MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Challenges (gen'l info/notes)
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2016, 04:59 PM   #1
3BluEyedBabies
Window shopping along Hollywood Blvd
 
3BluEyedBabies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PA
Software: GIMP
Camera: Canon Power Shot SX260
Posts: 2,095
Points: 4,912
2016 Challenges??

Happy New Year, Mousescrappers!!

I've been stalking the forums looking for some new challenges. Are there any in the works??
__________________
I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Ears Carousel horse Jungle Cruise Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat Earful Tower It\'s a Small World Monorail Mouse Ears

3BluEyedBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2016, 06:08 PM   #2
pixleyyy
Feeling like a kid again on Tom Sawyer Island
 
pixleyyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Oregon
Software: PS CC
Camera: Nikon d7000
Posts: 1,104
Points: 6,092
It's been pretty slow on the challenge forums lately. I'd certainly love to see us gain momentum again.
__________________
ANNETTE
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Sorcerer\'s Hat Expedition Everest Carousel horse Cheshire Cat 1 It\'s a Small World Mouse Ears Teacups Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Earful Tower Captain EO Star Tours

pixleyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:56 AM   #3
Carolc
Administrator
 
Carolc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: So Cal
Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Posts: 5,449
Points: 77,840
Some people are starting to create new goals for 2016 (or continue their 2015 goals if they didn't finish), and they do look to the challenges for motivation to get things done. So, hopefully we'll see a little pickup in activity soon. But yeah, things are very quiet (though I think it is easier for some people to respond over FB, so there are little spurts of dialog in our 'Project 2015' group as well - if anyone wants to join that isn't already in it).

Melinda and I are also talking (at a high level) about the marathon. Not yet sure when it will be but we do want to have one again
__________________
Travel agent specializing in Disney Destinations
Magical Vacations, LLC


Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:06 PM   #4
sthompsonfoto
Going thru the EPCOT turnstiles
 
sthompsonfoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,438
Points: 5,852
Yeah for marathon planning!!!!! Lets shoot for NOT the weekend of March 19-20!! LOL!! Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you out in your planning. I LOVE marathon weekend!!!

As for challenges, I don't mind hosting them but I hate asking for PPs from people, I feel pushy! So if people want to contribute them I am happy to host!
__________________
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

sthompsonfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:02 AM   #5
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder
 
tinkerbell1112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Software: Creative Memories
Camera: Nikon D3300, Olympus TG-3, Sony, and my phone - Samsung S6
Posts: 3,933
Points: 11,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthompsonfoto View Post
Yeah for marathon planning!!!!! Lets shoot for NOT the weekend of March 19-20!! LOL!! Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you out in your planning. I LOVE marathon weekend!!!

As for challenges, I don't mind hosting them but I hate asking for PPs from people, I feel pushy! So if people want to contribute them I am happy to host!
I'm in the same boat about pp - I love to host the challenges, but struggle finding pps. Do we have a list of designers that hosts could contact? I always end up asking the same 2 or 3 people.
__________________
Magical Express Minnie\'s Bow Contemporary Resort 1 Pirate Ears Star Tours D23 Member Monorail Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 2 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Expedition Everest I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Christmas Tree Turkey Anna Carol helped me book my vacation! Elsa Olaf Sven Ive met another MouseScrapper

tinkerbell1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 05:56 PM   #6
snowdrop
Moderator
 
snowdrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
Posts: 3,498
Points: 35,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
Melinda and I are also talking (at a high level) about the marathon. Not yet sure when it will be but we do want to have one again
Yay! Can't wait!
__________________

See the over 290 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2018)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:46 PM   #7
DianeInOz
Enjoying a baguette by the fountains of France
 
DianeInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: MA
Software: adobe elements 13
Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XSi
Posts: 1,866
Points: 3,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
Some people are starting to create new goals for 2016 (or continue their 2015 goals if they didn't finish), and they do look to the challenges for motivation to get things done. So, hopefully we'll see a little pickup in activity soon. But yeah, things are very quiet (though I think it is easier for some people to respond over FB, so there are little spurts of dialog in our 'Project 2015' group as well - if anyone wants to join that isn't already in it).

Melinda and I are also talking (at a high level) about the marathon. Not yet sure when it will be but we do want to have one again
What is the marathon?
__________________


DianeInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:28 AM   #8
snowdrop
Moderator
 
snowdrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
Posts: 3,498
Points: 35,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeInOz View Post
What is the marathon?
It's a weekend of speed scraps! Last year there were 15, and along with the usual participation prize if you finished the SS in time, you also could get different grab bags of prizes depending on how many you finished during the weekend. It's LOTS of fun, I scrapped more that weekend than I had the last 2 years combined, and I think it's what kicked off me scrapping more last year.

Here's last year's speed scrap marathon section if you want to see how it worked
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...lay.php?f=9747
__________________

See the over 290 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2018)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:37 AM   #9
DianeInOz
Enjoying a baguette by the fountains of France
 
DianeInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: MA
Software: adobe elements 13
Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XSi
Posts: 1,866
Points: 3,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdrop View Post
It's a weekend of speed scraps! Last year there were 15, and along with the usual participation prize if you finished the SS in time, you also could get different grab bags of prizes depending on how many you finished during the weekend. It's LOTS of fun, I scrapped more that weekend than I had the last 2 years combined, and I think it's what kicked off me scrapping more last year.

Here's last year's speed scrap marathon section if you want to see how it worked
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...lay.php?f=9747
Looks fun! I will be looking for more news!!
__________________


DianeInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 07:32 AM   #10
meagan43
Shooting the Breeze with Crush
 
meagan43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Software: Creative Memories Storybook Creator
Camera: Nikon D3000, Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS, whatever else I can find to use :)
Posts: 1,583
Points: 5,434
I love me some challenges for sure. When there isn't much activity in the forum, I forget to come look.
I know we currently have a template challenge (I talked one of my designers to make a template for it) and a weekly challenge w/pp from Magical Scraps Galore.

I would love to have a January SS. Do we have one scheduled??

Looking forward to the Marathon!! (and am happy to help host a SS or Marathon event)
__________________
Meagan


my blog:
http://meaganshowto.blogspot.com/
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

meagan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:58 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

© Copyright 2009 - 2018 MouseScrappers.com, All rights reserved.
MouseScrappers.com is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries.
Visit Disney's official web site at Disney.com As to Disney artwork, logos and properties: © Disney
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger