MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Travel > Discounts and promotions
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
For those who love cruising… (not just Disney)

For those that don’t know already, I am all about travel deals. I am very uncomfortable paying for something that I know is overpriced. So I really get excited when I see a good deal. Fall seems to be one of the least expensive months to cruise. You can especially make your dollars go far on September cruises. This holds true for Disney too - the cheapest 7 night cruise on the Magic I ever saw was about $500 for a September sailing a few years ago.

I was just told about some phenomenal pricing on some of Celebrity’s nicest ships. For those unfamiliar with Celebrity, they merged with Royal Caribbean back in 1997. They are a little more upscale than Royal with an emphasis on service and cuisine. What I really like about Celebrity is that the service experience was similar to what I experienced on Crystal Cruises, but at a significantly lower cost. When I compare Celebrity with Disney I love both. Here is my personal opinion: courtesy is very similar – both are polite and go out of their way to help you, food quality and attention to service during meals is a bit more superior on Celebrity, entertainment and childrens’ programs is far superior on Disney. My kids love them both, too bad I can’t have them tell you what they like about each.

I’ve been on a few 'preview' cruises for agents only, and I can’t tell you how many agents on these cruises told me that I HAVE to try Celebrity Solstice. It was expensive when it first came out, but since Celebrity released the sister ship Equinox, the prices have dropped a little. I am just amazed to see such low prices on this ship. The Millennium was the first in their Millennium Class (the nicest class of ships prior to Solstice class) and Infinity was the last of the Millennium class... I’ve heard it’s very pretty.. I have been on Century and Mercury, two of the oldest ships in their fleet. If their older ships ‘wowed’ me, imagine what the other classes are like! Too bad I can’t leave the kids with my mom and fly off for a week of relaxation with my husband!

Here are several cruises that our Celebrity District Sales Manager brought to our attention – these cruises include $75 on board credit (per cabin).
(prices are per person based on double occupancy)

1. Solstice – 09/05/10 – 7N Eastern Caribbean FLL – Oceanview senior - $559
2. Solstice – 09/12/10 – 7N Western Caribbean FLL – Balcony Gty - $649
3. Solstice – 09/19/10 – 7N Eastern Caribbean FLL – Oceanview $649
4. Solstice – 09/26/10 – 7N Western Caribbean FLL – Oceanview $649
5. Infinity - 09/24/10 – 16N Seattle – FLL Inside $999 – Balcony $1499 and several states have senior and residents specials AZ, CA, CO, OR, WA
6. Millennium - 09/27/10 – 14N SAN – SJU – inside Gty $799 also with residents specials in AZ, CA, CO, OR, WA

If you are interested in any of these cruises (or any other cruise for that matter – there are reasonable prices on the Wonder this fall), please let me know!

On a side note, two ships that I do not like: NCL Sky (older, poor service, stinky); Carnival Splendor (newer, gaudy decorations, food is ‘eh’) – note that I only toured the ship with other agents, but the experience made me want to steer people away from it. I like Mariner of the Seas much better.

Another side note: though Great Stirrup Cay (NCL’s private island in the Bahamas) had a weak shore experience (Castaway Cay is waaaaay nicer!), the snorkeling at Great Stirrup Cay was awesome! They’ve submerged some metal structures which are becoming artificial reefs, so lots of fish. Not a lot of seaweed, either. But I didn’t like that you had to pay for a vest (which they make you wear).

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Last edited by Carolc; 08-25-2010 at 04:45 PM.

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
cddiesel
Racing through the icy caverns of the Matterhorn

Software: SBC+ 3.0
this just gives me something else to think (and dream) about!!!

What port do they depart from?

Christina
Mouse Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Ears Carol helped me book my vacation! Teacups United States of America Monorail Thanks for your help and contributions Christina! Thank you for using the Amazon link! Minnie\'s Bow Pirate Flag Magical Express Boardwalk 1 Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts!

cddiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:21 PM   #3
Carolc
Administrator

The Solstice sails out of Fort Lauderdale.

omg, there is a $499 inside guarantee on the Solstice on Sept 12! That's one good thing about a tough economy... all these good deals. I know you'll be at WDW then, but can any our 1000 members take advantage of this?

SAILING ITINERARY

Sun 12 Sep 2010 Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Mon 13 Sep 2010 At Sea
Tue 14 Sep 2010 George Town, Grand Cayman
Wed 15 Sep 2010 Cozumel, Mexico
Thu 16 Sep 2010 Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico
Fri 17 Sep 2010 Roatan, Honduras
Sat 18 Sep 2010 At Sea
Sun 19 Sep 2010 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 09-03-2010, 03:37 PM   #4
Carolc
Administrator

For anyone that has been yearning to go on the Oasis of the Seas (currently the largest ship afloat, but will soon be joined by her ‘sister’ the Allure of the Seas), it is on sale through the 7th. Oasis is the one that has a zip line across one of their open air areas. There are two rock walls, 2 Flow Riders, a boardwalk-type area with a carousel, a ‘central park’ type area… these are in addition to the promenade seen on other Royal Caribbean ships (all have shops and eateries). DH and I had the opportunity to go on the Oasis for a night. Our balcony cabin was really nice, we just didn’t get to spend much time in there as we were running around the ship. We still didn’t get to see everything. The interactive displays around the ship were really helpful (and fun to play with – I’m guessing that the Disney Dream will have some of these). I’d love to go on it for a longer trip, but the prices have been very high since its inauguration last November. So these prices during this sale are really good for this ship.

These prices are per person based on double occupancy (not including tax or insurance)

Oct 30 (7 night Western Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale): Inside from $849, oceanview from $899, balcony from $999; 3rd and 4th passengers are $549

Nov 16 (7 night Eastern Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale): Oceanview from $949, balcony from $1049; 3rd and 4th passengers are $499.

Royal Caribbean has special pricing on a number of other cruises during this Labor Day Sales Event. The best cruise experience for the dollar (i.e. value), in my opinion, are these two on Liberty of the Seas (the model prior to Oasis – still huge, has a rock wall, Flow Rider, skating rink)

Oct 3 (7 night Eastern Caribbean out of Miami): Inside $499, Deluxe (suite) $999; 3rd/4th passengers are $299

Nov 7 (7 night Western Caribbean out of Miami): Inside $499, Deluxe (suite) $1249; 3rd/4th passengers are $299

Studio1955

Old 11-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #5
Carolc
Administrator

Oasis $699

Just noticed a special rate on Oasis of the Seas (see description from 9/3 above). This is for the Dec 11th sailing (7 night Western Caribbean). I don't know if I've ever seen it this low! Did I mention this is a beautiful ship?

Inside: $699
Ocean view : $799
Balcony: $899

Must book by end of day Nov 2nd
Prices do not include tax.

Studio1955

Old 11-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #6
Carolc
Administrator

Go with me!

I booked an unbelievably low rate on a balcony for my mom, sister and I on the Celebrity Eclipse. This ship is brand new this year, and is making her US debut as we speak. Just my assessment, but I’d say this ship is to Celebrity what the Dream is to Disney (albeit with fewer technological innovations than the Dream). It is supposed to be just beautiful, with top notch food and service. Balcony price is $499 for passengers 1 and 2, and $319 for passengers 3 and 4 (but only for today!). It is a 7-night Western Caribbean cruise. Anyone want to join me? Sail date is Nov 27.

Studio1955

Old 11-16-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
PrincessMouse
In the Hall of Presidents

Software: Photoshop CS4
Camera: Nikon D3
If we weren't already cruising at Thanksgiving, I'd definitely book this thru you, Carol! What an amazing deal!!
Disney Vacation Club Member Contemporary Resort 1 Magical Express Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts China Monorail I love DCL! Minnie\'s Bow I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Skyway Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat United States of America Mickey Pumpkin

PrincessMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #8
Carolc
Administrator

Reel

Just came across a few videos showing some of the highlights of Celebrity Eclipse. I can't wait for mom to see it. Did I mention this 7 night cruise is $499 for a BALCONY?!. This is definitely on my own personal list of 'best travel deals ever'.

Travel Channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNt4V...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KehGm...eature=related

Studio1955

Old 11-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #9
cddiesel
Racing through the icy caverns of the Matterhorn

Software: SBC+ 3.0
If I wasn't doing the January cruise, I would have loved to go!!!

I am starting to think about our March 2012 family cruise and trying to decide which cruise line to book. I am looking outside of DCL (ekkkk!) because there will be 6 of us.

Christina
Mouse Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Ears Carol helped me book my vacation! Teacups United States of America Monorail Thanks for your help and contributions Christina! Thank you for using the Amazon link! Minnie\'s Bow Pirate Flag Magical Express Boardwalk 1 Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts!

cddiesel is offline   Reply With Quote