MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Photography
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
PrincessMouse
In the Hall of Presidents

Software: Photoshop CS4
Camera: Nikon D3
Photo Share Week #7 - The Big Picture 12/29/10 - 1/4/11

Show Me: The Big Picture

I'm one who adores shooting tight portraits and details at large apertures because it's what I'm drawn to and sometimes (okay... often) I forget to photograph The Big Picture. With that in mind, show me some sweeping views of any magical Disney spot! Include your EXIF data, camera info, and whatever else you can share about how you got your shot.

Because I'm running late tonight, my images are only sized and sharpened for the web so be gentle with me.

Canon G11 - 1/60 sec - f/3.2 - ISO 80
note: this is a shot of Castaway Cay and the Disney Magic *from* the Disney Wonder. We circled Castaway Cay all day and enjoyed 2 horn battles - one at noon while the Magic was docked and another as she sailed past us as she left Castaway Cay. Talk about a bucket list moment!

Canon G11 - 1/160 sec - f/4 - ISO 80

Canon G11 - 1/125 sec - f/4 - ISO 80
Disney Vacation Club Member Contemporary Resort 1 Magical Express Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts China Monorail I love DCL! Minnie\'s Bow I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Skyway Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat United States of America Mickey Pumpkin

PrincessMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
PrincessMouse

::nudge:: C'mon, I want to see some BIG pictures!
Disney Vacation Club Member Contemporary Resort 1 Magical Express Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts China Monorail I love DCL! Minnie\'s Bow I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Skyway Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat United States of America Mickey Pumpkin

Old 12-31-2010, 03:16 AM   #3
labdogs42
Walking right down the middle of Main Street USA

Software: StoryBook Creator Plus
Camera: Canon 7D (I upgraded and I LOVE it!)
I took this one on the way to our dinner at the Captain's Cup. It was the day after I dropped my Canon 20D on Main Street (yes, it was awful), so I used my little Olympus Stylus 850SW for this shot. I had to brace it on a trash can, but it came out pretty well. Here's the EXIF:
1/30s f 3.5 ISO 400

I link to MouseScrappers!

labdogs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:19 AM   #4
PrincessMouse

ooo, I like that Jessica! Sorry to hear about your camera

Old 12-31-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Well, since you asked for sweeping views, I thought of wide angle. Here are a few from our April trip

f/14 1/640sec 11mm

f/6.3 1/125sec 11mm

f/2.8 1/15sec 11mm

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:53 PM   #6
Carolc
Administrator

A few more...

I should have put the camera on the ground for this!!!

f/3.2 1/20sec 11mm

For this, I don't remember why I didn't open it up to 11mm.

f/2.8 1/2sec 16mm

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 01-01-2011, 05:27 AM   #7
PrincessMouse

ooo, I love those, Carol! As I admitted, I don't do nearly enough wide angle work.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #8
TanyaH666
Fascinated by the World of Color

Software: CS5 and PSE8
Camera: Sony NEX-5R & QX-100
i will be back with something!

Carol, what wide angle lens do you have?
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Jungle Cruise I link to MouseScrappers! Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Tanya! Speed Scrapper! Captain EO Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Expedition Everest Magical Express Pirate Dog Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Pop Century Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Cutester Minnie Pumpkin King Kaa Ursula Pete Ive met another MouseScrapper Eiffel Tower

TanyaH666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #9
Carolc
Administrator

I have the Tokina f/2.8 11-16mm. I'm still learning how to shoot with it, but I really love how much will fit in the frame, as well as the 2.8 (especially since my D50 does not do well in low light). I know they make it for Canon in addition to Nikon. Not sure about Sony - but Fiona has some fabulous photos she took with the wide angle she has for her Sony. I blame her for making me want to buy a super wide angle lens.

I had it when you saw me in Aug. Here are some of the photos from that day.

I photoshopped this a bit... removed some people and increased the saturation

Here's a sweeping view...

I should have told you to turn around and smile.

I bet I could get the whole ceiling and all the gargoyles if I put the camera on the floor in the 'dead center' of the room - course people would be in the way.

Studio1955

Old 01-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #10
TanyaH666
Fascinated by the World of Color

Software: CS5 and PSE8
Camera: Sony NEX-5R & QX-100
oh my gosh, those are awesome!! i remember you having the lens i just couldn't remember the specs on it. i just got a 50mm macro lens that is pretty awesome, but i really want to get a wide angle eventually.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Jungle Cruise I link to MouseScrappers! Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Tanya! Speed Scrapper! Captain EO Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Expedition Everest Magical Express Pirate Dog Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Pop Century Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Cutester Minnie Pumpkin King Kaa Ursula Pete Ive met another MouseScrapper Eiffel Tower

TanyaH666 is offline   Reply With Quote