MouseScrappers.com

MouseScrappers.com (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help and Support (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9636)
-   -   Gallery help/guidelines (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3732)

Carolc 01-15-2010 07:24 AM

Gallery help/guidelines
 
Hey MouseScrappers!:wave:

We now have our very own Gallery! :yes: Here are some guidelines for using it:
  • To upload a photo, click on the "Upload Photos" link on the far right side of the blue Gallery nav bar
  • Category field: If it is for a challenge, use the appropriate 'Challenge' gallery. All other photos should go in the "Member Galleries" (this is the default)
  • Photo selection: Select the location of your photo by clicking on the 'Browse' button. You can choose a file from your computer, or you can enter a URL of an image from the Internet (e.g. if you already have it in your PhotoBucket and would like to copy it here, too)
    Note: the max dimensions are 600px x 600px. The max file size is 180kb
  • Title field: Enter a Title for your layout (otherwise the title will default to your filename, which may look kind of funny)
  • Description field: here is where you should add credits (required if your layout is digital, optional if your layout is traditional/paper) and any other comments you'd like to include about your photo. If you include your credits here, you do not also need to list the credits in the forum (as long as you use the linked image back to your photo in the gallery). Outside links to products is okay.
  • Keywords: optional

Click on the "Upload/Submit" button


Once your photo has been successfully uploaded, you will see some fields below the image. To easily grab a link to your photo, click once in the "Linked Image" field to highlight it (sometimes it will say something slightly different like "Medium Image"). Copy this entire string. Go to the appropriate forum and paste this in your post.

PLEASE DO NOT HOTLINK! (do not copy the linked image on other websites). See more information in this post


Please be sure to use a linked image in the forums area of MouseScrappers.com. It makes it easy for members to see your photo in the gallery in case they want to see the credits or 'leave love' (i.e. positive feedback) for you.:flowers:


Let me know if you have any questions.

Carol :wave:

PNWmom 01-15-2010 04:50 PM

Wow Carol you have been busy!

Carolc 01-17-2010 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PNWmom (Post 17759)
Wow Carol you have been busy!

And how! :surf: But I think all the work is making things better for the community.

Update:
I decided to change the directory name of the gallery. I opted for simplicity over the product name.

Before: http://www.MouseScrappers.com/photopost/index.php

After: http://www.MouseScrappers.com/photos/index.php

I went through both the database and the forums to find/fix all existing links pointing to the old directory. So a number of posts (esp in the Challenge 17 thread) will show 'Modified by Carolc' I think I fixed them all, but if you notice any missing images, it may be pointing to the wrong place.

I also put a link at the top of the page.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Carol

psugirl 01-18-2010 11:34 AM

I'm having trouble trying to upload my layout into the gallery. It keeps giving me an error message that the webpage is not available.

I'm a totally newbie when it comes to this so I tried to follow the directions very carefully...any idea what my problem could be?

Carolc 01-18-2010 12:01 PM

At what point do you see that error?

- Are you able to see the gallery?

- what happens when you click on the "upload photos" link? Are you taken to the upload page?

- Are you able to select a photo?

psugirl 01-18-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolc (Post 17903)
At what point do you see that error?

- Are you able to see the gallery?

- what happens when you click on the "upload photos" link? Are you taken to the upload page?

- Are you able to select a photo?

yes, I can do all of those things. When I click submit it tells me to wait and then after several moments the webpage not available page pops up.

Carolc 01-18-2010 12:53 PM

I'm unfortunately not able to recreate that error you are encountering.

- what operating system are you using?

- what browser are you using?

- what kind of internet connection do you have? (DSL, cable, dial-up...)

- how large of a photo are you trying to load? Maybe do a test with a really small image.

Maybe try logging out of MouseScrappers. Clear your cache. Reboot. Sign in and try again.

psugirl 01-18-2010 06:19 PM

OK, the size of the photo was totally the problem, thanks for suggesting that. I've not done this before so I wasn't thinking about saving the photo is a smaller size.

Thanks!!

QuiltyMom 01-22-2010 11:13 AM

Carol,

I'm having problems uploading to the gallery. I've saved my LOs at 600, but I'm getting an error message about them being too large. I'm afraid that if I save them any smaller they will be such poor quality that they'll be fuzzy.

Any suggestions?

Jan

Carolc 01-22-2010 11:45 AM

Jan,

How many KB's is your file?

QuiltyMom 01-23-2010 05:38 AM

One's 396 and one's 400, but they both measure 600x600. Let me experiment with something and I'll get back to you...

ETA - I figured it out. I had accidentally copied a link in my credits. I had forgotten to remove it, so it was talking about that, not the photo size.

Problem solved!

sullyntink 02-10-2010 01:21 PM

Carol,

I have tried repeatedly to upload a page today but have had no success. I even put it on my photobucket acct and have shrunk it to tiny but I keep getting a message that says my photo is too wide. My image from my computer is set at 72dpi, with 124 KB (127,015 bytes) listed as its size.

I have signed out and back on closed my browser and requested a new password also. I have been able to upload in the past with no problems, do you have any suggestions?

Thank you! Nancy

Carolc 02-10-2010 01:47 PM

Hi Nancy,

Send me a link to your photo on photobucket and I will take a look and try it out. :)

sullyntink 02-11-2010 04:20 AM

Here are the direct links:

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/z...ot-Page024.jpg

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/z...ot-Page025.jpg

Thank you, I am trying upload them to the Members Challenge for this week.

Carolc 02-11-2010 06:38 AM

Good morning Nancy,

I was able to upload your two photos to the weekly challenge gallery (you should see them in your photos). I did not encounter the error you did. Did you try uploading from your PC or did you try uploading from your Photobucket link? When the window opened up to 'browse' my computer, I simply pasted the links you gave me (a URL is an option... it doesn't have to be on your computer, which is nice). If you tried to upload from your computer, right click on the properties of one of them and tell me what the dimensions are.

Carol

sullyntink 02-12-2010 02:46 PM

Thank you for uploading them for me Carol. I tried to upload them directly from my computer initially then switched to photobucket. When I look at the properties for the pages both say 124kb, I don't see the dimensions here but when I saved it from the program I made sure it was under 600x600, I will go back to my Software program and find it. Maybe I was copying the wrong link on Photobucket? Which one should we use?

Carolc 02-12-2010 05:14 PM

Hi Nancy,

Sorry, I guess the right click doesn't work for all operating systems. :blush:

There are a few other ways you could look up the dimensions:
- If you use Microsoft Windows, open up the folder where the photo is stored ('My Pictures', for example). Hover over the image and see if information pops up. For my image in XP, for example, it shows 'Dimensions... Date Picture Taken...'. The dimension also shows in the very bottom gray bar of the screen.

- or -

- right click on your photo, select 'Open with' and choose your Internet browser (IE, for example). Once it is in the browser, you should be able to right click and select 'Properties'. The properties window in the browser should show the dimensions.

As far as copying from Photobucket, I clicked on the links you sent me. I copied the URL and pasted it in the upload field. So for the first one, I pasted 'http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/sullyntink/MomsDayatEpcot-Page024.jpg'

sullyntink 02-13-2010 11:05 AM

Well, the smallest my Storybook Creator Plus software will do is: 792x612 I have tried to get it smaller from the program so that I can upload directly but I cannot get it under 600. That's okay, I will just continue to use Photobucket, thank you for your help the last couple of days!

Carolc 02-13-2010 11:21 AM

I just changed a config option - it is suppose to resize without me incurring the disk space of the original file.

Can someone try it out? Try loading an image larger than 600x600 (but smaller than 180kb) and let me know what happens.

snowdrop 02-13-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolc (Post 18886)
I just changed a config option - it is suppose to resize without me incurring the disk space of the original file.

Can someone try it out? Try loading an image larger than 600x600 (but smaller than 180kb) and let me know what happens.


It looks like all the layouts have been resized to 225x225 in the gallery?

Carolc 02-13-2010 07:08 PM

Thanks, Heather. For a second I thought I lost everything :eek:

Remind me, when I'm tempted to change the option that says "Save and display medium and large images?" to 'no', remind me not to. :no: It needs to stay 'yes'.

I rebuilt the thumbnails and medium images... I think we are good now. Take a look.

:thanks:

snowdrop 02-13-2010 10:36 PM

Yep, looks back to normal :)

scrappycath 06-10-2010 05:36 AM

Um.... I don't have the "upload photo" button? Help!

Carolc 06-20-2010 08:30 AM

Sorry, I just noticed this. I think you have been able to upload now, but for those that don't see the Upload link, make sure you are logged in to the Gallery.

Sand 07-12-2010 11:09 AM

Double Lo or keep to posting singles?
 
Hi Carol!

Just wondering what is prefered when there is a double layout - post the double LO or stick to singles denoting the left and right in title?

if doubel LO ok then dimensions 600x300?

Please advise.

Thanks Carol! Hope all is going well.
Sandy

Carolc 07-12-2010 12:32 PM

Do you mean a 2-page layout? If so, I'd rather see one post with both pages side by side (no carriage return). I know some monitors won't show it, but some will.

If you look at this page, both Leslie and I have 2-page layouts. Though they appear one above the other on one of my PC's, they appear side by side on my laptop. Each half is linked to the gallery.

Does this answer your question?

AmyR0618 08-31-2010 10:23 AM

Hi Carol -

Can you tell me how to shrink the size of my layouts so that they meet the upload criteria? I am using Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Thanks,
Amy

Carolc 08-31-2010 10:36 AM

This is what works for me: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...+web#post25480 :)

wlovesthemouse 04-26-2011 04:23 PM

In my eagerness to post some of my layouts, I didn't put them into "albums", I just posted them. Since then I have posted more layouts, and was now wanting to sort them into albums. (ie, Suess Landing / Disneyland etc).

Once photos are posted, is there any way that I can edit my layouts in "my photos" so that I can reorganise them into specific albums?

Wendy

Carolc 04-26-2011 05:13 PM

Hi Wendy,

You can edit your photo by clicking the 'Photo Options' link to the far right of the screen (you may have to click on it twice), then click "Edit Photo" from the drop down menu - from here you can update your photo, including the category. HOWEVER - changing the category will unfortunately change the address of your image, so your images will no longer show in your posts (in the forums). So you'd have to go back and update your posts after you change the category. It's a hassle, I know - I'm sorry... this is one of the flaws of this software that we unfortunately have to live with.

I hope that makes sense - let me know if you need for me to try to explain it better.

wlovesthemouse 04-26-2011 08:40 PM

Carol,
Thank you so much... it has taken me ages, but I think I've done most of them... now all I have to do is repost some of them.

Thanks

JudyB 05-30-2011 05:27 AM

I was looking for a place on here that might show stuff other then pages that people have made. I went to "Special Projects" in the gallery and it said I have to have a password to view that. It may not even be what I am looking for, so can someone point me in the right direction? I am making a Disney photo box and wanted ideas. Also ideas for hand made autograph books and stuff like that. Do we have a section for that kind of stuff?

amordemar 01-25-2012 11:52 AM

User Photo Albums Help
 
Not sure if I'm posting this queston in the correct thread but it's worth a shot! :confused: I noticed the other day I can create my own "albums" - is there a way to put my LOs in both their current album and also in my own separate albums to help keep them organized? I.E. - I have one in the Monthly Kit Challenge gallery but I'd like to add it to my own album since it features a photo from that particular trip. Does that make sense? Anyway - I couldn't figure it out on my own so thought I'd ask. Thanks!

:cheshire_bounce:

Carolc 01-25-2012 12:29 PM

I just tested this out (by selecting kit challenge in the top drop down and one of your albums in the second drop down) and it put it in your album (so selecting an album seems to override the MS categories). So, it looks like the answer is 'no'. Sorry. It's been a few years since I set this up in PhotoPost, but this is starting to sound familiar. It's possible that there is a configuration setting that would allow users to add to more than one category - but I think I disabled it because of the design of the gallery software: instead of using database records to show what categories a photo is in, the program physically stores the photo in a folder corresponding to a category. This design creates heartburn for me in more ways than one... 1) if someone moves their photo from one category to another, the photo is physically moved in the file system but any image/hyperlink that points to the old photo category (folder) is now broken, and 2) if the user wants to put the photo in more than one category, it takes double the storage space because a copy of the photo will be physically put in each folder.

Sorry, that was a long-winded answer. :rolleyes: :blush: Nutshell - no, I don't think you can without me making a change that would impact how much storage the gallery uses. Sorry!

amordemar 01-25-2012 01:22 PM

toootally fine and understandable! :thumbsup: thanks for your quick response!

:cheshire_bounce:

golden1023 01-31-2012 08:38 AM

Hi Carol.

I participated in Britt's Speed Scrap over the weekend, and tried numerous times to get my picture to the #86 gallery. It says it has been uploaded but never shows up! I have shrunk it down, and made sure it can be seen on the correct threads (character encounter, etc.) and it can be, but won't upload to a gallery. Any suggestions on what in the world I am doing wrong! I followed every step you did on the step by step!

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/...age001-1-1.jpg

Thank you!!!

Carolc 01-31-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golden1023 (Post 97865)
Hi Carol.

I participated in Britt's Speed Scrap over the weekend, and tried numerous times to get my picture to the #86 gallery. It says it has been uploaded but never shows up! I have shrunk it down, and made sure it can be seen on the correct threads (character encounter, etc.) and it can be, but won't upload to a gallery. Any suggestions on what in the world I am doing wrong! I followed every step you did on the step by step!

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/...age001-1-1.jpg

Thank you!!!

Make sure it shows that you are signed into the gallery (sometimes that is an issue people have with the gallery). Try uploading one of your 600x600px images (with file size 180kb or less). If it gives you an error message, please tell me EXACTLY the wording of the error message. If you don't get an error message, what is the URL of the page it dumps you on and what does that page say?

Thanks!

Carolc 01-31-2012 09:28 AM

I was able to copy your image down to my computer and then upload it from there, so your image seems to be okay

http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...ap-Page001.jpg

golden1023 01-31-2012 10:22 AM

Well, when I got the upload notification on my email I checked and it was in the gallery. Over the speed scrap time, I did the same EXACT thing, and it told me it was "successfully uploaded" 12x!! and it was never in the gallery! Oh well I will send Britt a note! Thank you!!

holly 09-02-2012 04:13 PM

HELP!!
 
Okay, I cannot for the life of me find the "upload photos" link that is supposed to be on the right hand side of the page as it says in the FAQ. :confused: Can someone be more specific in helping me find the link?? Thanks so much!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Copyright 2009 - 2024 MouseScrappers.com, All rights reserved.
MouseScrappers.com is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries.
Visit Disney's official web site at Disney.com As to Disney artwork, logos and properties: © Disney
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger