MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Photography
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Old 10-11-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
poohaddict
E Ticket Holder

Software: Storybook Creator 3.0 & PSE9
Camera: Canon Rebel T2i
Lens ??????

Ok I have a Canon rebel T1i I love it but I was dissapointed in our last trip to Disney at the night and low light pics. I have been trying to do some research online and have come up with no help. Does anyone have any suggestions what to do. I am still fairly new at being a DSLR owner.
I am considering going to a local camera store and taking some classes on how to use my camera.

My Blog Donna
Carousel horse Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Cheshire Cat 1 Teacups Star Tours Germany Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow It\'s a Small World Mickey Pumpkin USA Pinocchio Girlie Disney Vacation Club Minnie Cupcake Toy Story Pooh Marie Cupcake Cheshire Cat Cupcake Pirate 2 Pumpkin Mickey Confetti Cupcake Plane Crazy Toy Story Alien Mexico

poohaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
mouselvrmom
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE 10
Camera: Canon 60D
Unless you have a fast lens (think 1.8 F) then you can't take hand held shots. If you have a lens with a aperture of 1.8 then you can have a faster shutter speed and hand held shots will turn out better. However, a tripod is best for low light shots.

A good cheap lens is the 50mm 1.8F, or if you want to go crazy, you could get the 1.4. I love this lens, but the images are pretty cropped, you have to far away from your subject to get much in, but it does work pretty well for Disney.

I'm sure people here have a lot more knowledge than me, but I would definitely recommend getting a book or taking a class!
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Disney Vacation Club Member Boardwalk 1 Magical Express Carousel horse I link to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 1 Cheshire Cat 1 Eiffel Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Rocket Jets Pirate Flag Expedition Everest Monorail It\'s a Small World United Kingdom United States of America Star Tours Viking Ship Pirate Ears Norway Pirate Dog Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Cutester Bee Haunted Mansion Girlie Plane Crazy Kaa

mouselvrmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:19 AM   #3
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
The 50mm 1.8 is a very popular lens for all makes, it seems. I have one for Nikon, Fiona mentioned that it is a favorite lens of hers and she has a Sony, and it sounds like it's a favorite for Canon users as well. My only issue with it is you do have to stand far away from your subject. I love the 1.8, though - but I think I would have looked into the 35mm 1.8 instead.

Also, if you haven't already, you could try shooting in aperture priority.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:55 AM   #4
Fioontje
Relaxing on the TTA PeopleMover

Software: Photoshop CS6
Camera: Sony A350 & Panasonic TZ7
Indeed, I have the 50 mm 1.8 and very happy with it! Takes good shots with lower lights. 1.4 is better, but more expensive too!
Netherlands Sorcerer\'s Hat Eiffel Tower Captain EO Expedition Everest Magical Express Earful Tower I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I link to MouseScrappers! Cheshire Cat 1

Fioontje is offline   Reply With Quote