MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Speed Scraps
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Old 05-15-2011, 05:22 AM   #1
This Dixie Pixie
E Ticket Holder

---->Here for Speed Scrap 56<----

Speed Scrap Guidelines

There will be 7 instructions in total.
The first will be posted on the hour.
The second at ten past.
Third at twenty past.
Fourth at half past.
Fifth at twenty to.
Sixth at ten to.
The final instruction on the close of the hour.
Then you will have 4 hours to finish your layout and post to the gallery and relevant thread to claim your prize.
If you join late don’t worry that you missed the start you can still play just get follow the rules for your layout and get it uploaded before the deadline.

Here is the link to the Gallery: Speed Scrap 56 Gallery. Remember to post it there as well as in the relevent forum. Let's have some fun!

Since we're celebrating MouseScrappers 2nd birthday, this SS is all about 2's! There's a hint for you.
1. Choose 2 papers and put one on top of the other. I'd like you to try to get a symmetrical effect in this LO so work accordingly.
2. Choose 2 photos. Put one on the left side and one on the right side. Or one on top and one on bottom. Remember we're going for symmetry here
3. We're having a party, so it's time to decorate! I'd like to see 2 ribbons or strings please.
4. Two frames please. And they don't even have to frame the photos if you don't want!
5. Now I'd like you to add 2 items that you can find in nature. Anything, so long as it is naturally occurring nature - leaves, flowers, splashes, birds, animals, bubbles, clouds...
6. Now we need to do the business part of our LO. I would like to see a title using 2 fonts or alphas. Date or journal if you like.
7. Last instruction! It's time for the finishing touches! If you think your LO needs something else to finish it off, now's the time to add them. Hidden Mickey, Pixie dust, buttons, staples, stitching, extra ribbons or flowers? Now's your chance! And remember to shadow!

Also posted here:
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...7569#post67569

Alrighty, this is the place to be 4½ hours from now! Do't forget, we'll be in the chat room but I'll also post directions here too. There's a link to the Chat Room at the top of the page.

Because we're celebrating MouseScrappers, and this SS starts at a decent hour for pretty much everybody, I'm going to go back to the "old" way of speed scrapping when I first came to MouseScrappers. I will give instructions every 10 minutes for one hour. You then will have 4 hours to complete the challenge after I give the last instruction to earn the PP from Pretty in Green.

There's a slight twist to our speed scraps right now though... This counts towards the party activities! So if you miss the first deadline, you still get a 2nd chance to win a prize anyway. You will have 24 hours after I give the last instruction to complete the challenge to have this count towards your 15 activities that you must do to earn the Big Party Goodie Bag!!! And believe me... you want that Goodie Bag! Originally it was just one awesome prize from Kellybell Designs, but we have so many wonderful designers that offered prizes to us that we grabbed a larger bag and stuffed it full of even more awesome prizes!

I hope you'll be able to play with us today!
I link to MouseScrappers! Monorail Speed Scrapper! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Mouse Ears Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Canada Rocket Jets Sorcerer\'s Hat I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Bow Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Cheshire Cat 1 Carousel horse Star Tours Captain EO Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Mickeys shoe Pop Century Jungle Cruise Skyway United States of America Pirate Dog Teacups

Last edited by This Dixie Pixie; 05-15-2011 at 11:10 AM.

This Dixie Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2011, 05:36 AM   #2
nadauh
Trekking along the Maharajah trail

Software: Photoshop CS4, PSP and Vizros plugin
Camera: Canon
I'm waiting for this for a while! I love speedscrapping (as you can see at my trophee, lol!)!

nadauh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:42 AM   #3
susie_q_777
Stopping to get photos of floral Mickey

Software: My Digital Studio, trying to learn PSE
Camera: Canon xTi
Can't wait to give it a try! This will be my first speed scrap. I will be late because of church, but I will join in when I can!

Thanks for hosting!
Mouse Ears

susie_q_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:48 AM   #4
Jojo
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon EOS 550D
I will be there. Maybe I join later, of have to leave in the middle, cause I always visit my grandparents on Sunday evening. (Yes, in Europe in will be around 7PM then) But I'm doing this speed scrap!

Disneyland Paris Dream Annual Passholder
First DLR Anaheim visit: 13 - 20 August 2015!
First cruise: 7 nights - Magic (Mediteranian Europe) Departure 10 september!
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

Jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:55 AM   #5
WDW Scrap Princess
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6~PSE10~SBC
Camera: Nikon D3300
I will be here Donna!, Here in NY, Raining and gray, the perfect day to Scrap!
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Carousel horse Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Monorail Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag I love DCL! Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Teresa! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cutester Minnie Dale Bambi

WDW Scrap Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:00 AM   #6
Princess Janas Mom
Rockin to the beat of Off Kilter

Software: SBC+
I hope I can get this one done in time! My daughter has a birthday party to go to. Who plans a birthday party on Sunday afternoon when I am suppose to be completing a Speed Scrap???

Princess Janas Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #7
Mary Jo
Reading all the names on the windows of Main Street

Software: PSE 8
Camera: Nikon D5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Scrap Princess View Post
I will be here Donna!, Here in NY, Raining and gray, the perfect day to Scrap!
I never realized you were from NY, I am on LI - where are you?

I love the PP! I am hoping to finish the challenge by the deadline, but we have to go out for a little while. Be back soon.

Me = DH = DD = (6)
Minnie\'s Bow Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Star Tours Rocket Jets Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carousel horse Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Pop Century Pirate Flag Captain EO Mickey Pumpkin Disney Vacation Club Member

Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #8
obumpus

Also posted here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...&postcount=131

Old 05-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #9
discruiser
Singing along with the children on the happiest cruise that ever sailed

Great instructions! Here is my LO:

Also posted in the Castle Lit at Night forum.

discruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #10
CoralTurtle
Feeling like a kid again on Tom Sawyer Island

Software: CS5 & Lightroom
Camera: Canon Rebel T3i, Canon SX40
Here's mine...but I think that I rushed too much and wish I could tweak it some more. Also, I'm only using 2 photos like the directions, but it's duplicated as an effect--that's how the template was. I hope it isn't breaking the rules too much. I struggled with the symmetry a little--probably not as symmetrical as it should be. Anyway...

Also posted here:
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...7711#post67711
Mouse Ears United States of America Monorail Star Tours Earful Tower Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Ears Expedition Everest Sorcerer\'s Hat Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Japan Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Pooh Big Eyes Pluto Big Eyes Mike Wazowski Pete Yin Yang Carousel horse Pirates of the Caribbean Ive met another MouseScrapper

CoralTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote