MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Template Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Template Challenge hosts - sign up here

Let's try some template challenges here on MS! We'll start off with every other week (Saturday) and see how it goes.

If you are interested in hosting, please let me know and I will add you to this first post.

A few requests from me, relating to hosting:

- Hosts must provide the template - design your own or have a designer friend help.
- No gifts for participants, please - the template is more than enough.
- Please upload your layout to the Gallery in the "Template Challenge" category. Post a linked image in your challenge thread and in the relevant forum, and please encourage others to do the same.
- Remind our traditional/paper scrapping friends that they can participate by treating the template like a sketch.
- You don't need to come up with any rules for this challenge, aside from the layout needs to be Disney related.
- remind the participants that there is no double dipping.. can't use your template for one of the other challenges on this site (except for the color wheel challenge or the photo swap challenges).
- please try to leave some love for the participants, and encourage them to do the same.

Please make sure that participants upload to the Template Challenge gallery, and that they cross post their layout in the appropriate forum.

Thanks so much for helping with this activity!

Template Challenge 35: lauriescraps (10/23 - 11/05)
Template Challenge 36: Natalie from Pa (10/30- 11/12)
Template Challenge 37: agrievingmommy (11/6 - 11/19)
Template Challenge 38: leslie_537 (11/13 - 11/26)
Template Challenge 39: CAVE001 (11/20- 12/3)
Template Challenge 40: MJAJmom (11/27 - 12/10)

Template Challenge 41: tiggerjen (12/4 - 12/17)
Template Challenge 42: Mary Jo (12/11- 12/24)
Template Challenge 43: CarmenF (12/18- 12/31)
Template Challenge 44: mouselvrmom (12/25- 1/7)
Template Challenge 45: agrievingmommy (1/1 - 1/14)
Template Challenge 46: pennylayne (1/8 - 1/21)
Template Challenge 47: cmtscrap (1/15 -1/28)
Template Challenge 48: shalinao (1/22 - 2/4)
Template Challenge 49: (1/29 - 2/11) <------- available
Template Challenge 50: kathleena (2/5 - 2/18)
Template Challenge 51: tiggernjen (2/12 - 2/25)
Template Challenge 52: (2/19 - 3/4)
Template Challenge 53: (2/26 - 3/11)
Template Challenge 54: (3/5 - 3/18)
Template Challenge 55: (3/12 - 3/25)
Template Challenge 52: (2/19 - 3/4)
Template Challenge 53: (2/26 - 3/11)
Template Challenge 54: (3/5 - 3/18)
Template Challenge 55: (3/12 - 3/25)

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Last edited by Carolc; 12-14-2010 at 11:02 PM. Reason: updated list

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2010, 04:58 AM   #2
Fran98765
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PS CS6
Camera: Kodak P&S
I'll take #2.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Monorail Thanks for being so helpful to others Fran! I link to MouseScrappers! I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cheshire Cat 1 Star Tours Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Teacups Carousel horse Pirate Ears Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Rocket Jets Magical Express I love DCL! United States of America Minnie\'s Bow Contemporary Resort 1 Earful Tower Pirate Dog Fantasmic

Old 02-17-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
Chef Minnie Mouse
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6
Camera: Nikon D7000
I'll take #4. I would love to try to design my own however, is there a tutorial out there that helps..I am having trouble with the top layer that has all of the writing on it that usually says "delete this layer".. any help out there.
Thanks!
Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Lisa! Mexico Norway China Germany Italy United States of America Japan Morocco France United Kingdom Canada Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Dog Pirate Flag Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Captain EO Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I love DCL! D23 Member

Old 02-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
Fran98765
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PS CS6
Camera: Kodak P&S
The easiest way for new template makers to make one is to take a layout that you like and grayscale each layer. Delete text and personal info too. Use the magic wand to highlight each layer and then color fill it with a gray or whatever color you want. Make sure to save it with a new file name. For the "delete" layer, you don't have to have one, but if you want one, just make a text layer and type "photo" and "text" wherever you wish them to be.

Here is an easy tutorial: http://mistycatodesigns.blogspot.com...om-layout.html
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Monorail Thanks for being so helpful to others Fran! I link to MouseScrappers! I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cheshire Cat 1 Star Tours Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Teacups Carousel horse Pirate Ears Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Rocket Jets Magical Express I love DCL! United States of America Minnie\'s Bow Contemporary Resort 1 Earful Tower Pirate Dog Fantasmic

Last edited by Fran98765; 02-17-2010 at 02:19 PM. Reason: typos

Old 02-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #5
Carolc
Administrator

Thank you both... I have you down.

Thanks, Fran, for the template info and link... I'll take a look.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 02-17-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
Chef Minnie Mouse
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6
Camera: Nikon D7000
Thanks for the link Fran I will go check it out!
Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Lisa! Mexico Norway China Germany Italy United States of America Japan Morocco France United Kingdom Canada Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Dog Pirate Flag Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Captain EO Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I love DCL! D23 Member

Old 02-17-2010, 02:13 PM   #7
CAVEA001
Flying to Orlando

Software: Photoshop Elements 6
Add me to the list. I've always wanted to attempt to make a template. You guys might be my ginnea (sp?) pigs.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s glove I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World United States of America Canada Captain EO Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Cheshire Cat 1 I love DCL! Japan

Old 02-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #8
Carolc
Administrator

Thanks... I've add you two, too!

Studio1955

Old 02-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #9
californiateri
Stopping for lunch at Sunshine Seasons

Software: PSE10
Camera: Sony Cybershot DSC-T100
Carol - if spot #5 is still available I'll take it.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! United States of America Mouse Ears Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Magical Express Rocket Jets Christmas Tree Carousel horse Mickey\'s glove Sorcerer\'s Hat Star Tours Teacups Eiffel Tower It\'s a Small World Mickey Pumpkin Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Shoe Viking Ship Turkey Minnie Bride Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

Old 02-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #10
Carolc
Administrator

californiateri - gotcha down... thanks!

Wow, we are already set thru April. Dare we make this weekly instead of every other week?

Studio1955

Closed Thread