MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Speed Scraps
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 02-11-2014, 06:56 AM   #1
scrappinnewbie
E Ticket Holder

Software: SBC+3.0
Camera: Cannon Rebel XTi
2014 Marathon - Game #3

It is time for Game #3. In this thread I want you to brag on yourself. I want us all to share in your accomplishments.

I often find during the marathons that I very pleased with myself for one reason or another and often times my DH just doesn't understand it. I need someone who is a scrapper to understand my joy. So... I want to share in that happiness with you.

For me, I am often pleased with a specific something during the event. For example.. I am pleased with the end result of a LO... or pleased that I was inspired to use a certain kit... or pleased that I was able to use certain photos... or pleased that I stepped outside my personal comfort zone and did something different... You get the idea.

Please use this thread to share with us a couple of your OWN LO's that really make you smile AND tell us why.

If you need help in getting started... answer this question..

I am proud of myself because I (fill in the blank)... created, tried, made, accomplished...

Only uplifting things in this thread, please. I want you to brag on yourself. As a prize, I will select two lucky random posters to win a signature pin from the MouseScrappers virtual pin shoppe.

Melinda
Mouse Ears United States of America Minnie\'s Shoe Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Melinda! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Teacups Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Panda Germany R2-D2 Pigglet 1 Carol helped me book my vacation! Big Thunder Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

scrappinnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2014, 07:23 AM   #2
3BluEyedBabies
Watching Finding Nemo the Musical

Software: GIMP
Camera: Canon Power Shot SX260
Game #3

Well I guess I'll start! I am so proud of the fact that I finished another marathon!! I used some kits that I bought a while ago and never used (my favorite being Change Your Fate by Trixie Scraps & Britt-ish Designs-which I used for 2 LOs!), I learned how to blend a photo into the BG (SUPER easy, btw!), and I made almost all of my LOs without templates!!
Here are a few of my own favorites!!

3BluEyedBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:23 AM   #3
Chays52
Watching the kids play in a bug's land

Software: Elements 11
Here are some of my own personal pats of the back for this marathon:
1) I used 8 kits from my stash that I have never used before - I am a total hoarder
2) I've never done a photo as the page background - I love this technique and plan to use it again.
3) I finally feel comfortable and confident in my clustering

Here are a few of my favorites layouts

Pirate Flag Mouse Ears

Chays52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
jang
Trying to escape from Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear

I was so happy with trying a new technique because I played around and tried the posterize photo filter. First time I ever used it and I love the way it looks on the top right photo. I even used it later for another LO. Also, I liked the way the layout using the photo background turned out.

United States of America Earful Tower Carousel horse Sorcerer\'s Hat Minnie Bride Star Tours Magical Express Minnie\'s Bow Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Mouse Ears Teacups Minnie\'s Shoe Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland)

jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #5
Amanda J.
Enjoying the whimsy of PhilharMagic

Software: PSE9
Camera: Nikon D50, & iPhone 4s
I finished the whole thing. Bonus, I finished our 2012 trip! I've got stuff organized to work on 2013 now. I am proud I finished it all, LOL! Here are some of my favorite layouts from this marathon:
Mouse Ears

Amanda J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #6
Murmer
Getting some photos of the Tree of Life

I have always struggled with clustering...especially more than 3 flowers...so I was really proud with how I made the cluster in the upper part of this page (especially since this page really stretched me).
Ive met another MouseScrapper Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts!

Murmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:58 PM   #7
roxana
Checking out, and taking Magical Express back to MCO

Software: CS5
Camera: Canon
Im proud of myself because I love how this 2 pages came up so I turned them into a back n cover for a small book for Epcot, with pics that didnt make into the big book.

I will edit later my post with the 2 pg cover cause I already closed my ps

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

roxana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #8
Jojo
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon EOS 550D
I have also a few pages where I'm really proud off!

I already am proud of this picture, so I wanted to create something to highlight it's beauty even more. Think I almost nailed it.

I'm Lost without a template in most cases, but for this one, the instructions gave me the confidence of stepping away from a template and just create my own page

I had a hard time picking a kit, and it's actually a spring kit I used, but it turned out great! Also the blend worked out really well so it looks like the sisters are making a heart around themself.

I don't use black and white that much. So I'm proud of trying it and that it worked great!

And my thing to be the most proud off, is that I finished them all!

Disneyland Paris Dream Annual Passholder
First DLR Anaheim visit: 13 - 20 August 2015!
First cruise: 7 nights - Magic (Mediteranian Europe) Departure 10 september!
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

Jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:47 PM   #9
Annet83
Enjoying the whimsy of PhilharMagic

Ooh, I love complementing others but I hardly am satisfied with myself, so this it a nice challenge for me! :P I'm gonna do a top 3:

Speedscrap #159:

I really like the effect of the black & white photos (gonna do that more often!) in combination with the bright colors. It became such a funky love LO, not at all what I expected when I chose the photos!

Speedscrap #165:

While clustering I got really frustrated, cause I thought it wasn't going anywhere, but I pushed through and the clustered border became awesome I think! Also I like my 'special effect' with the blended photo on that background.

Speedscrap #167:

The non-typical Disney stuff usually takes me a lot more effort to scrap than the characters, rides and all the stuff you have the perfect theme-kits for! I'm so happy with the result of this cocktail page, it really has the relaxed, warm feeling the cocktail gave me :P

Annet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #10
angustia17
Taking a relaxing cruise on the Mark Twain

Software: Gimp/My Memories
Love this idea! I always show my DH my pages as well, and he doesn't give 2 cents about them. HAHA

It is REALLY hard for me NOT to use flowers... so I was pretty pleased with how this page turned out for not having any flowers in it.

These other layouts are my personal favorites from this marathon.

Thanks everyone for all the fun speed scraps and for the comments and nominations! Means a lot and I love getting inspiration from everyone else's hard work as well!!

angustia17 is offline   Reply With Quote