MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Speed Scraps > Previous Marathons > 2015 SPEED SCRAP MARATHON
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 03-27-2015, 06:40 AM   #21
scraptraci
Admiring the nostalgic touches on Buena Vista Avenue

Software: pse
Camera: panasonic lumix, cannon rebel
I'm proud of the fact I participated. I had only done digital layout as part of classes before this. I really learned how to make clusters and have mastered the art of clipping to change colors of objects to match the kits I was using. I had to go get a quick refresher of this during the ss but I'm glad I did

I am also glad I went back and finished all the layouts even though 2 were afternoon on Monday this marathon challenged me and I'm glad I did it both because it is really some of the first Disney layouts I have done of our more than dozen trips and bc everyone was so nice and welcoming

My 2fav Los would be.

Bc I really liked how the colors worked and I'm proud of my clusters and recoloring the banner

The second is this Olaf layout. I liked finding a way to use a frozen kit as I have a 10yo son who is anti frozen just bc of the hype and attn it gets. I also liked the layering I did and creating my own ribbons with the template

Thanks for all your hard work in organizing and designing
Baymax Sven Perry Test Track

Last edited by scraptraci; 03-27-2015 at 09:15 PM.

scraptraci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2015, 08:46 AM   #22
*melidy*
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Cannon
I'm proud that I finished! I didn't think I would this year, I was 5 layouts behind at one point but I did it!!

I think my favourite layout is this one, it's strange because it was the last page I completed and I had no idea what to do when I first read read the instructions... But after reading the instructions a second time I managed find pictures, pick a template and put the page together in under 20 minutes (record time for me haha - it usually takes longer than that just to pick a template) and what's more, I actually love how it turned out! One of my favourites to date!

I link to MouseScrappers! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Sorcerer\'s Hat Earful Tower Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Teacups Carousel horse It\'s a Small World Cheshire Cat 1 Jungle Cruise Pirate Flag Pirate Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Dog Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Captain EO Star Tours Monorail Minnie Bride United Kingdom France United States of America

*melidy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:11 PM   #23
disfamily07
Going thru the turnstiles of California Adventure

Software: Photoshop elements
Camera: Canon Rebel xs
I am proud of myself for completing 6 pages over the marathon weekend. It's not nearly as many as others but I have been in a funk with scrapping lately and it helped me get back in my groove!

My first page I'm proud of is this safari page, because I usually have a hard time with animal kingdom pages

The next two are my favorites from the weekend because i love how they turned out and that I finally started my Vero Beach book!

Only Counting trips since being married:
Honeymoon May 2007 -Shades Of Green, October 2007- Hilton Head Island October 2008-off property, DLP May 2010- Sequoia Lodge, Son's 1st trip: October 2010-Old Key West May 2012-Vero Beach November 2013- Old Key West and Saratoga Springs May 2015-Boardwalk and Bay Lake Towers
United States of America Boardwalk 1 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Disney Vacation Club Member United Kingdom

disfamily07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:27 PM   #24
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder

Software: Artisan 5
Camera: Nikon D3300, Olympus TG-3, Sony, and my phone - Samsung S10
I am proud of myself because I never fell behind (after finally getting the first one done Friday night) and it never took me over an hour to complete any of my pages! AND I love them all!! (usually there's a few I want to re-do). this time the only changes I'll make will be the journaling and adding any pertinent signature cards after the fact (not enough time to do)

here are 2 of my favorites from last weekend (was it really a week ago?!) haha

I just love how this one came together. When I started the challenge I thought I'd be doing something similar to my large M for Mike W. last year, but it didn't turn out that way and I was glad!

This one was about a year in the making - I could never quite get the get up and go to finish this page. I had done the "other" side a couple months ago and knew this one needed to get done, and even in that short timeframe, I love it (this was also the only lo that I was ever behind in completing last weekend. haha go figure)
Contemporary Resort 1 Pirate Ears Star Tours D23 Member Monorail Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 2 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Expedition Everest I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Christmas Tree Turkey Anna Carol helped me book my vacation! Elsa Olaf Sven Ive met another MouseScrapper Teacups Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove

tinkerbell1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:21 PM   #25
sewfun06
Randomly selected to dine in Club 33!

Software: SBC 4
Camera: Canon T3i
Brag

I am proud of myself because I completed a ton of pages toward my goal...to finish our June 2013 longest-trip album before our next trip in a few weeks. And I'm now 2 pages away!

I love how this page turned out:

I love this 2-page layout; I wasn't sure how I was going to pull off all those photos on 2 pages, but the project life format in a few of the scrap instructions really helped and I love how they turned out!

sewfun06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:54 PM   #26
Hpgirl
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop Elements 10
Camera: Canon Rebel T3i
This is my favorite game - I just love reading what people have to say about their own scrapping. I am proud of myself for making an effort to take part in the chats this year too, in addition to the scrapping. It's nice to be more involved in the community part of things.

As for favorite layouts I did, I really like my Snow White one because I have thousands of photos of this parade and dozens of Snow (she has a special place in my home), and they just sit around on my computer doing nothing, so I'm glad that I finally did somthing with some (even if they are new ones).

I'm also really proud of this page for two reasons: 1) I normally don't like scrapping off-template, as my composition skills are pretty stagnant, so to make one that felt fresh to me was nice as well as 2) I didn't really stick to my original game plan of working on family visits, so to be able to check off one on a to-do list was nice.

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie\'s Bow Teacups I link to MouseScrappers! Cheshire Cat 1 Carousel horse Minnie\'s Shoe Earful Tower Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Contemporary Resort 2 Pirate Dog Captain EO United States of America Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Mickey Pumpkin Italy Monorail Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Toy Story Boo Pirate 2 Sorcerers Hat Italy Green bear Ive met another MouseScrapper

Hpgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:22 PM   #27
sthompsonfoto
Going thru the EPCOT turnstiles

I was super happy to be able to complete all the pages this year, I was at a convention all day Friday and Saturday and had to stay up late Fri night and scrap in the car on the way home Sat to keep up! While I dont think it was some of my most creative overall scrapping, I was very pleased with my blocking/project life layouts, I am horrile at that! But I thought they all turned out nice this time.
This was one of my faves

I also liked this page and the way it turned out, I spent a lot of time picking out the papers and it was kinda an accident when this was the one that I opened but I really like how it turned out.

sthompsonfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:46 AM   #28
Jojo
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon EOS 550D
I hadn't done a page in almost a year or so, so this marathon was more like a test to see if I could still get a page done. And because of a very busy life, I was already happy is I did a single page, well I did 12 in the end, so really proud of that too.

Layout wise I love how these came together:

For SS #179:
I first had made the page with only the character meet pictures, and something didn't felt right. Last year I made an effort to have a Belle disneybound on my birthday, and we took some fun shots with the caste, so I needed to include one of those to complete the birthday story I wanted to tell. By blending it with a patterned paper (something I don't do often) it turned into this nice princess/girly feel I had in mind.

SS # 181
I almost never scrap without a template! It makes me feel lost, and so hard to have a nice balanced page. And my paper layering never seems to work without a template. But for this challenge I couldn't find a template that fitted the vision I had in mind for a page. So after a lot of trying I decided to go without a template and with the motto: esthetics aren't that important, finishing a page is. But when I look at the page now it's finished, I am really proud of it! It feels balanced, and With the composition I can see other pages come together too! So finally a template-less page that satisfied me!

Disneyland Paris Dream Annual Passholder
First DLR Anaheim visit: 13 - 20 August 2015!
First cruise: 7 nights - Magic (Mediteranian Europe) Departure 10 september!
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

Jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:14 PM   #29
Disneysheryl65
Taking the bus to Downtown Disney

Software: SBC4/Artisan
Camera: Cannon Power Shot XS20IS
I really went out of my comfort zone doing a black and white layout, but I really love the way it turned out!

This is also one of my favorites because I think I finally feel comfortable with making clusters and enjoy creating them!

Disneysheryl65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:58 AM   #30
bellbird
I'm Soarin' over California

Software: PhotoshopCS6
Camera: Canon 7D
i am proud of the monochrome challenge LO i made because i really had no idea how to scrap these without being really themey or without a pocket page full of photos - i'm glad i got to have a big-ish photo in there that shows the stage area which is what i kind of loved most about this attraction - i have lightning mcqueen pics from the same show on another page so it doesn't really feel like it's missing close-ups to me now

and this is the other one i'm most proud of because i again was stumped by these shots and i'm just so pleased with how it turned out - i feel like the photos tell enough of the story (and i really love the top R shot with my husband coloured by the light coming in thru the stained glass, looking down at DS)

overall, i'm quite pleased i managed 6 pages in a wkend when i was doing other things too

Cali Disneyland 2004; DLP 2013; HK DL 2015!
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Eiffel Tower It\'s a Small World Hong Kong

bellbird is offline   Reply With Quote