MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Travel > Discounts and promotions
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 03-17-2014, 12:50 AM   #1
Linece
Trying to find Nemo in the Tomorrowland lagoon

Software: Publisher and Gimp for the photos
Camera: Lumix panasonic and Nikon 1
DLC package or room and tickets separately ?

Hi everyone ! I'm planning to go to Disneyland california in one or two years but I start looking and planning ^^ I already been to WDW (with the official uk travel agency who always have wonderful deals for european people) and the planning is so much different so I have a few questions ...

1. Is it better to buy a package or to buy hotel and tickets separately ?

2. Is it better to buy a package on the official website ou other sites or travel agent ?

3. Can i use a american travel agent even if I'm French ?

4. If I buy separately can I link tickets to the room reservation to have the magic morning ?

Thanks in advance for your answers girls ^^

Visit my scrap blog, you're welcome!
France I link to MouseScrappers! Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Speed Scrapper! Magical Express Cheshire Cat 1 Expedition Everest

Linece is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #2
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

I don't have much experience with Disneyland. I would say to try pricing it both ways (package and seperately) to see which one might be cheaper?

Good luck!
Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Carousel horse Monorail Mickey\'s glove Star Tours Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Minnie\'s Shoe Pirate Dog Christmas Tree Eiffel Tower Thanks for helping with the product forum Dawn! Ive met another MouseScrapper Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s shorts Expedition Everest Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Italy I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise New Zealand United Kingdom Earful Tower Pirate Flag

Aussiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:10 AM   #3
monstermama
Watching fireworks burst over Sleeping Beauty's Castle

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: iPhone & Nikon DF
Hi Linece,

Disneyland planning is much different than WDW, isn't it?

Sometimes you'll get a special deal with the packages, like a free Photopass print, but also sometimes you'll be better off with buying them separately if you can get a deal on tickets or the hotel room. It really depends on the time of year you're going and what's available. Do you have an idea of what time of year you'd want to go?

I do know that you can link tickets to your hotel room so you can do the extra magic hours - those just require showing your hotel key card.

Also - you may want to consider staying off-site at one of the Good Neighbor hotels. In some cases, they're actually closer to the parks than the Disney ones and much cheaper!
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Dog Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Star Tours Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Rocket Jets Mouse Ears Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Disney Vacation Club Member

monstermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:31 AM   #4
Linece

We loved wdw for halloween two years ago ( parties, a few people in the parks, good weather ... ) so we think that it's the same conditions in california, we think about going for late october. Is that a good time to visit ?

France I link to MouseScrappers! Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Speed Scrapper! Magical Express Cheshire Cat 1 Expedition Everest

Old 04-09-2014, 09:09 AM   #5
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
I can't recall if I mentioned it to you in my PM, but October (and Sept) can be VERY crowded. If you have never been to DL before, please don't go in Oct. I always feel bad for the people who miss so much because of crowds.

Here is a picture I took of the queue for the Haunted Mansion on 10/12/12 (a Friday, 2:35pm).

Here's one I took last fall (Sep 27) - also a Friday

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #6
Linece

Omg ! I didn't know there was so much people at this time of the year. My problem Is That i'm a teacher and in France we have days off for late october early november, then in december for Christmas, in february and in april for easter. We also have summer vacation from early july to late august. I 'm afraid there's no good time for me to visit :-(

Old 04-09-2014, 09:57 AM   #7
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Early November is great! It's funny, but the crowds disappear suddenly after Halloween (but so do all the Halloween decorations). The Haunted Mansion will still have the 'Nightmare before Christmas' overlay.

Mid/late January and February (except for around the Presidents' holidays) is very good, too!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #8
monstermama
Watching fireworks burst over Sleeping Beauty's Castle

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: iPhone & Nikon DF
Late October might be fine! We went in early November last year and the crowds were quite manageable on weekdays, with most rides having waits of less than 15 minutes. You'd definitely want to avoid Columbus day (October 13). Also, keep in mind that DL crowds are mostly affected by locals, so the weekends (including Fridays) are pretty much always crazy and the evenings after people are out of work can also be busier. We saw crowds like Carol posted on the Sunday when we arrived, but the next morning was MUCH better!
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Dog Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Star Tours Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Rocket Jets Mouse Ears Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Disney Vacation Club Member

monstermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:19 PM   #9
Linece

That's Funny because people goes to Disneyland paris on the same time That in dlc ^^ weekends and holidays and even more when it's a sunny Day (paris Is not warm and sunny all the time like Orlando or los angeles). Thanks girls for all your advices !