MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Tutorials > Tutorial requests
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 04-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
This Dixie Pixie
E Ticket Holder

Magnetic Lasso tool and Magnetic Polygonal tool tutorial?

Does anybody have a Magnetic Lasso tool and Magnetic Polygonal tool For Dummies tutorial? Whenever I use one of them I usually end up not being able to stop it so it just keeps adhering to stuff I don't want it to or cutting whatever I want to surround apart.
I link to MouseScrappers! Monorail Speed Scrapper! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Mouse Ears Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Canada Rocket Jets Sorcerer\'s Hat I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Bow Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Cheshire Cat 1 Carousel horse Star Tours Captain EO Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Shoe Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Mickeys shoe Pop Century Jungle Cruise Skyway United States of America Pirate Dog Teacups

This Dixie Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
wlovesthemouse
Looking for pirates and ghosts in New Orleans Square

Software: Memory Mixer & photoshop
Camera: Nikon D90 and Nikon D7000
Hi,
I don't know if this will help... but... check out the new thread called "what would you like to see as video" (or something similar)... its a new thread based on what people would like to learn.

Other than that - I'd like to know too....

Wendy

wlovesthemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
PrincessTiff
Having breakfast at Chef Mickey's

I have the same problem, so frustrating! Hopefully someone that knows how to use it will post.
Pirate Ears Monorail United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat Earful Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Pirate Dog Cheshire Cat 1 Expedition Everest Pirate Flag Contemporary Resort 1 Heart

PrincessTiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #4
roxana
Checking out, and taking Magical Express back to MCO

Software: CS5
Camera: Canon
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Dixie Pixie View Post
Does anybody have a Magnetic Lasso tool and Magnetic Polygonal tool For Dummies tutorial? Whenever I use one of them I usually end up not being able to stop it so it just keeps adhering to stuff I don't want it to or cutting whatever I want to surround apart.
Guess you should use the Pen tool or maybe add a mask layer so if you mess up you can go back , after I learned about these I dont use the Magnetic tools almost anymore.

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

roxana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
roxana
Checking out, and taking Magical Express back to MCO

Software: CS5
And in ScrapMatters there are some tuts for the pen tool: http://scrapmatters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20673 post#1 this for extractions and another for recoloring: http://scrapmatters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16854

And here one for blendings adding a layer mask: http://scrapmatters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19757

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

roxana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:40 AM   #6
nadauh
Trekking along the Maharajah trail

Software: Photoshop CS4, PSP and Vizros plugin
What you have to do is place the last connectionpoint (just click) on top of the first point (the place you've got started). When you do that you got marching ants and it's selected. I hope I was clear! Let me know when you need more help!

nadauh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:36 AM   #7
WDW Scrap Princess
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6~PSE10~SBC
Camera: Nikon D3300
I have the same problem Donna! The tutorials look good. I have try them!
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Carousel horse Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Monorail Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag I love DCL! Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Teresa! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cutester Minnie Dale Bambi

WDW Scrap Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #8
leslie_537
E Ticket Holder

Software: Phtoshop CS 4
Camera: Nikon D40
I don't have a turtorial but I can say once I mastered it, I do it now without thinking about it. I also use a wacom bamboo tablet not the mouse.
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Mouse Ears United States of America Mickey Pumpkin Monorail Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie\'s Bow Teacups Star Tours Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Mickey\'s shorts Skyway Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Pirate Dog It\'s a Small World Thanks for making MouseScrappers a better place Leslie! Carousel horse Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Cheshire Cat 1 Pirate Flag Sorcerer\'s Hat

leslie_537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #9
iheartdisneypins
On Casey Jr, going 'round the track

Software: Photoshop
Camera: iPhone 6
I have this as #1 on my list to make a video tut for you. I've been working every day for the past few weeks, I have some free days coming up at the end of the month. What are you all trying to select? People, objects? Let me know and I'll pick some photos for the tutorial to match what you are doing.

Melissa
Adobe Certified Instructor
inspire-me.com
cyberelement.com
I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag Disney Vacation Club Member Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Contemporary Resort 1 Boardwalk 1 Star Tours Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears Big Eyes Grumpy Captain EO Magical Express Contemporary Resort 2 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland)

iheartdisneypins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #10
wlovesthemouse
Looking for pirates and ghosts in New Orleans Square

Software: Memory Mixer & photoshop
Camera: Nikon D90 and Nikon D7000
All I know how to do in Photoshop (version 9) is...

* make a globe (thanks to the links on this forum !)
* do "out of bounds" (by following the step by step guide in photoshop v9)
* adding reflection (thanks to the step by step guide in photoshop v9)
* create clipping mask to a shape
* use the cookie cutter for the shapes provided in the program
* use the "stamp clone" and "Spot Healing Brush"

Other than that, I don't know how to use much of anything else. I'm trying to learn it all (oh, and I should add, this is my very first "photoshop" product that we have EVER owned !)

I'm such a newbie at photoshop. Any and all assistance with all of it would be really appreciated.

Wendy

wlovesthemouse is offline   Reply With Quote