MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Speed Scraps
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #11
Hpgirl
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop Elements 10
Camera: Canon Rebel T3i
I think this my favorite out of all the post speed scrap games - I love reading what other people have to say about their own pages I'm proud of myself for finishing the marathon! I also finished my Halloween 2011 album, so I'm super excited about that and now have to go about the business of ordering it. Normally, my last few album pages are either the pictures that I have no idea what to do with or are so special that I can't touch them for fear of not doing them justice - with both sets this weekend, I found that I really love all of my pages, possibly more so than the rest of the ones in my book!

As for specific layouts, I'm really proud of this first one, Frollo. Hunchback is one of my favorite movies, and I was worried that I wouldn't have the supplies to do him justice. I ended up having more Frollo specific elements than any of the other villains, and this is definitely my favorite villain page from the weekend.

My Winnie the Pooh one was one of the pages that had so much going on in the pictures, I had no idea what to do with it (It's all four! Plus their costumes! Plus nighttime backgrounds!). Photopass saved me on this one, as the instructions wanted four pics and I only had two with us. I think I'll be working in more of the Disney stock photos into my pages - I really think they added a lot.

And just one last one - Rapunzel and Flynn. This was a set of the "too special to touch" pictures, and I really love how running a Pioneer Woman action on the photos softened them up enough to work with.

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie\'s Bow Teacups I link to MouseScrappers! Cheshire Cat 1 Carousel horse Minnie\'s Shoe Earful Tower Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Contemporary Resort 2 Pirate Dog Captain EO United States of America Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Mickey Pumpkin Italy Monorail Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Toy Story Boo Pirate 2 Sorcerers Hat Italy Green bear Ive met another MouseScrapper

Hpgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #12
mouselvrmom
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE 10
Camera: Canon 60D
I'm pleased with myself because I generally use the speed scrap marathons to scrap older trips that I am missing a few pages here or there that I have avoided doing so far. I may need a corresponding page or there may be photos that I didn't want to do because they weren't fun or the greatest, or they may include a picture of me that I don't love. The marathon is a great time to just focus on them. I am pleased that I got some older pages that I needed done and I don't hate them!

Here's a few faves.

Thanks for this fun game, Melinda!
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Disney Vacation Club Member Magical Express Boardwalk 1 Carousel horse I link to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 1 Cheshire Cat 1 Eiffel Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Rocket Jets Pirate Flag Expedition Everest Monorail It\'s a Small World United Kingdom United States of America Star Tours Viking Ship Pirate Ears Norway Pirate Dog Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Cutester Bee Haunted Mansion Girlie Plane Crazy Kaa

mouselvrmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #13
meagan43
Enjoying an Illuminations dessert party

Software: Creative Memories Storybook Creator
Camera: Nikon D3000, Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS, whatever else I can find to use :)
You know you are an addict . . .when instead of taking a break from your computer after a weekend being attached to you, you instead log back on first thing to see what games you can do? hehe

I am proud of myself (and thankful to Michelle) for learning how to selectively color my pictures to do this LO for #133:

and for making a LO just for me (thanks to Maireke): I probably would have never scrapped these pictures:

my blog:
http://meaganshowto.blogspot.com/
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

meagan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #14
northernmemories
In Town Square, envisioning Walt giving his speech

Software: PSE
Camera: Cannon EOS Rebel T3
I am proud of myself for 3 things this weekend.
1. I completed all the challenges and am closer to getting some albums done
2. I completed all but 2 doing traditional layouts (paper scrapping)
3. I made 2 digital pages which is 2 more then I have ever made in my life. I am slow and clumsy and have no idea what I am doing but I had a great time doing it and here they are.

and on this one I did the black and white tecnique I have wanted to learn for ever and used the prize I won from one of the speed scraps!

Thank you all so much for the great weekend!
Mouse Ears

northernmemories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #15
Mlmsizemore
Trying all the props in Toontown

Software: PSE 15
I am proud of myself for completing this marathon--all 16 layouts! I have learned so much about clustering, shadowing, and coloring photos! Better yet, I have been introduced to new kits and new designers! Yippee!!

This is my fav layout from this weekend!

Last edited by Carolc; 01-21-2013 at 10:13 AM. Reason: added larger linked image

Mlmsizemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #16
Jojo
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon EOS 550D
First, I'm glad I completed the marathon this year! It was pretty hard because I had an examination Saturday morning and needed to work Sunday before noon. And the time difference didn't helped either But I managed to get it done!

When I posted my lay outs in my folder with my other marathon pages from last year, I was stunned by a few of this years marathon! I really like how my scrapping style has evolved in the past year! Some pages I made, remind me of Pages from Sarah and Fiona, and I'll admit that those 2 girls influence me a lot when it comes to scrapping style.

Here are my 5 favorite pages from the whole marathon:

The kit and the photo's work so well together! It's a page that's ready for a book! Only need to make the page with the main courses to go next to it

This one is the one where the evolution of style is the most recognisable in my eyes! I never thought I could make such gorgeous page!! I'll definately use this one in my book about the trip where the photo's came from! That means only translating the journaling again

It was fun digging after pictures where I was in. I'm mostly behind the camera, and posed pictures aren't good for me... I always look bad on those. But these were great!

I really hated that I neaded to tweak the template really hard to get the full page photo in. I overlooked that instruction when I picked out my template. But when the page was finished, I LOVED how it turned out! It shows the gorgeous buffet, in a wonderful way. Also one for the book of that trip

I also have a hard time scrapping It's a Small World photo's, so I wasn't very happy to start on this one, but it went really well this time. It was good to just pick those 3 photo's and that I held back to not get in all the photo's from the ride. I really hate when it get too crowded on the page, but this is just perfect for me

Disneyland Paris Dream Annual Passholder
First DLR Anaheim visit: 13 - 20 August 2015!
First cruise: 7 nights - Magic (Mediteranian Europe) Departure 10 september!
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

Jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #17
luv2scrapmm
E Ticket Holder

Software: Craft Artist
Camera: Canon Powershot SX10IS & learning to use my new Nikon D3100
I'm proud of myself because I completed the entire marathon after not scrapping for almost a year!! It was so much fun!

I really love the way this layout turned out. This was from our 25th anniversary cruise and we splurged on a navigator's verandah. To be able to get up sooo early in the morning to watch as we sailed into NY harbor was amazing.

This one makes me smile because of the story I recorded. That my family loves me enough to stand in line for the princesses (after we missed Rapunzel the last trip - the only thing I had really wanted to do) makes me feel so blessed. Of the 3 princesses, Rapunzel made our 25th anniversary celebration even more magical with her enthusiasm.
Pirate Ears Speed Scrapper! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Haunted Mansion Sorcerers Hat Panda Beast Redfan R2-D2 Boo Toy Story Alien Gingerbread Italy Pigglet 1 Great Britain Morocco Big Eyes Goofy Mickey Bar Pooh Big Eyes Mike Wazowski Norway Cutester Minnie Kermit 1 France Test Track Pumpkin Mickey Germany

luv2scrapmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #18
teethdr
Stopping to get photos of Spaceship Earth

Software: Creative Memories
Camera: Sony
Most Proud of myself....

This was my last LO that I did for the SS marathon in order to get 8 LO done ! I'm the most proud of this LO for several reasons:

[IMG][/IMG]

1) I'm in the photo! It is VERY rare that I am in photos as I am usually the one taking the pictures!
2) I LOVE this picture. My husband and I usually very affectionate with one another, but outside of our wedding photos (17 years ago....), we don't have many of us together, much less one of us kissing!
3) I played around with layering and opaque-ing on this LO, something that I don't do very often, and I really liked the effect that I achieved. There are actually 5 different background papers in various positions and opacities.
4) I actually used PINK! If you knew me, then you would realize that PINK is NOT one of my favorite colors...but it is growing on me! (Thanks to 2 daughters!!) LOL

I guess that is all... thanks for the opportunity to "brag" on ourselves!! I think we all need to do this every once in a while!!

Smiles!!

Stacy

Signature using NPD "Jolly Holiday" Kit

Cheshire Cat 1 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat

teethdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #19
*melidy*
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Cannon
I'm most proud of myself for getting the whole marathon done depite being on a weekend break and being in a different time zone, I was doing touristy things during the day and scrapping by night, I got hardly any sleep but now it was worth it since I finished all 16 pages!!

As for which layouts I'm most proud of:

I was so suprised at myself with this one because I didn't rely on a template for once and it WASN'T even a requirement! Hah!

I was so pleased with how this one turned out, the requirement was to use flowers and foliage, which I rarely do, I always use embelishments that stick to a theme, so I was strugling to think of what to do so I made little clusters with teacups to keep the focus on the theme still. I think it is way cuter than it would have been had I scrapped them off my own back! (I had to use flowers for several layouts and ended up loving all of them too, maybe I don't dislike them as much as I thought haha!)

And I'm most proud of the fact that I like all the layouts I craeted for once - even the ones I rushed! Now I'm off to leave love on all your proud creations and thank all the wonderful designers and organisers that make me PROUD to be a part of this community!
I link to MouseScrappers! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Sorcerer\'s Hat Earful Tower Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Teacups Carousel horse It\'s a Small World Cheshire Cat 1 Jungle Cruise Pirate Flag Pirate Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Dog Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Captain EO Star Tours Monorail Minnie Bride United Kingdom France United States of America

*melidy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #20
roxana
Checking out, and taking Magical Express back to MCO

Software: CS5
Camera: Canon
Im proud of me because I almost finished my 2011 trip, just one more page to go (from 300) and it will be over and then to printing!!!! I wasn't even sure if I would be able to complete the whole marathon because of unexpected family affairs but I did it and on time for the PPs and the gold. Im really so glad about my books and that my family will be able to see the pics after almost 2 years!!!

I think this is my favorite page:

Thanks for all you did Melinda!!!

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

roxana is offline   Reply With Quote