MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Travel > Travel News (Beyond Disney)
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
kaylalovesminnie
Barnstorming along with Goofy

Software: Photoshop CS5
Camera: Kodak
Knotts Berry Farm? Advice? Tips? Experiences?

Hello everyone! I haven't been around too much except to pop in and out for a challenge that catches my eye. I am going to DL for 4 days in about a week, but I am also going to Knott's Berry Farm for the first time!

Anyone been there? I am wondering if I am going to like it at all since I am NOT a thrill ride person. My hubby will go on the roller coasters by himself I am sure. I really love Snoopy which seems to be a huge part of Knott's so I am hoping that will be enough to keep me entertained. There is a Snoopy on ice show which I am pretty excited about as well. I am also planning to go to the Joe Cool's (Snoopy) Backyard BBQ.

So I'm just looking for any feedback, tips, experiences that anyone might have. If anyone has any photos that would be fun too.

It's only going to be one day and I purchased the $15 Toys For Tots tickets so even if I don't enjoy it, atleast I will have donated to a great cause right?

Thanks!!!

http://fb.com/utptcbykayla
Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Ears Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Magical Express Pirate Flag Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) D23 Member Minnie Bride Cheshire Cat 1 Sorcerer\'s Hat It\'s a Small World Teacups Jungle Cruise United States of America Earful Tower 2011 Special Edition pin #6 Mickey Pumpkin

kaylalovesminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder

Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
I love Knott's! I grew up going there and have seen the many changes over the years. A lot of the old Ghost Town buildings were condemmend due to termite infestation and had to be removed, which was so sad to me. But it's still a great place.

I am not a thrill ride lover and there is plenty to keep me entertained.

Here's a tip - when you get there, go to the back of the park immediately. Everyone clusters around Camp Snoopy and Sidewinder and the other places are empty. Get on the stagecoach ride early because the line can be long and s-l-o-w.

PLEASE have lunch or dinner at Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant. It's outside of the park, so get your hand stamped if your'e going back in. This is the most delicious chicken I have ever had, and it was my dad's favorite restaurant. They don't take reservations and your whole party needs to be there to be seated, but one person can stand in line while the others look at the shops or walk around. Just make sure to periodically check back - and have the boysenberry pie for dessert!

Make sure to spend time in the exisitng ghost town area. It's still my favorite. Get your photos taken in the casket outside of the undertaker's building. heh heh. Drink the boysenberry punch (another yum!). Ride the train.

It's very expensive to eat inside the park. See what's offered in the shops outside the main gate if there's anything you like there (I can't remember). It cost us more to eat inside then for us all to have full dinners at Mrs. Knott's.

It's not as crowded as Disneyland. Not by a long shot. But I love the place. Have fun!

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

QuiltyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
kaylalovesminnie

Thanks Jan! That's lots of great info! We were drooling over the photos of the chicken at Mrs. Knott's on their website...they are supposed to offer the same food from Mrs. Knott's at the Joe Cool's BBQ we are going to. I definitely want a go at that boysenberry pie as well! Yum! Oh lord, there goes the weight I've lost lol!

I appreciate you taking the time to reply!

Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Ears Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Magical Express Pirate Flag Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) D23 Member Minnie Bride Cheshire Cat 1 Sorcerer\'s Hat It\'s a Small World Teacups Jungle Cruise United States of America Earful Tower 2011 Special Edition pin #6 Mickey Pumpkin

Old 12-07-2010, 09:06 PM   #4
tukogirl

How fun Kayla!

I went for the very first time two weeks ago. It was very fun. Thrill rides are not my thing at all, so we only rode two rides and still had lots of fun and there was plenty to see and do. The shows were EXCELLENT. We saw the cowboy show, the Native American show, the Gift of the Magi at the Birdcage Theater, and the Snoopy on Ice show. They were all great but the Snoopy show was totally worth the price of admission, and if you are a snoopy fan you will love it. We lined up about an hour before the show. They kind of slowly heard you towards the theater and actually open the doors about 35 minutes before the show. We first sat down near the stage but the view was actually better up high. We sat in the center in the upper rows and had a fantastic view of everything.

Right now in the ghost town area there is a craft show going on with all sorts of booths full of handmade items. There was lots of neat things, but it is hard to see all the cool details of the ghost town area.

Don't forget to ride the log ride, which is dressed up for Christmas as Santa's village!

Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

tukogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
kaylalovesminnie

Thanks Andrea!

Yes, I adore Snoopy..too bad he isn't Disney right? I have been hearing great things about the Snoopy on Ice show and I will be sure to see it. I did hear about the Christmas Crafts Village but I also heard it was a seperate admission so we may not do that part of it. But who knows, I may need some last minute Christmas gifts

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond!

Old 12-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #6
tukogirl

Nope, Christmas crafts village is not separate admission. They word it weird so it is confusing...you can go during the week and just do the shops outside and the crafts village for like $10 or something. But if you pay to go into the park, you get to go through the crafts village free!

Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

tukogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #7
kaylalovesminnie

Oh, okay..that's great! I definitely will have to check things out over there. I just adore hand made and crafty things.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #8
TanyaH666
Fascinated by the World of Color

Software: CS5 and PSE8
Camera: Sony NEX-5R & QX-100
Boysenberry Punch and a funnel cake. Thy seriously have the best funnel cakes there. You can even buy the punch in concentrate to take home. I sometimes drive over there just for that! Lol.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Jungle Cruise I link to MouseScrappers! Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Tanya! Speed Scrapper! Captain EO Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Expedition Everest Magical Express Pirate Dog Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Pop Century Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Cutester Minnie Pumpkin King Kaa Ursula Pete Ive met another MouseScrapper Eiffel Tower

TanyaH666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #9
kaylalovesminnie

I don't know if I have ever liked funnel cake but I will definitely have to try it! I love boysenberries so I'm gonna grab a few jars of the boysenberry jam for my Grandma and I to have. That punch sounds yummy too!

Thanks for the info Tanya!