MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
Kramer.zoo
Taking the boat to the Studios

Software: PSE 10
Camera: Nikon D3000
Weekly Challenge #169

Sooooo...Who's ready for a new weekly challenge after a super duper Speed Scrap Marathon?!?!?!?
Not me...that's for sure...hahaha

Alrighty...here's a little incentive to get back to some scrappin' this weekend....

Your PP is.....

Isn't it fabulous?!?!? Created by Michelle (Msbagley) from Mad For the Mouse. She's opening shop and has some fabulous products...Make sure you and check it out at her blog, Made For the Mouse

Until then...HERE'S YOUR CHALLENGE:
I know that when we scrap so fast, we can end up with a LO that we want to change up or re-do...So your challenge is to pick a LO from your gallery that you would like to finish or re-do. You can add some journaling, change the pictures, add more embellishments, or use of template...

Of course, if you are completely in love with all your LOs from the marathon, the alternate challenge would be to pick your favorite LO from the gallery and lift it.

Easy peasy, right???

Remember a few guidelines for a Weekly Challenge:
1. Layout should be uploaded to the MouseScrappers Gallery in the Weekly Challenge category.
2. Your layout needs to be posted in the appropriate venue/attractions thread on the forum. If you have a Character meet & greet layout, please post it in the appropriate thread in the Character Encounters section!
3. Come back to this thread and leave a link to your LO in the gallery AND a link to where you posted your LO in the venue/attractions thread by January 29th, 11:59pm PST (2:59am EST)
4. You aren't required to leave love, but it is always nice. If someone leaves you a comment, please comment on their layout as well.

I can't wait to see what you all create!! Enjoy!!

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Mexico Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pumpkin Mickey Pooh Beast Confetti Cupcake Pete

Last edited by Kramer.zoo; 01-25-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 05:56 AM   #2
roxana
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS5
Camera: Canon
Who needs a template? LOL

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

Old 01-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
scrappinnewbie
E Ticket Holder

Software: SBC+3.0
Camera: Cannon Rebel XTi
Perfect challenge, Jessica! I have seen MANY lovely LO's from the marathon that just scream for to be scraplifted. I can't wait to look more into the gallery this weekend, add some lovely pages to my favorites, play Game #2 and #3 and scraplift .

WOOT! I'm all over this!

Thanks for hosting!

Melinda
Mouse Ears United States of America Minnie\'s Shoe Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Melinda! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Teacups Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Panda Germany R2-D2 Pigglet 1 Carol helped me book my vacation! Big Thunder Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

Old 01-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
momeee
Enjoying Wishes from the Pirate and Pals Cruise

Software: Photoshop Elements 6 (so old I know!)
Weekly Challenge #169

I'm so glad I discovered all of the challenges you guys have! After that weekend of Speed Scrapping (my first ever!) I got totally hooked on the challenge concept. I've already completed my book from this trip so this gives me a reason to keep scrapping (even if it's the same pics over and over again!).

Here's my redo of Speed Scrap #135...I definitely had some things I wanted to change and I like it much better now!

Also posted here: http://mousescrappers.com/forums/sho...&postcount=299
Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Captain EO Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

Old 01-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #5
tukogirl

Thanks so much for the fun challenge! I knew exactly what I wanted to do to tweak these two pages so that they flowed together better.

Original pages:

I put the title on the left page higher so it would be more of the focus, and changed it to a banner to match the other word art. Moved word art down on right page. made the staples holding the day strips smaller. Changed the font on the day strips and made it smaller. Changed the scale of a couple clusters so it matched the scale of the others better. Made the larger pic on the right page the same size as all of the others. Moved everything on the left page more toward the center to better match the right side. Double checked my journaling and found a few mistakes. Guess I didn't know how to spell Pavilion lol!!

A lot of little changes but I think it really made the two pages flow together much better.

Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

Last edited by tukogirl; 01-23-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
KristinP
Singing along with the children on the happiest cruise that ever sailed

Main Street Balloons

Thanks for the challenge. I had been thinking about changing this page for a while now

Original:

New:

In the original, I loved the sunburst, but wasn't happy with the flow of the rest of the pager after I completed the challenge. In the new version I changed the red paper to blue to match my son's shirt. I took out some elements and added white mickey heads scattered around the page. I changed the blended photo (which didn't look quite right with the sunburst) to a regular photo. I kept the Mickey profile that matched the one in Joshua's shirt in the top left corner but added a stitched frame around it. I removed the smaller one standing beside him. I'm happier now

Also posted here:http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...316#post128316
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Canada Cheshire Cat 1 Rocket Jets Mouse Ears Christmas Tree

Old 01-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #7
Chays52
Watching the kids play in a bug's land

Software: Elements 11
I am still so new to this and with challenge 126 being my first one I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into

Here is the original:

and here is the new version. I used the same kit and most of the same embellishments. I used a template this time to help me compose my layout.:

Click for credits

Old 01-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
Kramer.zoo
Taking the boat to the Studios

Software: PSE 10
Camera: Nikon D3000
Love your re-do, ladies!!

I have just updated this post with the PP for this challenge from Msbagley over at Mad About the House.

Check post #1 to see what you are scrappin' for!

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Mexico Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pumpkin Mickey Pooh Beast Confetti Cupcake Pete

Old 01-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #9
alclark11
Blasting through Space Mountain

Software: CM Storybook Creator Plus
Camera: Canon Powershot SX20 is

I updated my pages from Speed Scrap Challenges 126 and 128 to make them work together as a 2-page spread (and to remove some of the required elements that I felt made the pages too busy). The right-hand page was to have only scenery,no people, and I really wanted to add the picture with my kids, so I did that, too. I also changed my title so that I could use a paper piecing that I have (made it into a png image) since I am doing this album digitally rather than traditionally.
Also posted in the forum here.

Thanks for the great (and easy) challenge! Made me get back in and re-work layouts I wasn't completely happy with. I think I'll go back in and re-work the others.

Last edited by alclark11; 01-25-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #10
roxana
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS5
Camera: Canon
Thanks for the challenge Jessica, I thought this LO from ss133 (that by coincidence was hosted by Michelle) was OK but just too simple, so added some few elements and pics and I think it now matches better its right side from ss140. Thanks for hosting and thanks Michelle for another cute PP!

Original:

New one:

Also posted: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...432#post128432

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

Closed Thread