MouseScrappers.com

MouseScrappers.com (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Design Challenges (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9715)
-   -   Design Challenge #21 - May 2015 - COLORS (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15095)

frogfish 05-04-2015 08:53 AM

Design Challenge #21 - May 2015 - COLORS
 
Color Swatch for Design Challenge #21 - May 2015

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5oy49l3q.png

Hex Codes: #cbe6dd, #e6df82, #ffdfdb, #faca70, #f58a70, #a07157

This color palette was sent in by Lisa (Chef Minnie Mouse)! :yeah:

This will be a ONE month challenge.

Deadline - Friday, May 29 (by 11:59pm CST)
Reveal and Blog Hop on Friday, June 12.

There will be two weeks between the submission due date and the reveal/blog hop to give you and the CT some time to do sample layouts before the kit goes in the MS store.

As you are planning your contribution, please look through the things others are making so the kit doesn't have a lot of duplicate items. We want this kit to have tons of variety! Try something new, learn a new technique, and stretch your boundaries a little! Check out this thread for resources, tutorials, tips, and tricks for designers.

We would like to include two templates in this kit. A PhotoShop template with at least 25 layers will fulfill the minimum submission requirement. You should submit both a layered PhotoShop document and untrimmed PNG files named 1,2,3,4,5,etc. The first two people to send me a PM indicating a desire to create a template for this month’s challenge will be listed below.

Template 1: Neverland Scraps
Template 2: frogfish

Submission Guidelines:
  • Submissions can be any combination of papers, individual elements (such as ribbons, scatters, frames, etc), word art, alphas, and clusters. The minimum number of unique items is 5; the maximum number of unique items is 25. The same paper/element in different colors counts as one. A full alpha fulfills the minimum requirement. Although you may submit any combination of items you want, we would prefer to see themed mini kits (which include a combination of papers, elements, and possibly a coordinating alpha).
  • All papers and elements MUST use the provided color swatch—you can use any shade (darker or lighter) of the chosen colors. You may also use these neutral colors: black, white, shades of gray, brown, silver, gold, and green (when used for foliage only).
  • You may not submit items for which you do not hold the copyright. If you use fonts, overlays, elements, etc. to create your items they must be labeled for commercial use (CU) and if their terms require, include with your submission a statement that gives proper credit.
  • You must include a TOU/copyright notice in your submission. A basic fill-in-the-blank TOU can be found here if you don’t have one of your own.
  • There is no mb maximum for submissions, but please make sure you are sizing a saving your items according to the following guidelines.
    • Papers should be:
      • 12”x12” 300dpi (which is 3600pixels x 3600pixels),
      • Saved as a JPG file that is about 3mb.
        • In Photoshop, after clicking on the “Save As” button, enter the desired file name and select “JPG” from the dropdown menu; click on “OK”. A popup screen should appear entitled “JPG Options”; change the quality value to “8” and click on “OK”. Saving the file with a value of “8 or 10” for quality will ensure it is the correct size (approx. 3mb).
    • Elements/Alphas should be:
      • Sized appropriately for a 12”x12” 300dpi layout; make your items the same size you would want them to be when creating a layout. For example: 12"x12" is not a reasonable size for flower elements; 2"x2" is more appropriate,
      • Trimmed so there is a minimal amount of blank canvas around the item,
      • Saved as a PNG file—the file size (mb) will vary based on the size (inches) of the element.
    • A preview of your submission is required. It should be:
      • 600pixels x 600pixels 72dpi,
      • It must minimally include your name (the one you used to save the files) and pictures of the items that you created for the challenge,
      • Previews may be as basic or elaborate as you want them to be.
        • A basic preview would tile the papers and/or line up the elements,
        • A more elaborate preview would arrange papers and/or elements in a more creative manner—as designers do to advertise their kits.
Some quality issues to pay attention to are listed below. If you have questions about what these things are or how to prevent/fix them, please ask! Everyone can benefit from adhering to these bullet points.
  • Do not pre-shadow elements or elements on papers.
  • Make sure paper textures aren’t blurry at 100%.
  • Check that elements are not cut off or missing parts.
  • When extracting or creating elements, be sure the edges are not jagged. Do NOT use the paint bucket tool to recolor elements--you will get jagged edges every time!
  • After creating a paper or element, check to be sure it is in gamut.
You can find more information on QC issues here.

IMPORTANT:
You may NOT include:
  • Any items trademarked or copyrighted by Disney. This includes but is not limited to names, words, song lyrics, and phrases (for example, you cannot create word art that says “Cinderella”, “Splash Mountain”, “Pop Century”, etc.).
  • Photos, clipart, silhouettes, etc. of Disney characters—no Mickey heads either!
  • Park, attraction, resort, restaurant, or movie signage/symbols/logos.
  • Photos of buildings/structures on Disney property.
  • Elements that are too similar to images copyrighted by Disney (for example: you may create a turtle that has similar coloration as Crush, but you may not create one with the same markings, eyes, expression, etc).
Your papers/elements should be useful for Disney layouts without infringing on the copyrights that Disney has on its characters, movies, parks, rides, attractions, etc.
The following website has a searchable database where you can look to see if a name/phrase is trademarked: http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp

*** If there are any questions about minimum requirements or copyright infringement, please ask. ***

Files and Zipped Folder(s):
Naming your files:
Your MS username_DC#_element type_description
Paper Example: MMouse_DC50_paper_green.jpg
Element Example: MMouse_DC50_button_red.png
Alpha Example: MMouse_DC50_alpha_uppercase_A.png
Naming your folder(s):
Your MS username_DC#
Example: MMouse_DC50
If your username is longer than 8 characters, please use an abbreviation. Avoid using spaces anywhere in the file/folder name. If you design under a different name, you may use that name instead of your MouseScrappers name.
Please limit the size of each zipped folder to 50mb. If your submission is larger than 50 mb, please split it into separate zipped folders to help control download times. If you have more than one zipped folder, name them in this manner:
Your MS username_DC#_folderletter
Example: MMouse_DC50_A & MMouse_DC50_B
To zip files place all your elements and a TOU inside a folder, then zip that folder. This is automatically creates a folder containing your files in whatever folder the user unzips to.
There are many ways to compress (zip) a folder. You can use a program such as WINZIP/WINRAR or, if you are on a Windows operating system, there is a utility built into Windows that you can use.
  • Right click on the folder containing your items and select “Send To”. Click on “Compressed (zipped) folder”. A new folder will be created in the same directory with the same name but it will be compressed (zipped).

Uploading Submissions:
We will be utilizing DropITtoME to collect submissions this month. When you are ready to submit you items, send frogfish (Christina) a PM for the link and password. Don't worry, it's super easy and I will receive your submission immediately (no waiting to download).

Disclaimer:
The completed kit will be added to the MouseScrappers store for anyone to purchase. All proceeds from the sale of the kit will be used to keep MouseScrappers running. Every month you participate in this challenge, you will receive the resulting design challenge collaboration kit (for that month) free of charge, but will receive no compensation (monetary or otherwise) for your submission to the challenge or for the sale of the collaboration kit. Any and all proceeds from the sale of the completed kit go to MouseScrappers. Copyright of your submission remains with you.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. You DON'T have to be a designer; anyone can do this! The more people who participate, the bigger the monthly kit will be!

Chef Minnie Mouse 05-04-2015 09:42 AM

Oh I am so glad the challenge is back! I love this challenge. I will make something tiki/beach related. :yeah:

Pooh46 05-05-2015 12:58 AM

I'll make a Cinderella mini kit.

Murmer 05-05-2015 05:13 PM

I'll do something flower garden festival...unless you need a template.

larkd 05-05-2015 05:17 PM

I'm thinking Tea Party

shahar29 05-06-2015 10:33 AM

I'm having a HARD time coming up with an idea - but I'll keep thinking and get something put together! :)

shahar29 05-06-2015 09:47 PM

Ok, I think I've come up with it - I'm going to do Sleeping Beauty/Aurora!

MJAJmom 05-08-2015 03:25 PM

I'll be playing this month. I'll do something with Carsland.

smileygirl 05-09-2015 09:53 AM

I'm going to try to do something pooh.

Neverland Scraps 05-11-2015 07:58 PM

If I can find time, I'd like to do a retro 50's mini :eek:
I do not think I'll be able to finish my portion by Friday.
I have the papers done, but I can't find the time right now to sit down and do the elements. :(

Pooh46 05-12-2015 09:24 AM

Christina...I just uploaded 2 files for you, A & B. I got an error message while uploading so wasn't sure if it went through or not so I tried again. You may have gotten duplicates, in which case, delete the extras. You should have 2 files from me, A & B. I leave for WDW on Thursday, the 14th and will be gone until the 27th. I'll still have time before the deadline when I get back to fix anything. So, please let me know before then. I will participate in the blog hop, also.

Chef Minnie Mouse 05-19-2015 12:15 PM

Christina I just sent you three files. Please let me know if there is a problem. I will participate in the blog hop.

Murmer 05-27-2015 02:47 PM

I uploaded a mini kit....but my hard drive crashed so this was the recovered version...let me know if there is a problem...I would also like to join the blog hop.

Wahoomrm 05-27-2015 08:05 PM

Christina ~ I just uploaded a file MSDC21-CaliforniaBoardwalk and realized I didn't put my username in the zip. If you like, you can change the zip file to MSDC21-CaliforniaBoardwalk-Wahoomrm.
Thanks for hosting another challenge!

Neverland Scraps 05-28-2015 08:00 AM

I'm not going to be able to finish my portion before tomorrow's end of day. I will do one template, if no one else signs up for a second template, I'll do both templates. Is that okay? :wave:

MJAJmom 05-28-2015 06:54 PM

I uploaded one file to you. I will also participate in the blog hop.

Murmer 05-28-2015 07:12 PM

I will not be doing the blog hop :(...sadly my EHD died, and while I have a backup it has taken over 6 days so far to restore and the end does not appear to be in sight, its where all of my digi-supplies are located so I am kinda out of it until it finishes.

Romajo 05-29-2015 04:22 AM

My part is almost finished... Need to do some more elements.
For some reason I got distracted by some Disney Vlogs... LOL. ;) (Now I want to go back...).

larkd 05-29-2015 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larkd (Post 157220)
I'm thinking Tea Party

Have been out of town and just realized today is the 29th. I will not be able to get my Tea Party kit done. Sorry

Romajo 05-29-2015 02:01 PM

Just finished some... at least it's more than the alpha(s) I have done the last few times... now it has 6 papers and 20 elements on top of a full alpha! Yay!
Going to send you the links, Christina! :D Thanks again for hosting.

shahar29 05-30-2015 11:47 AM

Oh no! I had this as due today - the 30th! I will package it up and send it on in case I can still sneak in!!!

Neverland Scraps 05-30-2015 12:19 PM

I just sent you a message to get the login details to upload my template. But I have my template done, awaiting conversion to .page and login details.

shahar29 05-30-2015 11:51 PM

Hey Christina -

I just uploaded my file to you at Drop it to Me - hope I can still be added to the general challenge and the blog hop list as well. My blog is -

https://mom2aprincess.wordpress.com/

Romajo 06-05-2015 01:07 PM

Did you get my part? I had sent it to you last week (I think), but haven't heard back.
Of course I join in the bloghop as well! ;)

frogfish 06-06-2015 01:48 PM

Here is information on the DC21 submissions and blog hop. You will be getting PMs from me this afternoon as well :)

Submissions from:
Pooh46
Chef Minnie Mouse
Neverland Scraps
MJAJmom
Murmer
Wahoomrm
Romajo
Frogfish
Shahar29


Blog hop line up:
Pooh46: http://bookladydesigns.blogspot.com/
Chef Minnie Mouse: http://lisacampbelldesigns.blogspot.com/
Neverland Scraps: http://www.neverlandscraps.blogspot.com/
MJAJmom: http://www.mjajdesigns.blogspot.com/
Romajo: http://romajoscrap.blogspot.nl/
Frogfish: http://onehopworkshop.com/freebies-a...ial-offers.php
Shahar29: http://mom2aprincess.wordpress.com/

Please let me know if I'm missing anything or if something needs to be changed. Thank you all!

Romajo 06-08-2015 07:52 AM

Have you sent out the PM's already? I didn't get it...
I see you have me listed, that means that you got my part, yay!

shahar29 06-08-2015 10:17 AM

I didn't get a PM either - but SO glad you got my submission! :)

frogfish 06-09-2015 06:09 AM

You should have your PMs now. Sorry!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Copyright 2009 - 2024 MouseScrappers.com, All rights reserved.
MouseScrappers.com is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries.
Visit Disney's official web site at Disney.com As to Disney artwork, logos and properties: © Disney
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger