MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Photo Scavenger Hunt Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 08-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
amordemar
Having breakfast in Goofy's Kitchen

Software: Photoshop CS5
Camera: Canon 50D; lenses: 50mm, 85mm
Photo Scavenger Hunt Challenge #12 (September 1 - October 31, 2012)

I am posting this a bit early because next week is super hectic for me and I don't want to forget! Plus, if anyone is trying to get prepared for an upcoming trip (like ME!), you can go ahead and print this out and pack it with your things

The months of September & October are full of the excitement of Fall in many places and bring many festivities to the Disney parks whether it be WDW or Disneyland (or any others for that matter). There are also some unusual, lesser known (and probably made up, but fun nonetheless) holidays during these two months. So for this Scavenger Hunt, we will focus on some of those with a “Disney Twist”. Also, there are THIRTY ONE challenges (and a couple bonus ones at the end for "cruisers") but you ONLY have to complete 15 to qualify for the PP!

1. In celebration of “back to school” and “National Apple Month” in Sept. and “Apple Jack Month” in Oct. – find something apple-related
2. “National Waffle” week in Sept. starts today – are you eating Mickey Ear Waffles this morning?
3. Happy Labor Day in Sept. – find something very “American” to photograph
4. It’s “Fall Hat Month” in Sept. – photograph a member in your party wearing a “Disney” hat!
5. October is “National Drum Month” – can you snap someone beating on or using a DRUM?
6. It’s "Mad Hatter Day" in Oct. – photograph something “Alice in Wonderland” themed!
7. It’s Dapper Day in Disneyland today – photograph a Dapper Dan or someone wearing their “Sunday best”
8. Night of Joy is taking place in Walt Disney World in September – photograph a “joyful” moment!
9. Today is “Wonderful Weirdos Day” in Sept.– can you get “goofy” with a character or capture someone in your party being silly?
10. Tomorrow is “Make Your Bed Day” in Sept. – do you have a cool bed in your hotel room?!
11. “It’s My Party” day in Oct – snap a photo of people dancing and having a party!!
12. September is also “National Classical Music Month” – can you photograph something musical whether its musical notes spotted somewhere or a musical performance?
13. We all love “National Chocolate Day” in Sept.! Grab a Mickey Bar and say CHOCOLATE!
14. Halloween has started to show its spooky face – photograph something extra scary or something else Halloween-related like PUMPKINS!
15. “Hispanic Heritage Month” in Sept. has started today - how has Disney honored this amazing culture?!
16. September is a month that celebrates honey – can you spot something Pooh Bear related?
17. Don’t forget to find a hidden Mickey!!
18. Today is “National Cheeseburger Day” in Sept.– eat and/or photograph one in celebration!
19. Aargh Matey – it’s “National Talk Like a Pirate Day” in Sept.. Could you go all day speaking in “pirate-ese”? Photograph something pirate related, or walk the plank!
20. Today is “The Sweetest Day” in October – can you photograph two characters spotted holding hands!
21. Today is “International Peace Day” in Sept.– take a photo in front of your favorite spot giving us some “peace signs”
22. It’s “Elephant Appreciation Day” in Sept. and in honor of the new Storybook Circus opening in WDW, photograph something elephant related.
23. Oktoberfest begins in many places – photograph a member of your party with a nice cold one (doesn’t HAVE to be beer)
24. Today is “Family Day” in Sept.– no matter who you’re roaming the parks with, take a photo as a group!
25. October is “National Popcorn Popping Month” – celebrate with a bag of some popped yumminess and snap away!
26. It’s “Johnny Appleseed Day” in Sept. – if you haven’t seen or don’t remember – the character Johnny Appleseed sings “The Lord is Good to Me” in the vintage Disney hit “Melody Time”. Find something VINTAGE Disney to photograph!
27. Today is “National Tell A Story Day” in Oct. – find some sort of mural, book, painting, etc that “tells a story”.
28. October 1 is “World Vegetarian Day” – so in honor of all the Disney animals out there, photograph your favorite “TAIL” as it walks by…
29. My personal favorite – “National Coffee Day” in Sept – coffee carts can sometimes be hard to find in Disney parks – photograph your favorite cup or cafĂ©.
30. September is also “National Courtesy Month” so THANK YOU FOR PLAYING ALONG! Snap a photo of a member of your party giving a curtsy with or without a Disney Princess!
31. BOO! It’s Halloween on Oct 31! Can you spot any Disney VILLAIN lurking around?!

EXTRA CREDITS FOR “CRUISERS” (OR IF YOU JUST FEEL UP TO THE CHALLENGE!)
1. Because its Native American Day on Sept. 28 and because Indians are known for their quiet tracking skills, photograph a pair of “footprints” you’ve found or even your own footprints in the SAND!
2. September is “Baby Safety Month” so photograph some sort of Disney-themed safety element, whether it’s your life jacket lessons or the emergency boats.
3. Its “Teddy Bear Day” on Sept. 9 – can you spot anything Duffy the Bear themed?!
4. September 21 is “Miniature Golf Day” – come up with a creative way to photograph yourselves on the ship’s mini golf course!
5. In honor of Finding Nemo 3D debuting on September 14th and October being “National Seafood Month”, find something “fishy” to photograph!

Here's What Your Playing For:

The Challenge Rules:

1. I will be posting a list of photos to capture... you must gather a minimum of 15 of the items on the photo scavenger hunt list.

2. You should be able to do this at WDW or DL or any of the international parks, or on a Disney cruise (this can be over several days in any Disney park, or even on a cruise/parks trip, just as long as its within the time frame listed)

3. You must be visiting a Disney park between 9/1/2012 and 10/31/2012

4. I want photos from this visit, please be honest here, and find some way of proving this (photo of the park map you received the time frame you go or scan your park ticket, or a receipt for example).

5. You must use your own photos, not someone else's, unless its a photopass photo or taken by someone else in your party.

6. Then when you get home post a layout of your photos in this thread.

7. Label the photos or have a guide numbering and listing the photos. I need to be able to easily check off that you have gotten at least 15 of the items listed (you can add more than 15 if you want to).

You should post your LO in the Photo Scavenger Hunt Gallery.

Then post your LO back in this thread, with a link to the LO in the gallery and forum.

Please be sure to leave some comments for your fellow challenge participants in the gallery.

**You must post a layout by midnight (east coast time) November 15th 2012 to qualify for the challenge prize.**

Ali -

Come Say Hi Over at My Scrap Blog!! A Disney Addicted Family! DH , ME! Ali , Ethan , Ava , and Lulu
Magical Express I link to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Bow Carousel horse Boo Cheshire Cat Cupcake Star Tours Pirate Flag Big Eyes Minnie Captain EO Big Eyes Tinkerbell Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Haunted Mansion Japan United Kingdom I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers!

amordemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
tukogirl

This list is fantastic, Ali! I love the theme of celebrations and there are tons of things that I will be able to capture in DTD and on the cruise, so it's perfect!

And oh my gosh, those watercolors are awesome! I ADORE the little watercolor ariel!!

Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

tukogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
snowdrop

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
I love how each thing on the list is tied to a day/celebration! I'm going end of Sept/early Oct, and I always love doing the hunt!

See the over 300 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2019)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
larkd
Heading to the Contemporary Resort

Software: PSE10
Question - I'll be in Disneyland in Sept and WDW in Oct. can I combine the two parks?
Speed Scrapper! Mouse Ears United States of America Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Expedition Everest Monorail Star Tours Christmas Tree Panda Mickey Pumpkin Cheshire Cat 1 Eiffel Tower Cozy Cone Motel Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway Turkey Anna

larkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
amordemar

I don't see why not! Just combine them into the same layout, or onto a two page spread

Come Say Hi Over at My Scrap Blog!! A Disney Addicted Family! DH , ME! Ali , Ethan , Ava , and Lulu
Magical Express I link to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Bow Carousel horse Boo Cheshire Cat Cupcake Star Tours Pirate Flag Big Eyes Minnie Captain EO Big Eyes Tinkerbell Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Haunted Mansion Japan United Kingdom I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers!

Old 10-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
meagan43
Enjoying an Illuminations dessert party

Software: Creative Memories Storybook Creator
Camera: Nikon D3000, Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS, whatever else I can find to use :)
Oh, my gosh! That list is FANTASTIC!
National Elephant Day . . .really!?! I love it. I think of a certain someone who has been bathing "with his trunks on" for quite a long time now

We will be hitting DL & DCA for Halloween Oct 27-30, Can't wait

my blog:
http://meaganshowto.blogspot.com/
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

meagan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #7
amordemar

Hey gals - hope you all are having a great time on your trips these past two months and having fun creating those layouts!! For my layouts, I found the following from the challenge:

#2. mickey ear waffles
#4. mickey ear HATS
#5. the jam-itors banging on some DRUMS
#6. something alice in wonderland themed
#7. a joyful moment
#10. our cool hotel bed!
#11. dancin' in the street
#13. something chocolate
#14. mickey pumpkin!
#15. in honor of national hispanic heritage month
#17. hidden mickey!
#18 cheeseburger
#21. peace sign
#22. something "elephant" related
#23. enjoying a "cold one"
#25. popcorn!
#26. vintage Disney
#27. storytelling mural
#28. one of our favorite "tails" walking by!
#29. coffee - YUM!
#31. Disney villain
Bonus #1. footprints (Lady & the Tramp's)

Thanks for playing along ladies!!! Good luck

Old 10-26-2012, 03:31 AM   #8
snowdrop

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
I just realized I haven't done my layout yet! I need to get on that, I took the pics during my trip.

See the over 300 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2019)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #9
meagan43
Enjoying an Illuminations dessert party

Software: Creative Memories Storybook Creator
Camera: Nikon D3000, Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS, whatever else I can find to use :)
I am so excited about my trip to DL for Mickey's Halloween Party. We leave tonight and do't return until late Tuesday night.
I usually wouldn't ask this, but . . .

can I have a little extension? Pretty please, with sugar on top

With only 1 day to do the actual LO after I return and that being Halloween itself with a party during the day, decorating to do for the treaters and then getting the kids ready for trick or treating, I don't think that I will have any down-time to do the LO until Nov 1st.

my blog:
http://meaganshowto.blogspot.com/
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

meagan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #10
tukogirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by meagan43 View Post
I am so excited about my trip to DL for Mickey's Halloween Party. We leave tonight and do't return until late Tuesday night.
I usually wouldn't ask this, but . . .

can I have a little extension? Pretty please, with sugar on top

With only 1 day to do the actual LO after I return and that being Halloween itself with a party during the day, decorating to do for the treaters and then getting the kids ready for trick or treating, I don't think that I will have any down-time to do the LO until Nov 1st.
Hi Meagan!

Actually, you have until November 15th to get your page done, so no worries!

It is down there at the verrry bottom of the first post:

**You must post a layout by midnight (east coast time) November 15th 2012 to qualify for the challenge prize.**

Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

tukogirl is offline   Reply With Quote