MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Design Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Old 06-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #21
grandmaliza
Having breakfast in Goofy's Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by afirmbeliever View Post
Sounds like a great time. Are you going to Siesta Key? One of my favorite beaches. If you go there, go to Kilwin's on St. Armand's circle. Great ice cream and fudge. You can't beat the taste and smell. (I used to work there years and years ago). There is also and AMAZING Italian restaurant on the circle. Best Tomato Basil soup I've ever had.
OMG Kilwin's! That's the best! Discovered them in Siesta Key and then last year with the grandkids in south Michigan. Thank you for the reminder!

grandmaliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #22
afirmbeliever
Enjoying the view from the Swiss Family Treehouse

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D3100
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaliza View Post
OMG Kilwin's! That's the best! Discovered them in Siesta Key and then last year with the grandkids in south Michigan. Thank you for the reminder!
When I used to come home from work, my boyfriend's friends used to say "Can we smell you?". LOL. I smelt like waffle cones and fudge all wrapped up into one. I have to say though, I think I love their lemonade best of all. (I think the name of the rest. is Venezia. Huge portions, great food).

I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Cheshire Cat 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Mouse Ears United States of America Teacups Pop Century Mickeys shoe Carousel horse Sorcerer\'s Hat Monorail Mickey\'s shorts Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow Jungle Cruise It\'s a Small World

afirmbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #23
Cindyrelly
Stopping for lunch at the Blue Bayou

Software: PhotoShop
Camera: Nikon 3100
Quote:
Okay, I think I'm going to do a Summer Tourist kit. Camera, Leis, Hawaiian prints, suntan block, Tickets, suitcase, maps, sunglasses, white socks and sandals, flipflops, That sort of thing. (Cinderelly-I know you mentioned doing water parks. I'll stay away from that aspect. I'll do more of a tourist that would be visiting theme parks. I'm sure we'll have some overlapping items, but not many.).

I'll definitely be adding some brown into the kit. I was wondering if we can add any green leaves to the kit? Not sure I'll need to, but just in case.
Oh, no I have never been to Siesta Key although I have lived in FLA for over 40 years and grew up just outside of Orlando and still live here!! I have family in Naples and that is where I go and have done for over 25 years. I even lived on Marco Island for awhile when starting out in community college many moons ago but came back here to finish my bachelors at UCF and have stayed... been thinking about moving to Naples though. I'm ready to become a beach bum and don't care for the atlantic and beaches like Ormond, Daytona, New Smyrna and Cocoa... they are Too rough. Had enough of this Rat Race around here. Sure has changed a lot but I guess everywhere has. Even Naples has, it used to be a sleepy little Winter "Snow-Bird" destination but now definitely isn't the Ghost Town in the Summer that it used to be!

Don't worry about overlap on themes or whatnot The more the merrier!! For some reason, every single challenge seems to have just the perfect balance of everything and turns out fabulous!

I just have Summer Fun on my mind!! It has been Summer here for awhile now.... HOT, HUMID and ready to CHILL!
I link to MouseScrappers! Ive met another MouseScrapper

Cindyrelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #24
Cindyrelly

Software: PhotoShop
Camera: Nikon 3100
Quote:
When I used to come home from work, my boyfriend's friends used to say "Can we smell you?". LOL. I smelt like waffle cones and fudge all wrapped up into one. I have to say though, I think I love their lemonade best of all. (I think the name of the rest. is Venezia. Huge portions, great food).
OH, I just noticed we have the same camera! I got mine for my birthday back in April and have not even turned it on So what do you think about it? I wanted a Nikon but everything seemed so intimidating so I just bought it but.... yeah, I need to start using it and not the camera on my phone!
I link to MouseScrappers! Ive met another MouseScrapper

Cindyrelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #25
StacyLynn

Software: photoshop elements
Camera: nikon D5000 & Kodak Easyshare
new.....

I think I would like to try this.... do we each pick our own theme? Is it ok to do the same as someone?? and if we are a designer can we later sell our part??

StacyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #26
frogfish
Taking the Monorail to EPCOT

Software: Photoshop CS4
Camera: Lumix
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthompsonfoto View Post
I really REALLY want to participate in this but I have never designed anything before, SO.... I am asking for a little help, can you guys guide me to some good tutorials so I can get into another habit that I don't really have time for?? I would love to host challanges and such also but I need to be able to offer a PP, So any help her will be appriciated.
Thanks so much
We have collected some resources that you might find useful although I'm not sure how many are tutorials per se. You can find them here: http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10172

frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #27
frogfish
Taking the Monorail to EPCOT

Software: Photoshop CS4
Camera: Lumix
Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
I think I would like to try this.... do we each pick our own theme? Is it ok to do the same as someone?? and if we are a designer can we later sell our part??
Everyone picks their own theme and you may do the same theme as someone else (because of individual styles they'll turn out different anyway). Anything goes, just stick to the color palette and watch out for copyright/trademark violations. You retain the rights to your submission, so you may sell it if you choose to do so.

frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #28
Wahoomrm
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSCS2
Camera: Canon
Count me in. I've been kicking around ideas and will do something "sea themed" ... probably Ariel-ish.
Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Mickey Pumpkin Sorcerer\'s Hat Contemporary Resort 2 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Expedition Everest Contemporary Resort 1 Mickey Parts Patchwork Canada United Kingdom France Morocco Japan Italy Germany China Norway Mexico

Wahoomrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #29
StacyLynn

Software: photoshop elements
Camera: nikon D5000 & Kodak Easyshare
I am doing a beach n sea theme.

StacyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #30
momeee
Enjoying Wishes from the Pirate and Pals Cruise

Software: Photoshop Elements 6 (so old I know!)
I made up an alpha, some papers and some brush stamps...that's about as close to designing as I get but I'm trying to stretch a bit each time!

Christina, I know I'm a bit ahead of things (I just wanted to do it now while I had the time!) but I've got mine ready to upload so just let me know when and where!

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else creates!

momeee is offline   Reply With Quote