MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Let's talk about Scrapbooking > Traditional scrapbooking
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest

Old 09-14-2010, 08:39 AM   #1
Barbaraann
Learning about energy from Ellen and Bill

Software: Scrapbook Crafter, iScrapbook
Camera: Nikon Coolpix L26
So Who Besides Me Does Not Digi-Scrap?

I have enjoyed this website ever since I first joined. I noticed immediately from day one that almost everyone here digi-scraps. I am definitely in the minority here.

All my scrapbooks have been done with scrapbook papers, scissors, embellishments, and adhesive. I print all my own photos. Now sometimes I do use a program called Collage creator, or my Scrapbook Factory as a way of putting more images on a page. In fact, Collage Creator is probably the one program that I really use the most. I often print out letters, and other items that end up embellishing my pages.

I am 63 years old, so I have a lot of photographs. I have turned a closet in my home into my scrapbook library. In it I keep my photograph albums, and many of the scrapbooks that I have created. I have been scrapping about 5 years now. I started just about the same time I bought a computer, and a digital camera.

I love getting comments on my work. I'd also love to see other members' pages that scrap the way that I do.

So who besides me does not digi-scrap?
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Monorail United States of America Heart Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Contemporary Resort 1 Pop Century Sorcerer\'s Hat Carousel horse Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow

Barbaraann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
PrincessTiff
Having breakfast at Chef Mickey's

I've paper scrapped before but it's been a long time. Supplies were expensive and I never found time for it. I'm having the same problem with digi-scrapping lately. I can't seem to find enough time to get a page done.
Pirate Ears Monorail United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat Earful Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Pirate Dog Cheshire Cat 1 Expedition Everest Pirate Flag Contemporary Resort 1 Heart

PrincessTiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
leslie_537
E Ticket Holder

Software: Phtoshop CS 4
Camera: Nikon D40
I used to but: I took up digi scrapping for one because I can do it anywhere. Just grab my laptop and go. I also hated dragging everything out to scrap. I have space in my office. But with two little ones I have to keep crafty type stuff up!

I don't think I will ever go back to paper scrapping. I enjoy being able to create something on the fly if need be for a page, or shop at midnight. I hated when I ran out of paper or needed something else and couldn't finish my page, it drove me nuts. So since I am such an impulsive person digi-scrapping fits my needs.

I love seeing the paper layouts in the gallery though. It gives me good ideas for Disney pages, since we are somewhat limited in the digi world with Disney Supplies.

You always post such great pages here! Keep on paper scrapping!
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Mouse Ears United States of America Mickey Pumpkin Monorail Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie\'s Bow Teacups Star Tours Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Mickey\'s shorts Skyway Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Pirate Dog It\'s a Small World Thanks for making MouseScrappers a better place Leslie! Carousel horse Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Cheshire Cat 1 Pirate Flag Sorcerer\'s Hat

leslie_537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
DezlovesDisney
Going thru the Disneyland turnstiles

Software: I have not really gotten into Digi-Scrap as of yet.
Camera: Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX5V , and when I dont have it with me I use my Iphone 3G
Even before I joined this site, I always would come here to look for inspiration. I absolutely LOVE this site. I personally have not started to digi-scrap, and the main reason is because I have soooooo much paper, stickers, embellishments etc. and I do not want to give them away! Plus I just love the way the pages turn out, and I really feel that I have accomplished something when the pages are done.! I will hopefully someday soon start to digi-scrap....but until then it's traditional for me!!

I do have to say that everyone here is so talented and I can't wait to come home from work to see what everyone has created day to day!

~Desiree'

DezlovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #5
Barbaraann

It is definitely true that traditional scrapbooking requires a lot of space. I have finally got a great set up in my house, where I can scrap on my desk, and I don't have to clean up after each session if I don't want to.

I actually just spent a great amount of time resorting and reorganizing things, so that I know what I have. I do this from time to time so that I use up what I have, and don't spend needlessly.

I love to scrap, and now I can get back to the 2009 trip to WDW that I have been working on.
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Monorail United States of America Heart Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Contemporary Resort 1 Pop Century Sorcerer\'s Hat Carousel horse Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow

Old 09-15-2010, 08:42 AM   #6
gatechgal
Trying all the props in Toontown

Software: Photoshop Elements 8
I'm another traditional scrapper. I got started into scrapping because I just love the cutting and pasting and fitting everything together. I also worry about being able to share digital pages in the future. Maybe it's all those slides I have from my trip to Europe when I was in high school that I don't have a way to show.
Mouse Ears

gatechgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:43 AM   #7
leslie_537
E Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
I actually just spent a great amount of time resorting and reorganizing things, so that I know what I have. I do this from time to time so that I use up what I have, and don't spend needlessly.
Ahh spend needlessly, that was another problem of mine with paper scrapping. I was addicted to buying paper. I love paper. So if I don't need to go into the shops I don't spend needlessly. I still peek through and pick stuff up though!
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Mouse Ears United States of America Mickey Pumpkin Monorail Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie\'s Bow Teacups Star Tours Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Mickey\'s shorts Skyway Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Pirate Dog It\'s a Small World Thanks for making MouseScrappers a better place Leslie! Carousel horse Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Cheshire Cat 1 Pirate Flag Sorcerer\'s Hat

Old 09-15-2010, 08:45 AM   #8
leslie_537
E Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatechgal View Post
I'm another traditional scrapper. I got started into scrapping because I just love the cutting and pasting and fitting everything together. I also worry about being able to share digital pages in the future. Maybe it's all those slides I have from my trip to Europe when I was in high school that I don't have a way to show.

I get all my pages printed. Some are in albums others are in bound books. What I like about it, is I made my MIL a album for our Christmas trip but only had to make one and printed 2, one for her one for me. Saved soooo much time.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #9
Barbaraann

I guess there is expense involved in whichever way we decide to scrap. We each have to decide how much we can budget for the way that we choose. I'd be interested to know if a past traditional scrapper feels that they save money because they now scrap digitally.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:35 AM   #10
liriel
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE 12
Camera: Pentax k-x
I was a paper scrapper until this past May, so I am new to the transition. I was hesitant to even try it because of the time it would take me to try and learn photoshop. I must say I might never go back. I have spent way less money in the past few months on digital stuff then I ever spent on traditional stuff. I can re-use digital kits over and over again. I haved saved so much just on not buying alphas alone I think. I love that I can re-color stuff to suit my pictures, I can shop late at night from home and it is so easy to re-create a layout I see on-line without necessarily feeling the need to go out and buy the same exact products used the way I did with the paper layouts. I still have a big stash of stuff and I do periodically purge my stash (unwanted items goes to kids school), but I think most of the stuff I have now will be used mostly to make cards and mini album projects which I still do because they can be done quickly and clean up is fast.

I have 3 kids and with my youngest at 19 months...I found it very hard to take time away from my family to isolate myself in my basement craft area (so nothing gets destroyed or to keep unsafe items away from little hands) for the length of time it took me to do a layout. So like Leslie that was a big factor for me switching. Now I can scrap on my laptop in my living room and still interact with my whole family at the same time, then when I need to take a break to tend to the kids, I can just close my laptop...easy peasy.

I am also so glad I found this site by following Natalie here from the DIS boards after seeing her photobooks. I was so inspired by her that I wanted to make a book for my Dad as a christmas present of our trip we took together to Disney World in Jan 2010. It has been his (and mine) dream to go to Disney with his grandkids ever since he took me to Disney World, when I was 15, for one day in Feb 1989. I am so glad that through digi scrapping I have been able to scrap so many pages about our trip in such a short time, and I can't wait to see his face when he opens this book of our dream vacation for christmas.

Sorry for the long post....Barbaraann you just inspired me to write this all out with your question. I am not someone who talks or writes a lot...so thank you.
Mouse Ears Jungle Cruise Sorcerer\'s Hat Star Tours Magical Express Captain EO Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Monorail United States of America Mickeys shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for all your help with MouseScrappers Julie! Mickey\'s shorts Contemporary Resort 1 Carousel horse Earful Tower Carol helped me book my vacation! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Stormtrooper Ive met another MouseScrapper

liriel is offline   Reply With Quote