MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Travel > DVC Chat
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 03-02-2010, 05:47 AM   #21
janette
Taking a Journey Into Imagination

I don't really have a desire to stay at BLT; maybe if the kids were smaller but they'd rather be close to Epcot & Studios so that works out great.

It's the Grand Califorian that we want to stay in but I may just use points for one of the hotels if I need too.

janette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #22
luv2scrapmm
E Ticket Holder

Software: Craft Artist
Camera: Canon Powershot SX10IS & learning to use my new Nikon D3100
We bought at Saratoga in 2003 and took our first trip 2004. We bought directly from Disney as there was a good price incentive at the time. We almost added on last year on our cruise but it wasn't the right time... sigh

All but 2 of our trips have been at SSR. Our kids are older and like the access to Downtown Disney. We stayed concierge at AKL before they added on to become part of DVC. It was awesome and we got to do the Sunrise Safari (available to concierge guests) which I highly recommend. Last summer we stayed at Kidani and I love those rooms too. Next summer we are hoping to stay in the Treehouse Villas as we are taking my cousin's step-son who said he "has to stay there!!"

We usually go once a year in August... hot, hot, hot...but I teach elementary school and we are off July and August and honestly, it is hot and muggy in NY too We've tried July but it is terribly crowded (lots of large tour groups with teenagers). When I finally retire many,many years from now, I plan to hit all the things I can't now....MNSSHP, MVMCP, Food and Wine, Flower and Garden - just to name a few.

We plan on hitting all the DVC's in WDW, Vero, and Hilton Head over the next few years. With my DH's new job, he will be racking up frequent flyer miles so hopefully we'll get to the GC and DL. Don't know if Hawaii is a possibility, but if I ever hit the lottery() I want to do all the overseas parks.

DVC was one of the best things we ever did!
Pirate Ears Speed Scrapper! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Haunted Mansion Sorcerers Hat Panda Beast Redfan R2-D2 Boo Toy Story Alien Gingerbread Italy Pigglet 1 Great Britain Morocco Big Eyes Goofy Mickey Bar Pooh Big Eyes Mike Wazowski Norway Cutester Minnie Kermit 1 France Test Track Pumpkin Mickey Germany

luv2scrapmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:19 AM   #23
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
I'm sitting here at the table in a BWV 1-bedroom villa. It's wonderful! My DH really likes it. It is so much more space than the room we have over at POR (which we will go back to tomorrow). I said, 'so, does this make you want to buy more points?'

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #24
Disney Baby

Software: Storybook Creator Plus 3.0 and 4.0
Camera: Sony Alpha 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
I'm sitting here at the table in a BWV 1-bedroom villa. It's wonderful! My DH really likes it. It is so much more space than the room we have over at POR (which we will go back to tomorrow). I said, 'so, does this make you want to buy more points?'
I hope you are having a great time!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Thanks for exceptional help with challenges Jennifer! Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey\'s glove Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Teacups Minnie Bride Skyway It\'s a Small World Earful Tower Mickey Pumpkin Carousel horse Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Pop Century

Disney Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:53 AM   #25
janette
Taking a Journey Into Imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
Our first DVC trip we stayed in a studio one night then moved to a 1 bdrm. My DH loved the 1bdrm said he wanted one all the time. I said then we need more points and added more pretty quickly.

janette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:54 AM   #26
scrappycath
Buying my Disneyland park tickets

Software: Photoshop (CS4)
Camera: Nikon
- Which resort(s) did you buy into (and when)? We bought at Saratoga Springs in 2005 (cause that is what was newly selling at the time) We've not yet stayed there!

- Did you buy from Disney or resale? Disney.

- Where have you stayed on points? Beach Club, Old Key West, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Old Key West, Grand Californian, Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, and heading to OKW next month. Did the 4 day cruise on partial points. Oh and a B&B in Vermont.

- Do you have a favorite DVC resort? Beach Club is by far our favorite!!!! Followed very closely by OKW!!!!

- any other thoughts? Can't wait to get back to the magic!
"Normal" is just a setting on the washing machine.
Sometimes all you can say is"Geez-o-pete"!!
Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers!

scrappycath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:35 PM   #27
ILuvCrush
Having dinner at Ohana

Software: SBC+3.0
Camera: Sony Alpha-550 DSLR
Which resort(s) did you buy into (and when)? AKV 250 points in Dec 2008
AKV 50 points in Dec 2009

- Did you buy from Disney or resale? Disney

- Where have you stayed on points? SSR, Kidani, OKW

- Do you have a favorite DVC resort? Kidani...hands down! I do want to try out Beach Club though because its sooo close to Epcot

- any other thoughts?
I have 300 points... and still want more...it's a sickness

We are totally wiping out our points next year (and most of the following year)for an Adventures by Disney trip and for 2-3 nights at Disneyland Paris. Its killin me that I won't have any points left to just go to WDW... but that said, I don't know how we would have swung the ABD trip next year without DVC!
Disney Vacation Club Member United States of America Mouse Ears Monorail Eiffel Tower Mickeys shoe I link to MouseScrappers! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Contemporary Resort 2 Magical Express Star Tours Expedition Everest Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Ears Minnie\'s Bow D23 Member Captain EO Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Flag Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Turkey Christmas Tree Cheshire Cat 1 Thanks for all your help with MouseScrappers Paula! France Italy United Kingdom Morocco Canada Germany

ILuvCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:27 AM   #28
poohaddict
E Ticket Holder

Software: Storybook Creator 3.0 & PSE9
Camera: Canon Rebel T2i
- Which resort(s) did you buy into (and when)? We bought BLT, My Mom bought Grand California. We just bought our points saturday June 19 before we left!

- Did you buy from Disney or resale? Disney

- Where have you stayed on points? Not yet but we are planning on next may and possibly next october also.

- Do you have a favorite DVC resort? I really liked from walking around Saratoga. Very nice!

- any other thoughts? SOOOOO excited to be a DVC member cant wait to use it!!

My Blog Donna
Carousel horse Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Cheshire Cat 1 Teacups Star Tours Germany Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow It\'s a Small World Mickey Pumpkin USA Pinocchio Girlie Disney Vacation Club Minnie Cupcake Toy Story Pooh Marie Cupcake Cheshire Cat Cupcake Pirate 2 Pumpkin Mickey Confetti Cupcake Plane Crazy Toy Story Alien Mexico

poohaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #29
MommyDearest
Just parked the car

Camera: Nikon D40
- Which resort(s) did you buy into (and when)?

Our home resort is OKW. we bought in 2002

- Did you buy from Disney or resale?

Resale

- Where have you stayed on points?
OKW, BCV, BWV, VWL, AKV

- Do you have a favorite DVC resort?

Seems like my favorite resort is the one we are staying at. I love the theme at VWL and AKV but you can't beat the location of BCV or BWV

- any other thoughts?

We have been really happy with our decision to buy. You get to stay at awesome resorts for a fraction of the cash price. However I am still mad they took away our free valet parking

MommyDearest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:11 AM   #30
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Fellow members... I'm trying to help Jan out a little. Can anyone help? Details here: http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4752

Thanks,
Carol

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote