Star Tours Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears Big Eyes Grumpy Captain EO Magical Express Contemporary Resort 2 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland)

iheartdisneypins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2011, 07:17 AM   #12
Spacecadetswife
Enjoying the view from the Swiss Family Treehouse

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon Mark III & Panasonic Lux5
It's good to hear from someone who has actually seen this book. What did you think of the binding from a preservation point of view? Basically, will it last?

I'm jealous that you got to attend Photoshop World.

Spacecadetswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #13
iheartdisneypins
On Casey Jr, going 'round the track

Software: Photoshop
Camera: iPhone 6
The Adorama books will last, I think. It's all fused together, there was no seam for it to come apart.

The Bayphoto books were very sturdy and should last. The inside binding is glued - which I don't like - you put them in a hot car, the glue could melt and it could fall apart. But, these books also seem very well made. The hinge part where the page meets the binding is thin, but it's strong. A 2 yr. old might be able to do some damage, but that's true with any book.

I'm glad I went to Photoshop World, I've always wanted to go. It was 3 days of intense training. Now I know that I know everything about Photoshop and I know more than most! I personally didn't learn much, but everyone else did.

Melissa
Adobe Certified Instructor
inspire-me.com
cyberelement.com
I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag Disney Vacation Club Member Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Contemporary Resort 1 Boardwalk 1 Star Tours Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears Big Eyes Grumpy Captain EO Magical Express Contemporary Resort 2 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland)

iheartdisneypins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #14
gfengel
Testing cars on Test Track

Software: CS 5.5
Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II
Awwh, I'm really bummed that I can't do a 12 x 12 through Shared Ink. It looks like that is only for professional photographers - which I am DEFINITELY NOT!

Thanks for the great review, though! Have you ever considered Blurb? That's the one I'm currently looking at. My book is 160 pages, so Shutterfly is out.
Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Contemporary Resort 1 Disney Vacation Club Member Contemporary Resort 2 Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey Pumpkin Rocket Jets Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie Bride Magical Express Boardwalk 1 Star Tours Sorcerer\'s Hat Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! France Captain EO Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Carousel horse It\'s a Small World Expedition Everest

gfengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:49 PM   #15
Spacecadetswife

I ran into this post/review while blog cruising. Lots of good info. She likes the Adorama books too.

http://thedailydigi.com/12-different...inter-reviews/

Old 05-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #16
gfengel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadetswife View Post
I ran into this post/review while blog cruising. Lots of good info. She likes the Adorama books too.

http://thedailydigi.com/12-different...inter-reviews/
for posting that link. I kind of remember seeing it at some point, but I didn't bookmark it for some reason. I'm definitely going to have to read through that one thoroughly tomorrow - when my eyes aren't crossed from staring at a computer screen all night!
Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Contemporary Resort 1 Disney Vacation Club Member Contemporary Resort 2 Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey Pumpkin Rocket Jets Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie Bride Magical Express Boardwalk 1 Star Tours Sorcerer\'s Hat Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! France Captain EO Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Carousel horse It\'s a Small World Expedition Everest

Old 05-17-2011, 12:32 AM   #17
Spacecadetswife

I do that all the time--see something on a blog that interests me and then forget to save it. Drives me nuts.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #18
gfengel

I received this e-mail today from Shared Ink. It looks like it IS possible to print a Shared Ink book even if you aren't officially a professional photographer!

Dear Gayle,

This email is being sent to you because it has come to our attention that many of our customers are confused about us having consumer and professional account types.

Our consumer program is designed to allow our customers to collaboratively design books online with your families and friends, or to design books in iPhoto or Aperture and upload a PDF for us to make into a book.

Our professional program is geared for professional photographers and other creative professionals to create photobooks such as wedding albums, portrait albums, and guest books for their clients. Professional membership is open to photographers, students, and other creative professionals.

Both services have the same high quality hand crafted bindery and six color printing. The professional service requires books to be designed in professional tools such as Adobe InDesign or Photoshop. The professional program has a bigger variety of books sizes, cover styles, and paper options.

We have recently made changes to our website to try to reduce this confusion but we still have a ways to go, we will be making further improvements over time.

If you feel you would be better served in our professional program please go to

www.sharedink.com/register

and sign up for your professional account. You can use the same email address if you'd like. We'll review your request and get you going right away.

Best regards,

Tod Cordill
SharedInk, Inc.