MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Tutorials
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 06-01-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
JustTJ
On Casey Jr, going 'round the track

Tutorial for Picture GLOBE in PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS

I made this album cover using a tutorial I found here. That tutorial is buried in another thread that many might not think of looking into for these instructions, so I'm providing that link here. http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...1&postcount=16 These original instructions were provided by hickman4638 and I give many thanks to him for this. I did have one issue with these instructions and I will provide my fix for it.:

I found that when I did step 2 for the reflection instructions, Both Globes would flip. When I would try to turn ONE back around, my picture strips would not line up properly. For some reason my PSE9 would not let me flip just one layer. SO HERE IS WHAT I DID: After step 6 in the first set of instructions, SAVE the Globe as a separate file. PROCEED to step 2 of the Reflection instructions, skipping step one. After you flip this globe, ADD in the previous saved one and postion as you wish I hope this step is helpful Step 5 I did not need to use as my version of PSE actually does have the layer mask function.

Also, here is a link to the Grid I made to put the pictures into in the first step. This ready made grid may help save some time Grid template.psd

Last edited by JustTJ; 06-01-2012 at 05:53 AM.

JustTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
Nanie Scrapper
Staying the night in the Contemporary Resort

Software: CS5 and PSE 9
Camera: Nikon
Thank you so much for sharing all of this information! I know others will definitely appreciate your help also.
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Minnie\'s Bow Magical Express Mickey Pumpkin Pinocchio Queen of Hearts Big Eyes Goofy USA Big Eyes Donald Italy Star Tours Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 2 Contemporary Resort 1 Jungle Cruise Expedition Everest Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Ears Mickey\'s shorts Pirate Flag

Nanie Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
JustTJ

Can someone test my link to the Grid template? Let me know if this one is working. I've had one report from one I posted elsewhere that they were being blocked from my 4shared and I don't know why.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
SherBear
I'm on the tram

Software: PSE
I was able to download it. Thank you for taking the time to make this and share it with us.

SherBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #5
Nanie Scrapper
Staying the night in the Contemporary Resort

Software: CS5 and PSE 9
Camera: Nikon
I had no problems with 4-Shared either. Downloaded fine.
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Minnie\'s Bow Magical Express Mickey Pumpkin Pinocchio Queen of Hearts Big Eyes Goofy USA Big Eyes Donald Italy Star Tours Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 2 Contemporary Resort 1 Jungle Cruise Expedition Everest Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Ears Mickey\'s shorts Pirate Flag

Nanie Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
sue216
Just parked the car

epcot ball

thanks so much, i can't wait to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTJ View Post
I made this album cover using a tutorial I found here. That tutorial is buried in another thread that many might not think of looking into for these instructions, so I'm providing that link here. http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...1&postcount=16 These original instructions were provided by hickman4638 and I give many thanks to him for this. I did have one issue with these instructions and I will provide my fix for it.:

I found that when I did step 2 for the reflection instructions, Both Globes would flip. When I would try to turn ONE back around, my picture strips would not line up properly. For some reason my PSE9 would not let me flip just one layer. SO HERE IS WHAT I DID: After step 6 in the first set of instructions, SAVE the Globe as a separate file. PROCEED to step 2 of the Reflection instructions, skipping step one. After you flip this globe, ADD in the previous saved one and postion as you wish I hope this step is helpful Step 5 I did not need to use as my version of PSE actually does have the layer mask function.

Also, here is a link to the Grid I made to put the pictures into in the first step. This ready made grid may help save some time Grid template.psd

sue216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
CoralTurtle
Feeling like a kid again on Tom Sawyer Island

Software: CS5 & Lightroom
Camera: Canon Rebel T3i, Canon SX40
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. This has been on my digi to-do list, and you've just made it so much easier!

Mouse Ears United States of America Monorail Star Tours Earful Tower Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Ears Expedition Everest Sorcerer\'s Hat Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Japan Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Pooh Big Eyes Pluto Big Eyes Mike Wazowski Pete Yin Yang Carousel horse Pirates of the Caribbean Ive met another MouseScrapper

CoralTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #8
bpowersj
I'm on the tram

Software: PSE8
Camera: Cannon 40D
Thanks for sharing!! Just downloaded.

bpowersj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:54 PM   #9
robinsk@mac.com
Just parked the car

Embarrassed Great template - but need help!

Hello - I just got back from Disney on Friday. I'd seen this globe idea scrap-lifted before and wanted to do the same. I was delighted to find the template and instructions and have spent a lot of the day working on it. I've gotten to the creation of the sphere step and have hit a glitch.

I created the sphere 10x10 as per suggestion, but when I try and create a 12x12 background so that I can position the globe and create the reflection, the background only comes up 10x10 also. Even when I open a new docutment and specify 12x12 dimensions. Grrr. Any ideas how to correct?

I am using PSE 11. Help greatly appreciated

robinsk@mac.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:47 AM   #10
JustTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsk@mac.com View Post
Hello - I just got back from Disney on Friday. I'd seen this globe idea scrap-lifted before and wanted to do the same. I was delighted to find the template and instructions and have spent a lot of the day working on it. I've gotten to the creation of the sphere step and have hit a glitch.

I created the sphere 10x10 as per suggestion, but when I try and create a 12x12 background so that I can position the globe and create the reflection, the background only comes up 10x10 also. Even when I open a new docutment and specify 12x12 dimensions. Grrr. Any ideas how to correct?

I am using PSE 11. Help greatly appreciated
I can imagine how frustrating that is. When I'm done work, I'll follow my own instructions and make a Globe from our last trip and see at what point you are getting stuck. I'll post here what I can figure out for you. It seems I recall saving the the globe as a png or jpeg before inserting it onto my background page. I haven't made one in over a year, so need to start from scratch to refresh my memory. Rest assured, if someone doesn't answer you sooner than me, I will definately post an answer