MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Design Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

View Poll Results: Which color swatch should be used for the April Design Challenge?
22 29.33%
5 6.67%
8 10.67%
7 9.33%
33 44.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
frogfish
Taking the Monorail to EPCOT

Software: Photoshop CS4
Camera: Lumix
Design Challenge #2 - April 2012 - THE COLORS

We're bringing the March Design Challenge to a close in about a week so it's time to get ready for the April Design Challenge!

This thread is to discuss the color swatch for the next Design Challenge. 5 different color swatches have been created and added to the poll above for you to vote on. The swatch with the most votes will be the one we use next month!

Place your vote above and leave some suggestions for possible uses or themes for the swatch you voted for!
All MouseScrappers can vote, regardless of whether you plan to participate in the challenge or not.

Do you have an idea for a color swatch?
You may at any time submit suggestions for color swatches for the Design Challenge. To do so, please PM frogfish (Christina) with your color choices. Color swatches should contain exactly 6 colors (neutral colors need not be included in the swatch as they may be used for papers/elements even if they are not included in the swatch). You may use the template below to submit colors (right click to save the PNG) or simply send the hex codes.
Color Swatch Template
Please note that suggested swatches may not necessarily appear the following month. The monthly color poll will only include 5 choices and depending on the number of swatch suggestions received, there may not be room for all of them. Also, to ensure that the monthly color poll has many very unique choices, swatches that are similar to other submissions may not appear. Unused swatches will be retained for possible use in upcoming months. We reserve the right to alter any suggested swatch if colors are too far out of gamut (which means they will not print correctly).

Last edited by frogfish; 03-15-2012 at 12:13 AM.

frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #2
ShabbyAbby
Looking for pirates and ghosts in New Orleans Square

Voted!
I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar United States of America

ShabbyAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:08 AM   #3
WDW Scrap Princess
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6~PSE10~SBC
Camera: Nikon D3300
I voted for #3 perfect for Spring!
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Carousel horse Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Monorail Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag I love DCL! Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Teresa! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cutester Minnie Dale Bambi

WDW Scrap Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
Ronisdragon
Stopping for lunch at the Blue Bayou

Software: Photoshop Elements 9
Camera: Canon Rebel xti
I voted for 5 perfect for Princess and the Frog
2011 Special Edition pin #3 2011 Special Edition pin #6 2011 Special Edition pin #5 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Bow Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts

Ronisdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #5
frogfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronisdragon View Post
I haven't voted yet, but I'm surprised you didn't say Elliott! It would work for Pete's Dragon too!

Old 03-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
ShabbyAbby
Looking for pirates and ghosts in New Orleans Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronisdragon View Post
Me too! and that's what I was thinking!!
I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar United States of America

ShabbyAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
Ronisdragon
Stopping for lunch at the Blue Bayou

Software: Photoshop Elements 9
Camera: Canon Rebel xti
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogfish View Post
I haven't voted yet, but I'm surprised you didn't say Elliott! It would work for Pete's Dragon too!

How did I miss that!?! Actually I was testing you all! See how well I have you trained! The colors are perfect for my favorite princess and the world's greatest dragon! I may have to try my hand at this, this month. I'm nervous cause I have no idea how to design!
lots of ideas for #5:
Pete's Dragon
Princess and the Frog
Tinkerbell
Sleeping Beauty
Daisy Duck
Marie
Piglet
Tangled
Boo and Mike from Monsters Inc.
Figment
Kermit and Miss Piggy
Non-traditional take on Halloween
2011 Special Edition pin #3 2011 Special Edition pin #6 2011 Special Edition pin #5 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Bow Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts

Last edited by Ronisdragon; 03-15-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Ronisdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:13 AM   #8
frogfish

Ok, I finally voted. My vote is based on what I personally have to scrap. I needed a day to look through my photos to see what I have yet to do.

I voted for #1 because I can use those colors for: Tomorrowland, Monorail (we saw the TRON one), Spaceship Earth, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, Everest, Goofy, Splash Mountain, Cinderella, castle pics, fountain pics, rain pics , Dive Quest in the Living Seas, Electric Water Pageant on the Seven Seas Lagoon, pool pics, pics from the beach, and for some reason it makes me think of Alice in Wonderland and the tea cups.

Sound like a sales pitch? That's because it is!

If you want your favorite swatch to win, list some possible uses to show others why they should vote for it!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #9
omaha
Cooling off in Critter Country

Software: Photoshop CS5
Camera: Sony a550
i voted too for 5 ! great colors !

my blog : Mary Cup of Tea First trip in WDW 10/25/17 - 11/15/17 and DLParis Passport Infinity so many time
Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat Kermit 1 I link to MouseScrappers! Pumpkin Pirate Flag It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

omaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #10
Fran98765
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PS CS6
Camera: Kodak P&S
ugh not #5... too pink and girly!
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Monorail Thanks for being so helpful to others Fran! I link to MouseScrappers! I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cheshire Cat 1 Star Tours Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Teacups Carousel horse Pirate Ears Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Rocket Jets Magical Express I love DCL! United States of America Minnie\'s Bow Contemporary Resort 1 Earful Tower Pirate Dog Fantasmic

Fran98765 is offline   Reply With Quote