MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Let's talk about Scrapbooking > Traditional scrapbooking
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest

Old 05-31-2011, 12:01 PM   #11
jeniferdwn
Uh oh , I just looked into the eyes of Mara

Software: I haven't tried digi scapping yet.
Camera: Nikon D3000, and Canon 100sx IS
scrappinnewbie -- glad you could join me in a good laugh! I'm sure we're not the only ones!!

I never lie about what I spend, i just don't tell info unless I'm asked. For exacmple......if I buy an outfit when I know I shouldn't spend the money, the way to handle this situation is this....you rush home, put it in the closet and pull it out when you're ready to wear it. When dh asks, you simply say, Oh, it was in the closet. Luckily, he won't think to ask how long it's been in the closet. Same with scrapbook supplies. You rush home and put them away so it "appears" as though it's been there for awhile. If he asks, I will tell him exactly what I spend. He really can't say too much since he just bought another Harley and is in the process of fixing it up! I really should clarify that he has never said a word about how much I spend or what I buy. I would just like to keep it that way!!!

Dh Me DD(9) Ds(4) Lucky Chia
Rascal RIP -- Little Pup
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Ears Pirate Dog Pirate Flag Christmas Tree Mickey Pumpkin Magical Express Cheshire Cat 1

jeniferdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #12
Disney Baby

Software: Storybook Creator Plus 3.0 and 4.0
Camera: Sony Alpha 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeniferdwn View Post
scrappinnewbie -- glad you could join me in a good laugh! I'm sure we're not the only ones!!

I never lie about what I spend, i just don't tell info unless I'm asked. For exacmple......if I buy an outfit when I know I shouldn't spend the money, the way to handle this situation is this....you rush home, put it in the closet and pull it out when you're ready to wear it. When dh asks, you simply say, Oh, it was in the closet. Luckily, he won't think to ask how long it's been in the closet. Same with scrapbook supplies. You rush home and put them away so it "appears" as though it's been there for awhile. If he asks, I will tell him exactly what I spend. He really can't say too much since he just bought another Harley and is in the process of fixing it up! I really should clarify that he has never said a word about how much I spend or what I buy. I would just like to keep it that way!!!
When my DH and I were newly married (before children), I had an obsession with black suits! I would buy them and put them in clear dry cleaning bags and carry them into our apartment. One day my DH said, "It's really interesting that dry cleaners can now reattach the original purchase tags to your suits." - BUSTED!!

With that being said, I only do digital now but I was a paper scrapper for a long time. I have over 30 CM albums that are completely full. I also have an overabundance of supplies and tools that come in handy for Girl Scouts and my children's school projects.

Just recently, I realized how much I missed paper scrapping when I helped my oldest DD do a tri-fold board for Colonial Day. It turned out looking like a humungous scrapbook page! I had so much fun mounted the photos on paper before mounting them on the board and adding all of the embellishments and borders.

I wish that I had the room to do the traditional again. With 4 children under 9 - it is really tough to find the space. I have just been spoiled by the convenience of sitting on couch with my laptop.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Thanks for exceptional help with challenges Jennifer! Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey\'s glove Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Teacups Minnie Bride Skyway It\'s a Small World Earful Tower Mickey Pumpkin Carousel horse Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Pop Century

Disney Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #13
Jmee
Just parked the car

Hi! Brand Newbie here with my first post...drawn to this thread because I too am a "traditional paper" scrapbooker, and was wondering if there's a way to share those layouts here. I'm just starting to learn to do some digi, very new and only 2-3 layouts which are non-disney. I have done quite a few books of Disney though that I would love to share, the problem is they are mostly 12x12 and won't fit on my scanner and I'm not usually satisfied with photos of my layouts. Any suggestions? Any tips for a rookie?
I will NOT be giving up my paper scrapping and cardmaking as I too love the hands on process too much, but would like to try my hand at something new as well, so I'm trying to teach myself photo elements.
Thanks for letting me ramble, and for letting me join this amazing group!!

Jmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #14
sparklehal
E Ticket Holder

Software: GIMP,
Camera: Fujifilm
Send a message via Yahoo to sparklehal
Our paper scrappers here usually just take a digital picture and upload it to the gallery. Unless you do 6x6 or 8x8 it would be hard to scan. Welcome to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmee View Post
Hi! Brand Newbie here with my first post...drawn to this thread because I too am a "traditional paper" scrapbooker, and was wondering if there's a way to share those layouts here. I'm just starting to learn to do some digi, very new and only 2-3 layouts which are non-disney. I have done quite a few books of Disney though that I would love to share, the problem is they are mostly 12x12 and won't fit on my scanner and I'm not usually satisfied with photos of my layouts. Any suggestions? Any tips for a rookie?
I will NOT be giving up my paper scrapping and cardmaking as I too love the hands on process too much, but would like to try my hand at something new as well, so I'm trying to teach myself photo elements.
Thanks for letting me ramble, and for letting me join this amazing group!!
Pirate Ears United States of America Minnie\'s Bow Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Shoe Magical Express Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Teacups It\'s a Small World Carousel horse Mickey\'s shorts Sorcerer\'s Hat Expedition Everest Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place April! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Cheshire Cat 1 Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Pirate Dog Mickey Pumpkin Eiffel Tower Monorail Peru Ive met another MouseScrapper United Kingdom Canada

sparklehal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #15
4Boys&aGeek
Just parked the car

Glad to know there is a mix of us here.
I'm new to the forum and to digi scrapping...actually only decided to dabble in it after finding this site and a particular template
this one...http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5570
I'm looking forward to a mix of both paper/traditional and digi scrapbooking!

4Boys&aGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #16
JudyB
Stopping to get photos of floral Mickey

Camera: Nikon D5000
You're not the only one. I don't do any digital lo's. Nothing against digi, it is just not for me. The closest I come to digital is editing my photos. My husband is computer guy, and he has suggested digital to me many times, but I just can't give up my good old fashion scrapbooking. It took me forever to give up my film camera. LOL! I am a crafter, so I just enjoy physically making stuff. Paper and glue make me happy.

I love looking at everyone's digital lo's. I have found so many great ideas here. I think the end result is the same for all of us....preserving memories and having fun doing it.

JudyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #17
JudyB
Stopping to get photos of floral Mickey

Camera: Nikon D5000
Quote:
Hi! Brand Newbie here with my first post...drawn to this thread because I too am a "traditional paper" scrapbooker, and was wondering if there's a way to share those layouts here.
I don't like the way they look when I scan them, so take pictures of mine and them up load them to my computer. I like them best when I take my LO's outside in the natural light to photograph them. (not in the direct light though). Then I will try to crop all of the back ground junk out before saving them.

JudyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:45 PM   #18
Jmee
Just parked the car

Thanks for the tips! Especially about the natural light...that might help my photos. I used to do layouts for CM's page design committee and had to send in the originals, so I would photograph them to document what I had done, but I was never happy with the quality of the photos. I am better with Elements now, though, so perhaps I can improve on the quality.

I do have 4 books worth of layouts from out last "big trip" in 2008, are people interested in seeing older layouts, or only new stuff? We don't have a trip planned anytime soon, so I'm afraid unless I rescrap old stuff (seems kinda silly when I am ages behind) I have nothing to share. I am excited to see what everyone else is doing though, and glad to hear that a mix of digi and traditional folks are here!

Jmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:59 AM   #19
cassidyk
Taking the Studio Backlot Tour

Software: SBC+ 3.0
Quote:
Thanks for the tips! Especially about the natural light...that might help my photos. I used to do layouts for CM's page design committee and had to send in the originals, so I would photograph them to document what I had done, but I was never happy with the quality of the photos. I am better with Elements now, though, so perhaps I can improve on the quality.

I do have 4 books worth of layouts from out last "big trip" in 2008, are people interested in seeing older layouts, or only new stuff? We don't have a trip planned anytime soon, so I'm afraid unless I rescrap old stuff (seems kinda silly when I am ages behind) I have nothing to share. I am excited to see what everyone else is doing though, and glad to hear that a mix of digi and traditional folks are here!
I think I speak for most everyone when I say that we love anything Disney---new or old it doesn't matter at all! So if you are willing to share your older trip pages feel free. In fact, older pictures can sometimes be even more fun as it shows how things change and evolve within the parks (just my opinion) And as a previous poster mentioned seeing other's layouts is a great source of inspiration regardless of whether it is traditional or digital.
It\'s a Small World United States of America Mouse Ears Carousel horse Angel Limited Edition Amazon pin #6 Jungle Cruise Boardwalk 1 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail Magical Express I love DCL! Skyway Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Kathryn! 2011 Special Edition pin #7 Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Great Britain Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey\'s shorts Captain EO Teacups Mickey\'s glove Mickeys shoe Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Dog Rocket Jets Beast

cassidyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:05 AM   #20
jeniferdwn
Uh oh , I just looked into the eyes of Mara

Software: I haven't tried digi scapping yet.
Camera: Nikon D3000, and Canon 100sx IS
Quote:

The way I see it is we won't know if the pics are old unless it's got something in the background that is now gone. I love looking at pictures and layouts no matter how old they are.

Dh Me DD(9) Ds(4) Lucky Chia
Rascal RIP -- Little Pup
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Ears Pirate Dog Pirate Flag Christmas Tree Mickey Pumpkin Magical Express Cheshire Cat 1

jeniferdwn is offline   Reply With Quote