![]() |
How To Recolor An Element
There are MANY different ways to recolor an element. I am gonna show you how I personally do it.
Using PSE 8, I open up the element that I would like to recolor: I am using this cute red arrow from Sahlin Studios "Enjoy The Moment" kit. http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/s...8at41020PM.jpg Once I have the element open, I am gonna create an Adjustment Layer. At the bottom of my layers palette there is a half grey/half white circle, click that circle. When you do, you will be given a list of different adjustment layers to create. You will want to choose the Hue/Saturation option: http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/s...8at41030PM.jpg When you choose the Hue/Saturation option, it will open up this diagram: http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/s...8at41038PM.jpg Those little sliders are what you will use to change the color of the element. Hue: Changes the color. Saturation: Changes the amount of color. Lightness: Changes the shade of the color. I wanted to make the arrow purple. So to do this, I just played with the different sliders until I found the color that I wanted. There are no set numbers when it comes to changing the color. So you just have to play around until you get a color that you like. http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/s...8at41116PM.jpg Once I get the element to the color that I want, I close the Adjustments Palette (double click the Adjustments tab) just to get it out of my way. Now you can do one of two things. If i know for a fact that my element is the color I would like it to be, then I merge (right click on adjustment layer and select "merge down") the 2 layers (the element and the adjustment layer) together. But if you are not sure if the element if the color you would like it to be, then do not merge the layers that way you can come back and adjust the color again. To do this all you gotta do is double-click on the box with the picture of little gears. It will open up those sliders for you again! For me, I found the color I would like to use, so I go ahead and merge the layers together: http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/s...8at41126PM.jpg And that is it! Make sure you DO NOT save the recolored element over the original element! IF you are gonna save the recolored element, make sure you use the Save As option. Otherwise you will lose the original element, and that is no bueno. =) Here is my final element: http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/s...8at41132PM.jpg |
This is WONDERFUL Tanya, Thank you!
you will be happy to know that I am following your other tutorial on how to add pics into a template as I write. Right after that I will follow with the elements! THANK YOU! :woohoo: |
Can someone please let me know who to recolour an element in SBC+ I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks for your help
Danielle |
Thanks Tanya!
I was going to ask that question! I'll give it a try soon! |
Wow, Tanya... thanks so much! I didn't know about 'adjustment' layers. I just tried this out with something that was multicolored and the result was kind of funny (still usable though). I will def try this next time. Much better than trying to use the paint bucket (which always loses the shading). I also tried the 'Color Replacement Tool', but I could never get the color I wanted (but I may not be using it right).
(oh, my little circle appears above my layers so if you don't see it below, look above). Thanks for all the tut's! |
Dude! Thanks Tanya! The way I did it when I tried to figure out was WAY harder.
|
no problem ladies!!
|
Quote:
|
Great tutorial Tanya, it's one of the reasons I have a hard time going back to regular paper. LOL
|
If you want to do this right on the element (not as a separate layer), just click Control-U, and the same hue/saturation/lightness bar will open up. :)
|
Quote:
|
How To Recolor An Element In GIMP
Great tutorial Tanya, here is a GIMP version for those that use it. These screenshots are straight from my blog ;) so if you need to see more detail visit my blog and click on screenshots to enlarge.
1. With element's layer selected, select the Colize Tool from the Colors menu 2. Click and drag the Hue slider until you have changed the element's colour to your liking. In my example the Hue was changed to 280 to achieve a nice purple element. 3. Click OK to make the colour change permanent. That's all, nice & easy wasn't it! http://lh5.ggpht.com/_cd0uiFASjmc/Sy...ze_preview.jpg http://lh5.ggpht.com/_cd0uiFASjmc/Sy...olorize_p1.jpg http://lh4.ggpht.com/_cd0uiFASjmc/Sy...olorize_p2.jpg http://lh3.ggpht.com/_cd0uiFASjmc/Sy...olorize_p3.jpg |
Quote:
organized as you do? I like it~:wave: also, How did you do it to have the frame in TWO colors? I WANT To do that to my frames! |
Quote:
To get the two color frame, my bottom layer is the brown frame, then I copied the layer (now top layer). Applied Colorize tool to top layer to get purple color frame. Added a mask to purple frame layer that only covered part of purple frame, which allowed the brown frame to show through. I hope that made sense :D |
Thanks for the write-up Tanya, I'll give it a whirl!!
|
How To Recolor An Element in SBC+ 3.0
Hello! Here is a short tutorial on recoloring in SBC+ 3.0 with screen shots.
I chose a ribbon from Kellybell's Flitterific. The kit is perfect for my Twins 5th Birthday Celebration. I wanted to recolor the same ribbon to match Madeline/Tinker Bell and Isabella's/Silvermist's dresses. Place the element to be recolored into your work area. 1) Select the element by clicking on it. 2) Click on the Color Ribbon. 3) Click on Adjust Hue. 4) Click on the dropper to sample a color from the screen. I call it the "Color Sucker" :) I took a color sample from Isabella's Silvermist dress. If you do not have a color to sample, simply slide the Hue slider to the desired color family. 5) Slide the Saturation and Intensity sliders until you have color that you desire. 6) You can also choose More Colors and use the sliders here to create the color that you desire. You can also save that color by clicking on Remember Color and you can file it under My Colors. Which is located using the drop down area at Standard Colors - here you will find Skin colors, Hair colors, and My colors. I repeated the same steps with the same ribbon but sampled the color from Madeline's Tinker Bell dress. http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...87/Page111.JPG http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...687/Page27.JPG http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...687/page2a.JPG http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...87/Page310.JPG http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...87/page_4a.JPG http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...87/Page510.JPG http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...687/Page66.JPG |
Thank you Disney Baby, nice, simple and love the pics. The coloring looks great with the dresses!
|
Thanks, Jennifer. It sounds easy enough. I am off to give it a try!
|
Thanks for the great tutorial!!!
|
Thanks so much for this tutorial! I never knew this was possible. I can't wait to try it out :)
:thanks: |
Thanks for the great information.
|
How have I not found this amazing tutorial before! Thank you so much Tanya! I recolor elements differently but this way is waaaaaaaay better! :hooray::thanks:
|
Thanks!! Have been trying to find instructions on how to recolor.
|
| All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:46 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Copyright 2009 - 2024 MouseScrappers.com, All rights reserved.
MouseScrappers.com is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries.
Visit Disney's official web site at Disney.com As to Disney artwork, logos and properties: © Disney
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger