MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Let's talk about DISNEY! > Disney News and information
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 08-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
digiscrappy
Just parked the car

Software: Paint Shop Pro X2 and PSE 8.0
Camera: Nikon Coolpix P90
Smile Any idea how?

Hi there, I'm Tam aka digiscrappy, and I'm new!

So here's the deal:

In a few weeks, I'm going to be in Orlando on business for a conference, staying at the Loews Royal Pacific at Universal. Without a rental car. Of course, I love all things , and it's killing me to think that I'm going to be *that* close and not get the chance to visit. I especially would love to get to Magic Kingdom while I'm there to see (and photograph) the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party decorations.

Without a rental car, does anyone have ideas on how I can get to the park in the evening? I know there's the bus, but I think the last bus run is 10:30pm but the park is open til midnight. Of course I want to see the fireworks!

I'm half-tempted to rent a car on my own just for the 24 hour period that I'm thinking about going to the park.

digiscrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
jr4mni
Enjoying a baguette by the fountains of France

Software: Craft Artist Pro, PSE 10, PCS6
Camera: Looking for a new one.
Besides taxis that are everywhere, the other option with the most flexibility for you is to rent your own car.

If it were me, I'd get my own set of wheels and a good navigation app for my phone!

PROUDLY creating for Mad for the Mouse Designs and Chubby Chihuahua-Designs
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie Bride Star Tours Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Mouse Ears Mickey Pumpkin United States of America Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Pirate Flag Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat Carousel horse Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

jr4mni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
Fran98765
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PS CS6
Camera: Kodak P&S
If you are just going to swing by MK for a little bit I would just take a taxi. Depending on the time you head over you may be able to take the hotel's shuttle there and a taxi back at the end of the night.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Monorail Thanks for being so helpful to others Fran! I link to MouseScrappers! I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cheshire Cat 1 Star Tours Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Teacups Carousel horse Pirate Ears Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Rocket Jets Magical Express I love DCL! United States of America Minnie\'s Bow Contemporary Resort 1 Earful Tower Pirate Dog Fantasmic

Fran98765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
snowdrop

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
I would just take a taxi to the Contemporary Resort and walk over. Then after the party, walk back to the Contemporary, and they'll get a cab for you. It should be cheaper than renting a car. If you ask the cab to take you to the Magic Kingdom, they'll take you to the TTC and then you'll still have to take the monorail/ferry to the MK.

Like Fran said, the hotel may have a free shuttle that takes you to the MK (though since it's on Universal property, I'm not sure), so check that out first. That would save you money for having to get there, but I'd still take the cab back after the party.

See the over 300 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2019)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote