MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Welcome > Help and Support
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
MS was suspended by hosting service

Hi guys,

Just wanted to give you an update. MS was suspended by my web hosting service, and I do not exactly know why. They say it caused server overload today (which could have meant last night, too). I have no idea what may have caused this, perhaps an attack... not sure. I do not have any background processes running.

I've been warned... if this happens 3 times, they will shut down this site permanently. I may have to pay to have a more robust provider. If this is the case, I will really need some financial help and may resort to putting the dreaded 'Donate' button on the site.

Just wanted to update you... I'll let you know if they have been able to give me some more information, like what application caused the overload.

Thanks,
Carol

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #2
hobbes130
Taking a Journey Into Imagination

Software: Photoshop CS5
Thats a worry I am sure everyone would be happy to donate a little to help keep the site going. I know I would I was very upset when I thought it had gone today but I am smiling again now
United Kingdom Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Emma! Disney Vacation Club Member I link to MouseScrappers! Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Earful Tower Eiffel Tower Sorcerer\'s Hat Speed Scrapper! Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Christmas Tree I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers!

hobbes130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
miranda
Blasting through Space Mountain

Software: PSE 6.0
Camera: Nikon D5100
I would be more then happy to donate some. I am very much in love with this site. You have given me my inspiration back and have given me a reason to start scrapping my Disney pictures.

Let us know how this goes!!!

miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
DisneymoonJess
In Town Square, envisioning Walt giving his speech

Software: PSE 9
I bet if you had a donation drive, people would be willing to help out - I think especially if you have a pin or something for supporters, etc. If you need help with this, I can work with you. I work with non-profits and have done this with other forums that need a little cash boost but don't want a subscriber model.

1991 - offsite 1993 - offsite 1996 - offsite 1999 - ASSp 2009 - POR
Minnie Bride It\'s a Small World Star Tours

DisneymoonJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
kateolas
Staying the night at Animal Kingdom Lodge

Software: Photoshop CC 2017 and Photoshop CS2
Camera: GE X500, Sony CyberShot
Carol ... why don't we do that group scrap mega kit .... those who might not be MouseScrappers persay might still want to buy it (and join too) ... and I am sure all the designers here on this site would donate their work and let this great site reap the benefits of it. Just a thought.

Mouse Ears United States of America Mickey\'s glove Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts I link to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Me!iss@! Teacups Pirate Flag Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Earful Tower Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Ears Monorail Speed Scrapper! Expedition Everest Captain EO Cheshire Cat 1 Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Ive met another MouseScrapper

kateolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:01 PM   #6
hobbes130
Taking a Journey Into Imagination

Software: Photoshop CS5
Melissa that is a fab idea
United Kingdom Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Emma! Disney Vacation Club Member I link to MouseScrappers! Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Earful Tower Eiffel Tower Sorcerer\'s Hat Speed Scrapper! Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Christmas Tree I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers!

hobbes130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:23 PM   #7
luv2scrapmm
E Ticket Holder

Software: Craft Artist
Camera: Canon Powershot SX10IS & learning to use my new Nikon D3100
I wish I could design..... but you can count on me to BUY!!! I'd be willing to create a quickpage to go with a kit if this idea comes to life. That would be a way us non-designers could support the site.
Pirate Ears Speed Scrapper! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Haunted Mansion Sorcerers Hat Panda Beast Redfan R2-D2 Boo Toy Story Alien Gingerbread Italy Pigglet 1 Great Britain Morocco Big Eyes Goofy Mickey Bar Pooh Big Eyes Mike Wazowski Norway Cutester Minnie Kermit 1 France Test Track Pumpkin Mickey Germany

luv2scrapmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:24 PM   #8
inkspots
Enjoying the whimsy of PhilharMagic

Software: PSCS5, PSE 5.0
Camera: Canon 40D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofys_girl View Post
Carol ... why don't we do that group scrap mega kit .... those who might not be MouseScrappers persay might still want to buy it (and join too) ... and I am sure all the designers here on this site would donate their work and let this great site reap the benefits of it. Just a thought.
That's what I was thinking too. A nice mega kit with proceeds going to the site. Maybe you could do what other sites do too, and have a monthly kit for purchase with a featured designer.

inkspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #9
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Thanks everyone... I truly do appreciate your support and ideas.

Sorry I've been a little MIA lately. I've been trying to research other hosts. Because of our growth, it really does look like my current hosting plan is not enough and that I need a more robust server that is not shared with numerous other websites. But yeah, this is going to increase my costs, probably quite a bit.

Selling a kit would be great, but does open up another can of worms - finding some shop software, tax implications, making sure nothing is 'too' Disney (no possible copyright/trademark lawsuits). Anyone a lawyer out there?

Thanks again for your support!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:44 AM   #10
miranda
Blasting through Space Mountain

Software: PSE 6.0
Camera: Nikon D5100
Love seeing all the ideas, I am sure one to support it all. Hope it will work out for all of us and especially for you Carol. I bet it is a lot of work. And to be honest, I really love it here.

miranda is offline   Reply With Quote