MouseScrappers.com

MouseScrappers.com (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Challenges (gen'l info/notes) (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9739)
-   -   2011 - challenge yourself! (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5578)

CAVEA001 11-01-2010 02:57 PM

2011 - challenge yourself!
 
I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I'm enjoying the 365 photo-a-day in 2010. :woohoo: Now that 2010 is coming to an end, I'm looking for a new challenge.

I was thinking "365 scrapbook pages", but that just sounds a tad unreasonable.

So I decided on "200 scrapbook pages" in 2011. :scrapbooking: I've got no kids, so I have more free time than a mom. :)

And I'm starting now (11/1/10) ... b/c I'm a cheater!

Who's with me? You can pick any number you'd like to accomplish! I'm going to use this thread to keep myself honest.

And ... go!

scrappinnewbie 11-01-2010 04:56 PM

Great idea and challenge!

I typically complete about one LO a week. Expecting myself to do 200 in a year, wouldn't be reasonable for me. Thus, I going to challenge myself to 100in 2011. That is really going to be a challenge as I have a class to take at the first of the year for 4 months. It will occupy most of my free time. :sad2:

Thanks for the motivation and I am going to think positive... I will get it done!

CAVEA001 11-01-2010 06:35 PM

Amber :mouse2:

Goal: 200

Completed: 3 :woohoo:

To go: 197 :help:

QuiltyMom 11-01-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAVEA001 (Post 43896)
To go: 199 :help:

Okay - that's just too funny! :lol:

I'll have to think about this one.

CAVEA001 11-01-2010 07:41 PM

Just think ... this is finally a challenge you can double dip into! :lol:

tiggernjen 11-01-2010 08:07 PM

I think that this is an easy challenge to do... :thumbsup: Considering we have a weekly challenge, which would give you 52 layouts...Then add in the template, telephone & speed scraps, plus scrapping vacation photos...I'm sure I will meet the challenge of 200 pages, (if not more)... :yeah:

snowdrop 11-01-2010 10:00 PM

I'd have to think about a good number for me. I'm probably the only one that keeps track of how many layouts I do per month, lol. Last year I did over 400 digi pages (queen of scraps really helped skew that, but take away that one month & I'd still be at about 300.) I just did the math & this year I've completed 204 layouts already.

scrappinnewbie 11-02-2010 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowdrop (Post 43919)
I'd have to think about a good number for me. I'm probably the only one that keeps track of how many layouts I do per month, lol. Last year I did over 400 digi pages (queen of scraps really helped skew that, but take away that one month & I'd still be at about 300.) I just did the math & this year I've completed 204 layouts already.


WOWSERS! Here I struggle to get one done a week. :blush:.. Kiddos to you girl! You rock! :thumbsup:

I wish I had more time, but really 1-2 can be a struggle. You go girl!

roxana 11-02-2010 06:27 AM

I´ll have to do maths to think a number for me, I´ve scrapped this year so far 3 regular books for me (starting the 4th) and one for my cousin, that´s 320 pages, plus the Disney pages and some others challenges and stuff I do around there, I´ll say about 500. I think I need a challenge...but to scrap less :lol2:, OK my goal for next year max 3 regular books (trips don't count :D). I think my challenge would be finish my regulars 2007 and 2008 books, the ones I don´t want to scrap cause I already had and lost all my pages when my pc crashed last year what makes me sad every time I see those pics, so that´s 80 pages for each one, the my number would be 160 pages I must scrap!

CAVEA001 11-02-2010 03:36 PM

You go everybody! Impressive numbers all around. :eek: :scrapbooking:

snowdrop 11-02-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappinnewbie (Post 43932)
WOWSERS! Here I struggle to get one done a week. :blush:.. Kiddos to you girl! You rock! :thumbsup:

I wish I had more time, but really 1-2 can be a struggle. You go girl!

Haha, thanks :D And I'm STILL crazy behind in my scrapping, lol! One day I should take a pic of my list of things to scrap for Disney alone. That would have people call for :help: haha

TanyaH666 11-03-2010 02:41 AM

i know i have seen it somewhere i just can't remember where, but there is a countdown ticker you can get for your siggie (like the countdown ones everyone uses for trips) that is made to count how many scrap pages you have done.

liriel 11-03-2010 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TanyaH666 (Post 44025)
i know i have seen it somewhere i just can't remember where, but there is a countdown ticker you can get for your siggie (like the countdown ones everyone uses for trips) that is made to count how many scrap pages you have done.

That would be beat Tanya.

I am going to shoot for 200....I have 3 kiddos afterall and I can't ignore them all the time. :D

PrincessMouse 11-03-2010 05:16 AM

I'd love to participate - I'll really need to think about how many pages I can get done. Digi scrapping is completely new to me and I haven't paper scrapped since before Mia came home from China... almost 7 years ago! With two businesses being run from our home and me homeschooling, it's pretty crazy around here.

I guess that means I actually have to scrap some pages to see how long it takes me, right? :whistle:

disfamily07 11-04-2010 02:22 AM

I'm going to try for 150 :)

poohaddict 11-04-2010 04:24 AM

This is an awesome challenge. I am going to try and do the 365 at least 1 a day is achievable for me.:yeah:

I am going to look for the ticker Tanya!!!!

poohaddict 11-04-2010 04:47 AM

Found the ticker

Tickerfactory.com

sparklehal 11-04-2010 08:55 AM

I like the idea of doing one a week with seven pictures on each. I've seen this on other galleries but I don't have enough kits purchased to participate in their contest. I like this one though!

RuthieRoo 11-04-2010 02:03 PM

Ok i think i'll got for 200 pages...Sometimes when i come in at night I just don't have the energy but I really want to get some full albums done. :rolleyes:

shalinao 11-28-2010 04:09 AM

I used to do these with my friends before I moved four years ago so I am so in. I need to finish three digital road trip books, trip to Alaska plus Disney last year so I surely have plenty to keep me busy. I'll start with 200 since I'm still such a newbie to the whole digi scrappin scene.
:scrapbooking:

ILuvCrush 11-28-2010 03:47 PM

How fun!!

Well..I just figured mine out... I've done about 300 pages... SINCE JUNE 1st! :eek:

no wonder my family thinks I've abandoned them :rolleyes:

I think I'll set my goal as 400 pages by Dec 31, 2011. That's basically 1 a day counting in the rest of this year + a couple extra to keep a rounded number!

Off to find a ticker!!:yeah:

sillescrapper 11-29-2010 04:38 AM

Well, I am seriously behind on my scrapping (life in general) BUT.... I just finished scrapping 74 (:eek:) pages for my Disney trip that I just got back from last month! I can't believe I got it done. I was highly motivated though- I wanted to have an album of our trip to bring with us when we go up north to visit family for Christmas.

So, knowing that I CAN do it, maybe I can get caught back up this next year on all my personal family scrapbooking.

I'm going to challenge myself to 200 pages in 2011. That's 4 pages a week. I can do 4 pages in a night, once a week. Totally doable for me.

Great challenge!

ILuvCrush 01-13-2011 07:10 AM

Well... since my 1st post here.... I've done 60 pages! :woohoo:

How is everyone doing??

liriel 01-13-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILuvCrush (Post 51811)
Well... since my 1st post here.... I've done 60 pages! :woohoo:

How is everyone doing??

I've done 43..not too shabby!

shalinao 01-13-2011 11:50 AM

I've only done 23 but I did get my Disney Cruise album done and sent off to be printed so that's something. :)
Guess I need to get back to it...:scrapbooking:

PrincessMouse 01-13-2011 12:43 PM

Joining in! I want to scrap 104 pages in 52 weeks. Hopefully I'll get a lot more than that done but that's my goal, 2 pages a week.

CAVEA001 01-18-2011 05:50 PM

Thanks to the SS marathon, I made a dent in my goal. Still a ways to go though ... :)

I'm keeping tabs in my sig.

This Dixie Pixie 01-31-2011 12:00 PM

I'm starting late, but I'm joining in this challenge.

I have 2000 photos from my big trip at the end of last year, and we're going on a month-long road trip and cruise this fall, plus I'm doing all the challenges and some CT work so I'm going to set a goal of 500 pages. Of course not all will be Disney, but I'll post the Disney ones here and all of my pages on my blog. We'll see if 500 is possible or not! :D

QuiltyMom 01-31-2011 02:44 PM

I guess that I'm not really into the number of pages, nut how many projects/albums I complete. So far this year I've finished 3 albums: p365. 2000 and a remake of my parent's wedding album. I think that I may have scrapped 45 pages so far this month. I haven't been keeping track.

Aussiegirl 02-05-2011 06:56 PM

I'm not doing this by the pages...but like Jan, by the albums! Actually, ones I've printed!

So far, for 2011, I have printed 1 album! My goal is to print at least 2 more that I have planned already, by the end of 2011!

This Dixie Pixie 02-07-2011 01:34 PM

Well, I'm going to have to keep track of my LO count here. The ticker I was using really didn't want to cooperate with my signature and wanted it's own line. :mad: So my signature looked super ginormous! :rolleyes:


http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...rapbooking.png

This Dixie Pixie 03-10-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Dixie Pixie (Post 53480)
I'm starting late, but I'm joining in this challenge.

I have 2000 photos from my big trip at the end of last year, and we're going on a month-long road trip and cruise this fall, plus I'm doing all the challenges and some CT work so I'm going to set a goal of 500 pages. Of course not all will be Disney, but I'll post the Disney ones here and all of my pages on my blog. We'll see if 500 is possible or not! :D

:lol: It's looking like 500 is possible! In about 5 weeks, I've got 93 finished. Wow. :eek:

PrincessMouse 03-10-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Dixie Pixie (Post 57258)
:lol: It's looking like 500 is possible! In about 5 weeks, I've got 93 finished. Wow. :eek:

WHOA. That's amazing!! GO you!!:yeah:

Mary Jo 04-11-2011 09:21 PM

I had decided to take part in this back in January during the Marathon but my car accident stopped me from signing up. I recently decided I am in! I am shooting for 200! I think I did about 110 last year and it was my very first year digi-scrapping, so maybe 200 is possible. I still have 1 LO left to finish for my 1st full Disney album, then that leaves me only 7 trips in the hole - 4 of which we took since I started working on that 1st Album! My motto for this challenge is: "All I can do is Try!" :lol: I am hoping to finish 2 trips before my December trip this year! Let you know how I do at the end of the year! :eek:

wlovesthemouse 04-12-2011 12:44 AM

Ok, so my "challenge" is going to be a little different.

Last year I made a 440 page book (from a 7 week overseas holiday)...and I use a program called "Memory Mixer" to design my pages.

My "Challenge" this year is to make:-

* a book all about Disneyland (from last years photos AND I'm going back there in May)
* a book all about Walt Disney World (last years photos)
* a book all about Universal Studios, Florida (last years photos)

but, (and here's MY challenge)... ALL by using Photoshop v9.. AND by making my layour more "creative". I've never really used it (to any great detail), so I'm really looking forward to the "challenge".

I've started my "being more creative challenge" by designing a wedding album (for a wedding that I'm going to be a photographer at !)... and as much as its more "creative" its still done in Memory Mixer (because my laptop doesn't have photoshop!) (check out my "Belle of the Ball" album, and let me know what you think - that's the most "creative" I've ever been in my layouts... well, so far at least !)

So, there's my challenge.... "being More creative"... and "using photoshop to design 3 albums".

Hope I can do it.

Wendy

travelingxio 04-23-2011 04:50 PM

Challenge Yourself
 
I just recently joined MouseScrappers and love it ... I was going to leave my Disney books for last, but MS really has me excited. I am doing 2 goals: My Disney pages (shooting for 200), and my sister's (shooting for 40).

Usagi 07-13-2011 04:52 PM

Oh I wanna join in on the fun!! :hooray: I just started digital scrapbooking so I'm gonna go with 75 pages for the year.

That's a good number!

This Dixie Pixie 08-22-2011 07:13 PM

Thanks to the big Mini Monsterthon Speed Scraps, I'm now over half way there. I need to pick up the pace a bit if I want to make my goal though.


http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...rapbooking.png

shalinao 09-05-2011 06:34 AM

I FINALLY reached my goal of 200 pages and still have 4 months left in the year. Whoo hoo...I wonder how many I can finish before the end of the year. I ♥ Digi Scrappin'
Quote:

Originally Posted by shalinao (Post 46216)
I used to do these with my friends before I moved four years ago so I am so in. I need to finish three digital road trip books, trip to Alaska plus Disney last year so I surely have plenty to keep me busy. I'll start with 200 since I'm still such a newbie to the whole digi scrappin scene.
:scrapbooking:


travelingxio 09-05-2011 02:08 PM

Congratulations
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shalinao (Post 82577)
I FINALLY reached my goal of 200 pages and still have 4 months left in the year. Whoo hoo...I wonder how many I can finish before the end of the year. I ♥ Digi Scrappin'

Way to go!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Copyright 2009 - 2024 MouseScrappers.com, All rights reserved.
MouseScrappers.com is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries.
Visit Disney's official web site at Disney.com As to Disney artwork, logos and properties: © Disney
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger