MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Photo Scavenger Hunt Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Old 10-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
liriel
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE 12
Camera: Pentax k-x
Photo Scavenger Hunt Challenge #1

I am hosting my first challenge ever! I got the go ahead from Carol to start a new challenge, and depending on what kind of turnout we get, it will determine if we will continue with it. With my upcoming trip to WDW, I thought it would be fun to have a photo scavenger hunt, since a lot of other mousescrappers will be there too. It can be a way to capture some interesting photos that you may never have thought of before, or details you might never have noticed. It also might help you to improve your photography skills.

So let's get started

The Challenge Rules:

1. I will be posting a list of photos to capture... you must gather at least 18 photos of the items listed in the photo hunt. (not 18 photos of the same type of item)
2. You should be able to do this at WDW or DL or maybe even any of the international parks (this can be over several days in any Disney park, or even on a cruise/parks trip, just as long as its within the time frame listed)
3. You must be visiting WDW or DL between today and Dec. 19th 2010. (again also any of the international parks)
4. I want photos from this visit, please be honest here, and find some way of proving this (photo of the park map you recieved the time frame you go or scan your ticket, for example).
5. You must use your own photos, not someone else's, unless its a photopass photo or taken by someone you have met up with (ie. group photos with other mousescrappers)
6. Then when you get home post a 2-page layout of your photos in this thread, I am firm on this it must be a 2-pager.
7. Label some of the photos or have a guide numbering and listing the photos. I need to be able to easily check off that you have gotten at least 18 of the items listed.

You should post your LO in the Photo Scavenger Hunt Gallery.

Post your LO back in this thread, with a link to the LO in the gallery or forum.

Please be sure to leave some comments for your fellow challenge participants in the gallery.

You must post a layout by midnight Dec. 20th 2010

Do all of this and you will get an awesome super sized participation prize. Natalie has generously donated 3 prizes for this challenge, and I have created 3 prizes as well.See the bottom of the post for the prize reveal!

If we get enough interest in this challenge, we can make it a continous challenge every couple of months, perhaps with hosts who will be going to WDW in future trips.

Ok so here is the scavenger hunt list:

1. I love popcorn, so take a photo of at least one popcorn cart guy (I know they have them in DL, not sure if WDW has them, if not just a popcorn cart at WDW).

2. In honor of our upcoming Oct. WDW meet, a picture of you and at least one other mousescrapper.

3. A picture of something iconic in each park that makes you think of it other than the main icon (so no Castle, Tree, Golf Ball or Hat), try to be creative. At DL you can use DL and CA as your different parks or each themed land in DL. (counts as up to 4 photos)

4. I love Tinkerbell, so take a picture of some kind of Tink, other than the character at the meet and greet.

5. In honor of Britt’s pregnancy, take a picture of some kind of baby in Disney (not a real baby), think baby Simba magic shot or some other creative thing, merchandise, animal etc…

6. I love x-mas decorations so take a pic of a Christmas ornament.

7. I want to see you and your favorite character.

8. A Halloween decoration or skeleton.

9. A cast member who shares your name, or hometown, or home state.

10. A hidden mickey in the parks.

11. Find a Survey marker. Find a link to them here: http://www.wintertime.com/OH/GC/Disney/disneymarks.html (hint: there is one in Epcot on the sidewalk between The living seas, and the land pavilions right in front of a flower planter).

12. A topiary.

13. A hidden mickey at a resort.

14. A photo of you and your favorite treat or dessert that you get every trip (or will if this was your first trip), not a full meal.

15. I love tea, so show me a photo of a teapot or tea cup (yes a fancy one not just a plain teacup in a restaurant) try to be creative.

16. A fountain (try to find an out of the way one if you can).

17. Your perspective on a ride (try to make it interesting or funny) (your view, not a picture of you on the ride.

18. A photo of a Disney Oops or something behind the scenes (for ex. in our last trip the block party bash parade got stalled by a traffic cone that broke down and I got photos of it being attached to another cone to be towed).

19. I love parades, so take some kind of parade photo.

20. I love boat rides, so take a photo of a boat of any kind (not necessarily a friendship boat), be creative.

21. Pin trading is a new obsession for my family, get some kind of pin or pin trading photo.

22. Photo of some kind of map at the parks.

23. I love food photos, so take a picture of your meal.

24. I am a biologist, so take a photo of some kind of plant or animal.

25. I love fireworks, so take a fireworks photo for me.

There are a total of 29 shots here (#3 has up to 4) you only need to gather 18 of them. Have fun with it! Can't wait to see your layouts.

PP:

Mouse Ears Jungle Cruise Sorcerer\'s Hat Star Tours Magical Express Captain EO Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Monorail United States of America Mickeys shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for all your help with MouseScrappers Julie! Mickey\'s shorts Contemporary Resort 1 Carousel horse Earful Tower Carol helped me book my vacation! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Stormtrooper Ive met another MouseScrapper

Last edited by liriel; 10-12-2010 at 02:28 PM.

liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Sounds like fun, Julie... I think many of us have heard of photo scavenger hunts, it's nice to have one of our own, and to also go to the next level and scrap it.... what a perfect (unique) challenge for MouseScrappers. Great idea!

Thanks so much!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
tiggernjen
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE10
Camera: Nikon D40
This sounds like a fun challenge...I wish I was going to WDW for the meet & greet...I hope you get a lot of people to play...Because I would like to do this on our trip to WDW this summer...
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Disney Vacation Club Member I link to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Bow Monorail Mouse Ears Boardwalk 1 Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey\'s glove Earful Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Pirate Dog D23 Member Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 1 Limited Edition Amazon pin #1 I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Lyn! Big Eyes Donald Mickey Parts Ive met another MouseScrapper Carol helped me book my vacation!

tiggernjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #4
amyjo76
Relaxing on the TTA PeopleMover

Sounds like a great challenge! Do you know where I might be able to find a 2 page template by any chance? I've never done a 2 page layout and just used my first template today but I think that would be the easiest route to use one. If not, I'll search for one, just thought I'd ask I'll have to print this off to be sure I get everything.

amyjo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
RuthieRoo
Having dinner at California Grill

Ooooh i'd love to try this...would it count if I tried at Disneyland Paris? It may be a bit more of a challenge but i think i could manage to get 20 of them. We're going in 3 weeks for Halloween so this would be lots of fun.

Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat United Kingdom Monorail Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie\'s Bow Mickey\'s glove Teacups Earful Tower I link to MouseScrappers! Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Mickey Pumpkin Jack Skellington Wicked Stepmother Cutester Bee

RuthieRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #6
ana_carol
E Ticket Holder

Julie
Love this
Ill try to get 20, to scrap it

I have a question about number 9, can it be a cast member that is Brazilian? It will be much harder to find a cast member from my state or city
Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Pirate Ears Mickey\'s glove Speed Scrapper! Brazil Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Minnie\'s Shoe Mickey Pumpkin Pop Century Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Ana Carol! Redfan Great Britain Morocco Miss Piggy 1 Canada Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

ana_carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
scrappinnewbie
E Ticket Holder

Software: SBC+3.0
Camera: Cannon Rebel XTi
Super fun idea! I will have to print the list and keep it close. I agree, it should help improve my photography skills!

Yea! Very fun!

Melinda
Mouse Ears United States of America Minnie\'s Shoe Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Melinda! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Teacups Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Panda Germany R2-D2 Pigglet 1 Carol helped me book my vacation! Big Thunder Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

scrappinnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #8
liriel
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE 12
Camera: Pentax k-x
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuthieRoo View Post
Ooooh i'd love to try this...would it count if I tried at Disneyland Paris? It may be a bit more of a challenge but i think i could manage to get 20 of them. We're going in 3 weeks for Halloween so this would be lots of fun.
Absolutely! I amended the challenge a little, so check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjo76 View Post
Sounds like a great challenge! Do you know where I might be able to find a 2 page template by any chance? I've never done a 2 page layout and just used my first template today but I think that would be the easiest route to use one. If not, I'll search for one, just thought I'd ask I'll have to print this off to be sure I get everything.
I know Britt has some 2 page templates, and MJAJMom has quite a few multi-photo templates she has given away on her blog, but you would have to amend them to be 2-pagers I think, but it is a good starting point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggernjen View Post
This sounds like a fun challenge...I wish I was going to WDW for the meet & greet...I hope you get a lot of people to play...Because I would like to do this on our trip to WDW this summer...
I hope lots of people play too!
Mouse Ears Jungle Cruise Sorcerer\'s Hat Star Tours Magical Express Captain EO Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Monorail United States of America Mickeys shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for all your help with MouseScrappers Julie! Mickey\'s shorts Contemporary Resort 1 Carousel horse Earful Tower Carol helped me book my vacation! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Stormtrooper Ive met another MouseScrapper

liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #9
RuthieRoo
Having dinner at California Grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by liriel View Post
Absolutely! I amended the challenge a little, so check it out.
Yay!! Thanks for changing it, I'll be printing off the list to take with me.

Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat United Kingdom Monorail Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie\'s Bow Mickey\'s glove Teacups Earful Tower I link to MouseScrappers! Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Mickey Pumpkin Jack Skellington Wicked Stepmother Cutester Bee

RuthieRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #10
CAVEA001
Flying to Orlando

Software: Photoshop Elements 6
I've always wanted to do a photo scavenger hunt. Very cool!
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s glove I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World United States of America Canada Captain EO Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Cheshire Cat 1 I love DCL! Japan

CAVEA001 is offline   Reply With Quote