MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Photography
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Old 03-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
jeniferdwn
Uh oh , I just looked into the eyes of Mara

Software: I haven't tried digi scapping yet.
Camera: Nikon D3000, and Canon 100sx IS
Nikon D3000 question

Does anyone have a D3000 or D3100? Any camera similar may be the same. I was taking pictures of my DDs first softball practice last night. The camera wanted to focus on the fence which was closer than on my daughter who was out in the field. Any ideas on how to focus on the players instead of the fence?

Other than to climb up to the top row and look over the fence?

Dh Me DD(9) Ds(4) Lucky Chia
Rascal RIP -- Little Pup
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Ears Pirate Dog Pirate Flag Christmas Tree Mickey Pumpkin Magical Express Cheshire Cat 1

jeniferdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2011, 06:01 AM   #2
WenRob
Arrived in Orlando, waiting for Magical Express

Software: Corel PSP X3
Camera: Nikon D90 & D700 (woo hoo!)
What focus settings are you using? On Nikons there are usually 3 (with a bazillion options). AF-C for moving subjects, the camera will track your main subject. AF-S you choose a single focus point. AF-A the camera will choose either AF-C or AF-S when it sees fit. I personally use AF-S, it's what works best for me.

Your camera is going to look for the best contrast and the closest thing to focus on. When you go to take the pics aim that little box in the view finder at your DD, put your lens against the fence if you have to. Push your shutter button halfway. You should hear a little beep and/or see a little dot go solid in your viewfinder. Also your DD should come into sharp focus in your viewfinder. With a DSLR you can't just point and shoot, you need to tell the camera what to do, kwim? If none of the above works you can manually focus until your DD comes into focus.
There's a fence between me and the bird. I ended up manual focusing and was fairly close to the fence.

Hope this has helped.
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Pirate Ears Teacups Jungle Cruise Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Ive met another MouseScrapper

Last edited by WenRob; 03-17-2011 at 06:20 AM.

WenRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
jeniferdwn
Uh oh , I just looked into the eyes of Mara

Software: I haven't tried digi scapping yet.
Camera: Nikon D3000, and Canon 100sx IS
thanks for the info, I'll have to do some tests tonight at practice. I just got the camera for Christmas and I still have alot to learn!!

Dh Me DD(9) Ds(4) Lucky Chia
Rascal RIP -- Little Pup
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Ears Pirate Dog Pirate Flag Christmas Tree Mickey Pumpkin Magical Express Cheshire Cat 1

jeniferdwn is offline   Reply With Quote