MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Speed Scraps
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
nadauh
Trekking along the Maharajah trail

Software: Photoshop CS4, PSP and Vizros plugin
Camera: Canon
Thank you thread!

I wanted to start this thread because there are so many people I would like to thank!

First of all Thank you Melinda arranging this whole weekend and being such a support to everyone! And to top it off you also had tendonitis but you managed to do all the 16 speed scraps and chats....

Also a big thank you to all the sponsors for providing such stunning pp's!! Your talents is amazing and it's so sweet of you to let us share for free! p.s. can't wait to see what's in the goodiebags, lol!

Thank you too all the girls that hosted the speed scraps! The instructions where awesome and created really beautiful layouts!!

And last but not least thank you to everyone who entered and made this such a fun weekend! We really did that together!! The chatting was so much fun and I loved to see new people coming in here and making themself at home!

Mousescrappers is a warm and welcoming community and I am proud to say that this really is my digihome! Thank you Carol for making it like this!

I sure hope I didn't forget everyone!

nadauh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
meagan43
Enjoying an Illuminations dessert party

Software: Creative Memories Storybook Creator
Camera: Nikon D3000, Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS, whatever else I can find to use :)
now what do I say?
"ditto"? "I second that"? "Hear! Hear!"?

I can't thank everyone enough

my blog:
http://meaganshowto.blogspot.com/
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

meagan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
mouselvrmom
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE 10
Camera: Canon 60D
Patty, you said that perfectly!! I couldn't agree more!

Thanks, Carol, Melinda, and everyone who donated, sponsored, hosted and made this place special!
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Disney Vacation Club Member Boardwalk 1 Magical Express Carousel horse I link to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 1 Cheshire Cat 1 Eiffel Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Rocket Jets Pirate Flag Expedition Everest Monorail It\'s a Small World United Kingdom United States of America Star Tours Viking Ship Pirate Ears Norway Pirate Dog Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Cutester Bee Haunted Mansion Girlie Plane Crazy Kaa

mouselvrmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
Kramer.zoo
Taking the boat to the Studios

Software: PSE 10
Camera: Nikon D3000
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

well, what can I add after Patty's post?? She said everything so wonderfully!!

Just to echo...Thank you to Carol for this fabulous site...where would I be without it!
Thanks to Melinda...our super organizer!! Another successful marathon girl!!
Thank you to all the sponsors and hosts for the inspiration and motivation to get some scrapping finally done!!

Hugs!!

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Mexico Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pumpkin Mickey Pooh Beast Confetti Cupcake Pete

Kramer.zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #5
Mlmsizemore
Trying all the props in Toontown

Software: PSE 15
Thank you to Melinda for organizing this wonderful weekend!
Thanks to all who have given me advice, taught me a new technique, or cheered me on this weekend!
I appreciate all the wonderful hosts, super PP and contributions to the goodie bags! Thank you designers! You are awesome!!!

Mlmsizemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #6
northernmemories
In Town Square, envisioning Walt giving his speech

Software: PSE
Camera: Cannon EOS Rebel T3
Wow she said it best so read all that and I will add this little bit of my own thoughts
Even though I have been signed up on here for a while I have not really been involved. I felt intimidated by all the digital and felt that I would not fit in. I took a big chance this weekend and had a blast! I cant believe how kind and helpful people have been and the prizes are amazing and many I can use in my traditional lo's and project life album. It even forced me to try some digi pages too. I cant wait to see what is in the goodie bags lol!
Again thank you from the bottom of my heart for an amazing weekend.
Mouse Ears

northernmemories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #7
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Patty thanks so much for starting this thread as it is a great way for our community to share their feelings about this weekend's event and express their gratitude for all the people who worked hard to put it on.

I especially want to thank Melinda because she single-handedly coordinated this big party for us. She has planned several of these marathons now and each one has been so much fun for everyone. She comes up with really creative ideas for activities during the weekend and then follows through to completion. I know it takes a lot of time to communicate with each person involved with hosting and/or donating and I really do appreciate her time (especially in light of the fact that she works full time and had lots of company over during the holidays). She also hosted several SS's as well... Not sure how she completed so many layouts during the marathon on top of it all. She's a woman of many talents! So please be sure to give her lots of thanks... It is for sure well deserved.

Thank you also to the people who donated prizes. I know you created them specifically with our community members in mind and you sure know what they like! They are just beautiful and i appreciate your time and energy creating them. I have no doubt that the prizes provided an incentive for people to push themselves to finish (even staying up very late to do it). I don't yet know what is in the goodie bags but I've heard everything is fantastic! I'm so proud of myself for completing enough events to qualify for the half marathon bag! Thank you in advance to those who donated items or coupons to these collections.... Can't wait to see/hear what's in them!

Thanks also to people who hosted the speed scraps. I know from past experience that it takes a lot of planning up front, it takes a lot of back-and-forth between the chatroom and forum during, and it takes a lot of time to leave love for all the participants afterwards as well as send off the prizes to them. I greatly appreciate your time.

Thanks to everyone who came out to play this weekend. I know it is an event that many existing members look forward to (for the prizes, motivation and camaraderie). I've heard nothing but positive things about everyones experience (though tired had a wonderful time). I made it to all but one chat (sorry I missed yours, Paula!), and am pleased to see everyone in the chatroom getting along with each other, making new friends, and offering support and compliments to each other. I welcome all the new members to the site and hope you enjoy the community and come back often. Please be sure to thank all the hosts and designers, and please try to leave as much love as you can.

Thanks everyone!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #8
lightwriter
Singing along with the children on the happiest cruise that ever sailed

Thank You!

WOW! What a weekend! I just wanted to thank everyone who played a part in making this such a fun/wonderful weekend. I'm not a regular to Mouse Scrappers - though I would like to be, a silly thing called a job usually gets in my way. Last year was my first Marathon and I love every page that I created so this year I for sure wanted to play again. Thanks for all the wonderful challenges. It really changed how I scrapped (made me be faster!) and opened my creativity in a new way. This is awesome and I want to scrap this way more!

As a newbie to this site, some things really helped me. Cynthia Young's "MouseScrappers Speed Scrap Checklist and Credits", couldn't have done the marathon as efficiently without this. A suggestion, maybe to add for next time, a line at the top to say how many hours until the next speed scrap and a line for "finished", "Posted", "Updated Master Thread" and "downloaded PP". I was scribbling notes all over the form and it so helped to keep me on track and all my info in one place. Thank you Cynthia!!!

The other thing I had a hard time with was, where to post everything and which links to use. I kept looking for some sort of instructions and wasn't quite sure if I was doing it right. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I did!
It took me about 15 minutes to post each layout.

A Huge thank you to all of the Hostess' who gave extra time! Last year I was so exhausted at the end of the Marathon that I didn't touch my computer for days. This year, due to the extra time, I feel like I was able to take a little extra time on my pages and manage my time better and I'm not exhausted! So THANK YOU!

The PPs are wonderful and I would like to thank all the designers who gave so freely. You guys are awesome! Due to some of the prizes last year, I found new designers that I didn't know about before . . . and I love finding new scrapping goodies so thank you designers!

lightwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #9
disneymom2jhe
Walking right down the middle of Main Street USA

Camera: Sony DSC HX1
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I too am so thankful to everyone who hosted, organized and donated participation prizes. I am very new to all of this and felt very comfortable sharing my layouts, even when I felt like mine looked like "rookie" LOs compared to others. Not only am I appreciative of everyone who helped put this together, but to everyone who shared their layouts. I found so much inspiration from pages shared that it has motivated me to really try new things and get going on scrapping more of our trips. Hopefully someday I will be able to create some of the beautiful pages I saw here myself. Until then, know that you all are quite the inspiration (and motivation) and I am so grateful to have the opportunity to participate this weekend!

disneymom2jhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
disneymomofbelle
Looking for pirates and ghosts in New Orleans Square

Software: Creative Memories Storybook 4.0
Camera: Canon Powershot SX20 IS
DITTO what everone else said

Also I LOVE the weekend every year because it always recharges me to start really focusing on my books and gives me some great ideas for more pages..... (Like filling one of the photo spaces with paper for journaling... I had never thought about that before!!

Thanks again

disneymomofbelle is offline   Reply With Quote