MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Challenges (gen'l info/notes)
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
kaylalovesminnie
Barnstorming along with Goofy

Software: Photoshop CS5
Camera: Kodak
Hybrid Challenge #1

HYBRID CHALLENGE #1 August 25, 2010-September 8, 2010

Okay thanks for being soooo patient! I finally was able to find my flash drive and run home for the templates. I helped my grandma scan over 1,100 photos (after doing 3 hours of homework) today and I am totally wiped out so here we go....

HOW TO:
1. First, digitally or traditionally pick out the kits you wanna use.
2. Create your autograph pages in 4x6 OR 5x7 sizes. (You don't wanna lug a big book around Disney, right?)
3. Print out your pages! You choose what type of paper to use: cardstock, photo paper, plain paper, ect.
(***HELPFUL TIP!!!*** Each year I send mine to get printed at Kodak Gallery online. You don't have to do this by any means unless you find it easiest for you. I get the super glossy prints then paste the pages together back-to-back to give them some extra thickness so they don't rip or get bent in my bag. I also bring Sharpies for the characters to sign with. The Sharpies dry pretty fast too so no worries about smudging.)
4. Take a photo/scan your printed project and show off how awesome you are!!

TOOLS/SUPPLIES YOU MAY NEED TO COMPLETE THE WHOLE BOOK:
1. Book rings/ribbon/something to hold your book together..up to you.
2. Photopaper/cardstock/sending yours to get printed..again, up to you.
3. Adhesive (if you are planning to paste your pages together like I do, for example).
4. OPTIONAL: One traditional embellishment to make your book pop! (I tie ribbons to my book rings)

RULES/GUIDELINES OF THE CHALLENGE:
1. You must create 2 autograph book pages and share with us here and in the gallery. But by all means feel free to share more if you are able to get them done!!
2. This challenge does NOT require you to use the templates that I provide, but I hope that you can use atleast one of mine for inspiration!
3. Feel free to change up the templates any way you want if you do use them (I kept them pretty plain).
4. HAVE FUN and don't be afraid to ask questions!! There are lots of hybrid girls around here who would be happy to help!!

INSPIRATION
Wanna see my books from last year? Click HERE
Also, check out this super cute book by Canadamom24..HERE

Alrighty, here are the templates!! Pick the size you think will work best for you.

4x6:
http://www.4shared.com/file/RerdkxaT...4x6_part1.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/aaGG4QNO...4x6_part2.html

5x7:
http://www.4shared.com/file/W6LCuOM_...5x7_part_.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/fAGw7kvP...5x7_part2.html

Geez.. I hope this post wasn't too long!! Please PM me or ask here if you need help.

(8/26) Another quick note..I know I really lost some of you with my horrible instructions...

You have the option of going traditional OR digi. If you are using digi...just open them like a regular template and create your autograph pages like you would a regular layout. If you are doing it traditionally you can just use the templates as a sketch for ideas. I hope this helps!! Please PM me again if you need anymore help!!!

The only real "traditional" part of this hybrid project is actually printing out the pages. It is also optional to add traditional embellishments if you want to. It is not required for the challenge.

http://fb.com/utptcbykayla
Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Ears Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Magical Express Pirate Flag Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) D23 Member Minnie Bride Cheshire Cat 1 Sorcerer\'s Hat It\'s a Small World Teacups Jungle Cruise United States of America Earful Tower 2011 Special Edition pin #6 Mickey Pumpkin

Last edited by kaylalovesminnie; 08-27-2010 at 07:46 PM.

kaylalovesminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
roxana
Checking out, and taking Magical Express back to MCO

Software: CS5
Camera: Canon
I´m in!!!
I´ll be checking tomorrow!

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

roxana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
scrappinnewbie
E Ticket Holder

Software: SBC+3.0
Camera: Cannon Rebel XTi
Sorry your having computer troubles, but I am too... so I am glad for the delay...lol...I can use the extra time for DH to get all my programs re-loaded.

Hope you get back up and running soon.

I look forward to giving this challange a whirl.

Melinda
Mouse Ears United States of America Minnie\'s Shoe Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Melinda! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Teacups Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Panda Germany R2-D2 Pigglet 1 Carol helped me book my vacation! Big Thunder Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

scrappinnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
tiggernjen
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE10
Camera: Nikon D40
Can't wait to try this one... I'll check back tomorrow...
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Disney Vacation Club Member I link to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Bow Monorail Mouse Ears Boardwalk 1 Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey\'s glove Earful Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Pirate Dog D23 Member Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 1 Limited Edition Amazon pin #1 I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Lyn! Big Eyes Donald Mickey Parts Ive met another MouseScrapper Carol helped me book my vacation!

tiggernjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #5
WDW Scrap Princess
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6~PSE10~SBC
Camera: Nikon D3300
I will be checking too!
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Carousel horse Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Monorail Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag I love DCL! Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Teresa! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cutester Minnie Dale Bambi

WDW Scrap Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:40 PM   #6
kaylalovesminnie
Barnstorming along with Goofy

Software: Photoshop CS5
Camera: Kodak
Thanks for being patient and understanding everyone!

The instructions are finally up! Please PM me or ask here if I totally confused you ..but I really hope I didn't!! I'm exausted.. see you all tomorrow!

http://fb.com/utptcbykayla
Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Ears Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Magical Express Pirate Flag Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) D23 Member Minnie Bride Cheshire Cat 1 Sorcerer\'s Hat It\'s a Small World Teacups Jungle Cruise United States of America Earful Tower 2011 Special Edition pin #6 Mickey Pumpkin

kaylalovesminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:15 AM   #7
roxana

Thanks Kayla for the templates! I must said that at first sight all your explanation was like , but then after dl (BTW I dl 5x7, but I could print in 4x6 finally) and looking at the templates, well I thought it can´t be that , but I may have to scraplift someone or at least get some inspiration from someone pages cause actually don´t have a clue of how to start an autograph book, I know the first page will be the hardest one. I will have to make 4 pages, cause I want them printed in Couché paper( dont know if it´s the same name in english..actually it´s french but they call it like that here) and talking to my assistant in my printing site she told me there was a min of 4 prints, less than that I would have to print in photo paper. Well let´s see what can be done!!!
I´ll need some advice in the size issue, what´s the best size to print? is 4x6 too small? I don´t know I´m thinking about the hairy, big characters trying to write their siggy in a 4x6 page!

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

Old 08-26-2010, 06:28 AM   #8
roxana

I have just realized the deadline for the challenge is one week less than in the previous thread, I thought it was until Sept 7 but now it says Sept 1 ( I wrote it down that´s how i noticed),
which is the real deadline??

Old 08-26-2010, 06:41 AM   #9
liriel
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE 12
Camera: Pentax k-x
Awesome I can't wait to get started!
Mouse Ears Jungle Cruise Sorcerer\'s Hat Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Monorail United States of America Mickeys shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for all your help with MouseScrappers Julie! Mickey\'s shorts Contemporary Resort 1 Carousel horse Earful Tower Carol helped me book my vacation! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Stormtrooper Ive met another MouseScrapper

liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:02 AM   #10
scrappinnewbie
E Ticket Holder

Software: SBC+3.0
Camera: Cannon Rebel XTi
Fun challenge

I am looking forward to trying to make an autograph book. I can't open an rar doc and not sure I could use the template in SBC anyway...

Is it ok... if we do our own thing? As long as it is a hybrid?

We are going back to Disney in October and I wanted to make the Girls an autograph book so this is perfect motivation for me.

Thanks!

Melinda
Mouse Ears United States of America Minnie\'s Shoe Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Melinda! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Teacups Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Panda Germany R2-D2 Pigglet 1 Carol helped me book my vacation! Big Thunder Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

scrappinnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote