MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Design Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 09-08-2014, 05:30 PM   #11
MJAJmom
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE 7.0
The summer was very hectic for me, but now I've got some time to get back into the challenges. Love the fun color scheme. I'll do a mini kit with Pooh Bear. And I'll have a freebie for the blog train.
Pirate Ears Minnie\'s Bow Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Pirate Flag Teacups Monorail Carol helped me book my vacation! Magical Express Star Tours Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Rocket Jets United States of America Mickey Pumpkin

MJAJmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #12
monstermama
Watching fireworks burst over Sleeping Beauty's Castle

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: iPhone & Nikon DF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer View Post
I would like to know what those tutorials are!
Ok, let me list a few of my favorites - I started typing this out and it was getting TOO long!

Usually I brainstorm what I want (plaid paper! dino footprints! bottlecap element!) and then I google for it, like "plaid photoshop tutorial".

My favorite Photoshop "trick" is using the offset filter to make repeating patterns - here's a tutorial for that: http://www.photoshopessentials.com/b...custom-shapes/

General all-around site - Pixelscrapper - Pretty sure you have to register. You can earn free daily download credits that you can then use towards CU items, plus they have a ton of tutorials (using the shape tool, making striped/plaid papers, how to align objects, etc). I'm currently trialing a designer basics class with Marisa. Here's a link to the different types of papers I've made based on the tutorials there.

Hummie's World - Designer intro class. I haven't made my way through all of this yet!

I'm certainly no expert, but I'm happy to help if anyone needs help
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Dog Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Star Tours Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Rocket Jets Mouse Ears Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Disney Vacation Club Member

monstermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:11 PM   #13
monstermama
Watching fireworks burst over Sleeping Beauty's Castle

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: iPhone & Nikon DF
Oh, oh.. Figment! I'll do a Figment minikit Now to dig out my old Journey Into Imagination photos...
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Dog Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Star Tours Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Rocket Jets Mouse Ears Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Disney Vacation Club Member

monstermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #14
shahar29
Randomly selected to dine in Club 33!

Software: Photoshop
Camera: Canon EOS Rebel
Looks like Mulan has already been taken - so not sure yet what I will do, but I can't wait - I do truly love these challenges!

shahar29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #15
shahar29
Randomly selected to dine in Club 33!

Software: Photoshop
Camera: Canon EOS Rebel
Ok, I'm thinking Rapunzel in a mini-kit

shahar29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:53 AM   #16
bonham0731
Window shopping along Hollywood Blvd

I would love to take the second template spot if no one else has claimed it yet.

C Ticket

bonham0731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:20 PM   #17
ewebwoman
Going through the turnstiles of the Magic Kingdom

Software: Photoshop CS6, Storybook Creator
Camera: Canon 5DMIII, 7D, 5D
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermama View Post
So glad it's another two month challenge! I'll do a minikit. Hmm, have no idea where I'm going with this yet. I was thinking princess-y, but I think Murmer's already doing that. Have to think some more...

Debbie - are you looking for maybe a beginner's designer course? I've got a couple of tutorials I really like that I can send your way, if that's what you're interested in.
I'll take anything. I took the Design Star class over at Scrapaneers but I couldn't finish cause of work committments so I am hoping I can get a mini kit done. We will see. Thanks for your help.

Minnie\'s Shoe Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Fantasmic Goofys Hat I love DCL! Teacups Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Mickey\'s glove Monorail Pirate Ears Rocket Jets WDW logo Cheshire Cat 1 Jiminy Cricket Anna Elsa Skyway Baymax Carousel horse D23 Member Olaf Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Sven I link to MouseScrappers!

ewebwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #18
frogfish
Taking the Monorail to EPCOT

Software: Photoshop CS4
Camera: Lumix
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaz515 View Post
I have a question about adding elements of neutral colors, and was wondering if it is ok to add some green foliage?
I think it's time to add green to our list of neutral colors... let's make it so you can use green even if it isn't included in the color swatch ONLY for accent foliage (leaves, stems, etc.). I don't want the green to get out of control if it isn't part of the swatch, but I do think flowers need leaves and when green isn't a swatch color that becomes rather difficult.

Please let me know if you have questions

frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:19 PM   #19
frogfish
Taking the Monorail to EPCOT

Software: Photoshop CS4
Camera: Lumix
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonham0731 View Post
I would love to take the second template spot if no one else has claimed it yet.
You've got it! I'll put you down for the last template spot. Thank you!

frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #20
Cindyrelly
Stopping for lunch at the Blue Bayou

Software: PhotoShop
Camera: Nikon 3100
Oooh, I do LOVE the Crystal Palace! I think it has always been my favorite place to eat in MK and we usually always go there if we can. The palette is nice and BRIGHT!! Love it too!! I am just going to have to see where this palette takes me.... Yipppeeeee
I link to MouseScrappers! Ive met another MouseScrapper

Cindyrelly is offline   Reply With Quote