MouseScrappers.com

MouseScrappers.com (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016 SPEED SCRAP MARATHON (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9754)
-   -   Chit Chat for 2016 Speed Scrap Marathon (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15599)

tinkerbell1112 03-24-2016 02:56 PM

Chit Chat for 2016 Speed Scrap Marathon
 
:mickey: April 1-3 is quickly approaching! yay :hooray:

Let's use this thread to get all excited.

Do you have any goals for the weekend?

Is this your first time playing along with us?

How many years have you participated in??!!

Has everyone seen the new chat feature we have and how to get invited?!

If you have any questions, post away!!

tinkerbell1112 03-24-2016 02:59 PM

I'll start off by saying I am totally owed a weekend without housework and kids - and that's because LAST weekend my husband totally decided to do a marathon binge watching of 13 episodes of Daredevil season 2 because it had just been released on Netflix. Even my daughter asked him why his hair was such a mess after he had sat in the chair for a few hours on end. LOL

I make out better though because I only had my daughter - my son was camping. My husband gets to be responsible for BOTH heehee

cantwait461308 03-24-2016 07:18 PM

Speed SCrap 2016
 
This will be my first ever speed scrap so any suggestions are welcomed! :-)

I have 6 week old son and a 5 year old daughter that I will be wrangling in the middle of it since my husband is working but we'll make do! So what if we eat PB&J for breakfast, lunch and dinner that week right? My son was in the hospital for the first two weeks of his life so I need a mental break more than a physical one I think!

Aussiegirl 03-24-2016 07:30 PM

I'm excited! However, I will be gone for a time on Sat! I am helping with a baby shower for my good friend from Church. But other than that, I plan on getting a bunch of pages done! There's a good and bad to that though...I'm getting low on Disney pages left for my album, and our next trip won't be for another 3 years. Although, I am trying to talk my husband into an Anniversary trip for next summer!

I spent some time today organizing my photos. Pulling out those I still need to scrap and placing them in a new document so they are ready to go!

Next, I need to organize my Disney kits again!

Hpgirl 03-24-2016 09:05 PM

My goal is to finish again this year! I've done the last few years (possibly all of them? I've lost most of the medals between hard drive transfers), so here's hoping to make this one work. I'm working all weekend, though, so I may not make it. I don't have my Sunday schedule yet, but I'm at Disney Junior all day Friday and roving all day Saturday, so I'll be dead-ish Saturday night. Depending on what I get scheduled Sunday, I may try to trade it for a shorter day, because ugh, a 10.5 hour shift the day before is brutal and I'd much rather be scrapping.

Although if anyone is running low on photos and wants some to play around with, let me know! My to-do list easily over 200 pages at this point, and I haven't been able to print books in the longest time because nothing is finished.

ewebwoman 03-25-2016 07:40 AM

Speed Scrap 2016
 
Last year was my first metal (for completing the minnie marathon since I could only do 10 of 15). I may only be able to do 10 again as I have to work but I'm going to try to get off on Friday. I want to work on my Disney cruise pictures from 2005. Most of that album is done but the cruise part (we spent 10 days in Florida and a Disney land/sea vacation). So that's my goal! Are we only having 14 this year?

DianeInOz 03-25-2016 11:57 AM

I have never done anything like this (on any site), so it is all new to me. Hope I can keep up with everything!

Murmer 03-25-2016 02:34 PM

this is my favorite weekend! I have all my photos organized for my April trip, my excel to keep track of what still needs to get done, and working on tagging kits (which I have been doing forever it feels like). This will be a great jump start to my April 2015 album I need to do.

ladyleopard1106 03-25-2016 04:25 PM

I actually completed last year's, so I'm hoping for a repeat pe for acne this year! I'm hoping there will be extended time to get them done because I'm running myself ragged with my dad being in the hospital and going to rehab starting tomorrow (the joys of being an only child). I'm hoping some of my aunts, uncles and cousins will step in to help out my mom because it's hard doing it all myself.

I also bought a bunch of new kits that I haven't used yet...can't wait to play with them next weekend!

tinkerbell1112 03-26-2016 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantwait461308 (Post 162482)
This will be my first ever speed scrap so any suggestions are welcomed! :-)

I have 6 week old son and a 5 year old daughter that I will be wrangling in the middle of it since my husband is working but we'll make do! So what if we eat PB&J for breakfast, lunch and dinner that week right? My son was in the hospital for the first two weeks of his life so I need a mental break more than a physical one I think!

First suggestion is to have fun! Second is that remember the lo doesn't have to be perfect. I often find myself doing the lo for the speed scrap, and then later I might go add another picture if I want to, or changing a title when I've had time to think about it a bit.

Also, if you have pictures organized in groups of numbers so you are ready to choose a 3 picture layout, that helps :)

I hope you have fun! And yes, sandwiches are fine and you sound like a busy busy Mom. You deserve a break and some fun :)

tinkerbell1112 03-26-2016 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussiegirl (Post 162483)
I'm excited! However, I will be gone for a time on Sat! I am helping with a baby shower for my good friend from Church. But other than that, I plan on getting a bunch of pages done! There's a good and bad to that though...I'm getting low on Disney pages left for my album, and our next trip won't be for another 3 years. Although, I am trying to talk my husband into an Anniversary trip for next summer!

I spent some time today organizing my photos. Pulling out those I still need to scrap and placing them in a new document so they are ready to go!

Next, I need to organize my Disney kits again!

I find myself hoarding ictures and not finishing albums when I don't have another trip planned. LOL. I currently have 2 trips (rundisney and cruise) to complete so I need to get moving :) )

doodlebugz3 03-26-2016 08:51 AM

This is my first ever Marthon but I've watched my BFF do it for years.... So I'm super excited...

tinkerbell1112 03-26-2016 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hpgirl (Post 162488)
My goal is to finish again this year! I've done the last few years (possibly all of them? I've lost most of the medals between hard drive transfers), so here's hoping to make this one work. I'm working all weekend, though, so I may not make it. I don't have my Sunday schedule yet, but I'm at Disney Junior all day Friday and roving all day Saturday, so I'll be dead-ish Saturday night. Depending on what I get scheduled Sunday, I may try to trade it for a shorter day, because ugh, a 10.5 hour shift the day before is brutal and I'd much rather be scrapping.

Although if anyone is running low on photos and wants some to play around with, let me know! My to-do list easily over 200 pages at this point, and I haven't been able to print books in the longest time because nothing is finished.

What do you mean you're at Disney Junior all day? Sounds tiring. (and loud!) LOL

tinkerbell1112 03-26-2016 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewebwoman (Post 162496)
Last year was my first metal (for completing the mini marathon since I could only do 10 of 15). I may only be able to do 10 again as I have to work but I'm going to try to get off on Friday. I want to work on my Disney cruise pictures from 2005. Most of that album is done but the cruise part (we spent 10 days in Florida and a Disney land/sea vacation). So that's my goal! Are we only having 14 this year?

Hi Debbie, yes - 14 this year. There will be a half goody bag and a full goody bag and then of course each ss will have it's own rules and pp for it! Lots of chances to play along!!

tinkerbell1112 03-26-2016 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeInOz (Post 162497)
I have never done anything like this (on any site), so it is all new to me. Hope I can keep up with everything!

it sounds intimidating but actually it's not as hard as it might seem - as long as you have some free time to play along. Hope you enjoy it!!

tinkerbell1112 03-26-2016 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murmer (Post 162508)
this is my favorite weekend! I have all my photos organized for my April trip, my excel to keep track of what still needs to get done, and working on tagging kits (which I have been doing forever it feels like). This will be a great jump start to my April 2015 album I need to do.

whoo hoo!!! I love this weekend too :yes:

tinkerbell1112 03-26-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyleopard1106 (Post 162517)
I actually completed last year's, so I'm hoping for a repeat pe for acne this year! I'm hoping there will be extended time to get them done because I'm running myself ragged with my dad being in the hospital and going to rehab starting tomorrow (the joys of being an only child). I'm hoping some of my aunts, uncles and cousins will step in to help out my mom because it's hard doing it all myself.

I also bought a bunch of new kits that I haven't used yet...can't wait to play with them next weekend!

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad - and how busy I'm sure it's keeping you! Hopefully you can find some time to play!!

tinkerbell1112 03-26-2016 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doodlebugz3 (Post 162560)
This is my first ever Marthon but I've watched my BFF do it for years.... So I'm super excited...

yay! Glad you get to play along this year. :hooray:

Hpgirl 03-26-2016 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinkerbell1112 (Post 162567)
What do you mean you're at Disney Junior all day? Sounds tiring. (and loud!) LOL

I open and close with the Junior characters over at DHS. It's a fun day, but a lot of screaming (both me and the kids).

Also, I just had to share, because I'm so excited - I finally got my schedule changed so I'm off Sundays from here on out! This means I'll definitely be able to finish the marathon.

cmtscrap 03-27-2016 10:21 AM

I HATE that I am going to miss another Marathon, but I'll be thinking of y'all while I'm on the Disney Magic. We'll be at my mother's on April 2nd so maybe I can sneak in a Speed Scrap or two.

tinkerbell1112 03-27-2016 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hpgirl (Post 162579)
I open and close with the Junior characters over at DHS. It's a fun day, but a lot of screaming (both me and the kids).

Also, I just had to share, because I'm so excited - I finally got my schedule changed so I'm off Sundays from here on out! This means I'll definitely be able to finish the marathon.

yay!! That's great!

tinkerbell1112 03-27-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmtscrap (Post 162580)
I HATE that I am going to miss another Marathon, but I'll be thinking of y'all while I'm on the Disney Magic. We'll be at my mother's on April 2nd so maybe I can sneak in a Speed Scrap or two.

oh bummer. But I think I'd choose the Magic myself. LOL. just more fun pictures for you to scrap when you're back!

Murmer 03-28-2016 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmtscrap (Post 162580)
I HATE that I am going to miss another Marathon, but I'll be thinking of y'all while I'm on the Disney Magic. We'll be at my mother's on April 2nd so maybe I can sneak in a Speed Scrap or two.

You could always pay for the expensive internet just to play along, as if you have nothing else to do while on a Disney cruise :) ...enjoy your cruise! Hopefully you can join in before the trip.

tinkerbell1112 03-28-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murmer (Post 162598)
You could always pay for the expensive internet just to play along, as if you have nothing else to do while on a Disney cruise :) ...enjoy your cruise! Hopefully you can join in before the trip.

Lol. It it pricey!!!

scrapperella 03-28-2016 03:05 PM

Newbie and goals
 
Hello! Newbie here... My goal is to begin pre-constructing a few layouts before we leave for 9 days at WDW in May. This is my first-ever marathon and I'm a little intimidated to say the least!:yeah:

Therapy97 03-29-2016 06:22 AM

You guys draw me back every year for this. I will always credit the MS speed scraps for helping me learn how to scrapbook creatively and outside the box. I am excited to see what I can get done this year... I didn't think I'd finish last year, but surprised myself. We'll see about this year. ;) I "think" I have only missed 1 year since I found you guys, only because I was on a Disney Cruise when it happened, so you can't fault me for that. LOL.

ewebwoman 03-29-2016 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmtscrap (Post 162580)
I HATE that I am going to miss another Marathon, but I'll be thinking of y'all while I'm on the Disney Magic. We'll be at my mother's on April 2nd so maybe I can sneak in a Speed Scrap or two.

Charlene, your talent will be missed! Have fun on the cruise! Take lots of new pics to scrap too! I took a vacation day on Friday so I could make the "WHOLE" marathon this year.

tinkerbell1112 03-29-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapperella (Post 162603)
Hello! Newbie here... My goal is to begin pre-constructing a few layouts before we leave for 9 days at WDW in May. This is my first-ever marathon and I'm a little intimidated to say the least!:yeah:

welcome! will you be doing digital or traditional?

Don't be intimidated. I would suggest you practice uploading your photos though. My very first posted layout was Jan 27, 2012 and it was for a speed scrap. It took me a bit to figure out how to post (it was literally my first EVER posted layout online. LOL). I almost missed the deadline because of it!

Once you have the hangout of uploading the layouts, then make sure you're familiar with the forums that are theme specific so you can also post your layout there (for example, a page about meeting Anna & Elsa would be uploaded in gallery but also posted here.

Have fun and if you need anything over the weekend, please feel free to reach out to me! :)

tinkerbell1112 03-29-2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therapy97 (Post 162615)
You guys draw me back every year for this. I will always credit the MS speed scraps for helping me learn how to scrapbook creatively and outside the box. I am excited to see what I can get done this year... I didn't think I'd finish last year, but surprised myself. We'll see about this year. ;) I "think" I have only missed 1 year since I found you guys, only because I was on a Disney Cruise when it happened, so you can't fault me for that. LOL.

Glad to see you back!! I'm always surprising myself as well. I think I have something on my calendar, but I always seem to carve out time :) Looking forward to seeing some layouts! post some cruise ones :) I have to finish my cruise!

tinkerbell1112 03-29-2016 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewebwoman (Post 162617)
Charlene, your talent will be missed! Have fun on the cruise! Take lots of new pics to scrap too! I took a vacation day on Friday so I could make the "WHOLE" marathon this year.

LOL. I almost took a vacation day, and I'm still considering leaving early.:cool:

DianeInOz 03-29-2016 03:01 PM

How long do you usually have to finish a page? I was just asked to help with something on Saturday and it looks like I am going to be out for several hours, even though I had no plans!!!

sthompsonfoto 03-29-2016 03:07 PM

YEAR 3 for me, I think, maybe year 4, I'm not sure, I just know I get LOTS of pages done for the Marathon and have tons of fun and laughs in the chat rooms! Unfortunately I will miss most of the chats and am hoping for extra time to get the pages done so I can finish it. I have homeschool convention on Friday and Saturday ( again this year, last year I had 3 hours in the car on the way home with someone else driving and knocked out 2 days worth in 3 hours!! You talk about SPEED Scrapping!!) and my kids will just be back from spending 2 weeks with my Brother so... I could pretend like I am sick on Sunday and just stay held up in my bedroom with a computer to scrap or see my kids that I haven't seen in 2 weeks????? decisions, decisions!! :whistle:

tinkerbell1112 03-29-2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeInOz (Post 162630)
How long do you usually have to finish a page? I was just asked to help with something on Saturday and it looks like I am going to be out for several hours, even though I had no plans!!!

Each host establishes her own time to complete. I will tell you that when I host I try to take into account people who are overseas and might be sleeping when my chat is going on. So, considering my chat is afternoon, which is evening/night in Europe - I will most likely give a nice timeframe to complete in. But each host is different. I would say my gut tells me that the average is 3-4 hours. - but do NOT quote me on that. LOL

tinkerbell1112 03-29-2016 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sthompsonfoto (Post 162631)
YEAR 3 for me, I think, maybe year 4, I'm not sure, I just know I get LOTS of pages done for the Marathon and have tons of fun and laughs in the chat rooms! Unfortunately I will miss most of the chats and am hoping for extra time to get the pages done so I can finish it. I have homeschool convention on Friday and Saturday ( again this year, last year I had 3 hours in the car on the way home with someone else driving and knocked out 2 days worth in 3 hours!! You talk about SPEED Scrapping!!) and my kids will just be back from spending 2 weeks with my Brother so... I could pretend like I am sick on Sunday and just stay held up in my bedroom with a computer to scrap or see my kids that I haven't seen in 2 weeks????? decisions, decisions!! :whistle:

LOL. that is a bit difficult if you've not seen them in a couple weeks! The new chat room has a phone app, in case you have downtime you can log in and say hello :)

meagan43 03-29-2016 04:38 PM

I did my first Marathon in January 2012. It is my absolute favorite event of the year! I just love getting so many layouts done in a single weekend. They really push me not only to complete pages, but also to try something different. This year, I am pushing myself a new way by hosting for the first time. . . . Go easy on me. Mine will be Sunday morning. I will probably give 5 or 6 hours since I will have my own obligations - My daughter is in tech week for her Winnie the Pooh show that she will be in next week. Rehearsal every day this week starting Friday, of course!

I am proud to have finished the whole Marathon each year (not every individual SS, but getting them all done by the Monday due time).
Can't wait for the fun!

scrapperella 03-29-2016 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinkerbell1112 (Post 162619)
welcome! will you be doing digital or traditional?

Don't be intimidated. I would suggest you practice uploading your photos though. My very first posted layout was Jan 27, 2012 and it was for a speed scrap. It took me a bit to figure out how to post (it was literally my first EVER posted layout online. LOL). I almost missed the deadline because of it!

Once you have the hangout of uploading the layouts, then make sure you're familiar with the forums that are theme specific so you can also post your layout there (for example, a page about meeting Anna & Elsa would be uploaded in gallery but also posted here.

Have fun and if you need anything over the weekend, please feel free to reach out to me! :)

I plan on doing digital since time is not on my side at the moment.

luv2scrapmm 03-29-2016 05:51 PM

So sad I am going to miss this year as we will be out of town. Have fun everyone!

tinkerbell1112 03-29-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meagan43 (Post 162638)
I did my first Marathon in January 2012. It is my absolute favorite event of the year! I just love getting so many layouts done in a single weekend. They really push me not only to complete pages, but also to try something different. This year, I am pushing myself a new way by hosting for the first time. . . . Go easy on me. Mine will be Sunday morning. I will probably give 5 or 6 hours since I will have my own obligations - My daughter is in tech week for her Winnie the Pooh show that she will be in next week. Rehearsal every day this week starting Friday, of course!

I am proud to have finished the whole Marathon each year (not every individual SS, but getting them all done by the Monday due time).
Can't wait for the fun!

we did our first marathon together then! :) :yeah: You'll do great hosting! Not sure I'll be in that chat, but if we go to late service I might be :)

tinkerbell1112 03-29-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2scrapmm (Post 162641)
So sad I am going to miss this year as we will be out of town. Have fun everyone!

boo. sorry to hear it! I hope you have a good time where you are though!

snowdrop 03-29-2016 09:24 PM

I'm hosting the latest one on Saturday night, so I'm probably not king to have the deadline until the next morning. ;) it's my first SS hosting in years, I'm excited :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Copyright 2009 - 2024 MouseScrappers.com, All rights reserved.
MouseScrappers.com is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries.
Visit Disney's official web site at Disney.com As to Disney artwork, logos and properties: © Disney
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger