MouseScrappers.com

MouseScrappers.com (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Speed Scraps (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9675)
-   -   What a weekend! Did you get the marathon completed? (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9709)

scrappinnewbie 01-29-2012 08:09 PM

What a weekend! Did you get the marathon completed?
 
I just finished the last Speed Scrap. Yeah! I really like my LO's from this weekend.

So... it made me wonder.... Did you get them all done? How do you like your LO's? Pleased? I sure hope so...

I will be checking the master thread forum on Monday night and will start working on the goodie bags, but wanted to start a thread where you can brag on yourself. :)

Aussiegirl 01-29-2012 08:38 PM

I completed ALL the ss's! I am shocked at myself! I also ALMOST finished my disney album from 2008 with the pages I finsihed this weekend!

All this, while having a sick daughter, and a husband who decided to clean the house on Sat!!! It will be a while before my family lets me do this again though! But I sure had fun! Thank you to everyone who worked so hard, to make this weekend a success!

Usagi 01-29-2012 09:11 PM

I have 5 more to complete them all but I'm too tired/sick to finish up.

All in all, not bad for my first marathon.

Neverland Scraps 01-29-2012 09:16 PM

This is my first marathon and I was aiming for half of the speed scraps, well six of them. So I too am shocked that I scrapped 16 layouts in one weekend! My family on the other hand is a little annoyed with me. I have a messy house, housing is coming tomorrow for a pre-inspection for our move and I've done nothing but scrap all weekend . . .:help:

16 layouts scrapped in three days, that's impressive for me. I dont think I will scrap another layout for a couple months now :no::yes::lol:

mouselvrmom 01-29-2012 09:22 PM

I absolutely can not believve I got them all done! I had not even planned on doing any! I was away out of town the entire weekend for my son's hockey tournament. We had lots of family time, so not much scrapping time, but I didn't get much sleep, every spare minute I was back in the room on the computer, and I managed to get them done! I'm so pleased with myself... hubby not so much though! :lol:

Thanks so much for all the hostesses, the awesome designers who generously donated their talents, Melinda for setting it all up, and Carol for this wonderful site!! :thanks:

Fran98765 01-29-2012 09:29 PM

I have 1 left to go and I'm starting it now. I'm tired and don't wanna scrap no more..... :help:

Charelkenl 01-29-2012 09:29 PM

NO :blush: Only got 5 done :surrender:
Had to work :mad::mad::mad:

Hpgirl 01-29-2012 09:52 PM

Yes! I got them all done. I didn't really get any of my reading done, so tomorrow will be an early morning to get started on that. Thank you to all the lovely hostesses for all their hard work! This has been really fun.

I only have two pages left for my May 2011 trip; had that last speed scrap not had a hidden Mickey, I would have finished it (Mickey doesn't really match Harry Potter World :D). But now I have a solid start on my October trip, and can scrap it without any guilt!

sparklehal 01-29-2012 09:58 PM

I finished!!! YAY!!!!!! and I only fudged one rule, on purpose! I might have fudged other ones but it was not intentional!

Thank you Melinda and everyone who helped make this a great weekend! I'm just thankful I was not out of state like the last time we had a marathon!

lindseylou 01-29-2012 10:18 PM

I just uploaded the last page. Somehow, I actually finished!! :yeah:
This was my first marathon and it was fabulous! It was just the jump start I needed to finally get moving on our trip to DL.

Nanie Scrapper 01-29-2012 10:27 PM

Wow... I just can't thank all the hostesses, designers, Melinda (who set everything up) and of course... Carol who now has me hooked on Mousescrappers :) This was truly an amazing weekend!

This being my first Marathon I didn't really expect to be able to keep up but I am sooo very happy I did! All done and can't wait to put everything into an Album, finally!

Goodnite all, wayyyy past my bedtime, ahhh actually the last two nights have been wayyyy past my bedtime! Oh well, I'll have plenty of nights ahead to sleep L OL OL OL

Marie 01-29-2012 11:02 PM

I just uploaded my last layout! Yeah!:yeah: I can't believe I finished all 16! This was a lot fun and was really inspiring. After caching up on some chores, I plan to spend some time in the gallery this week "leaving love." Looking forward to seeing everyone's pages.

Thanks to everyone who organized, hosted and donated prizes!:thanks:

ana_carol 01-29-2012 11:43 PM

Yes!!!!
Im a bit cross-eyed and i cant move my right arm, and my bottom is numb but i DID it
Thanks Melinda for putting together this awesome marathon
:hooray::hooray::hooray:

kamra 01-29-2012 11:57 PM

Wow what a weekend!

I finish all the SS thought I was going to miss at least two of them this morning while celebrating the gift of independence for nine new Guide Dog Teams Graduated from Guide Dogs of America.

Thank you for the extra time I was able to finish one of the LOs in the 30mins before it was due. Yay!

obumpus 01-30-2012 12:31 AM

I'm *almost* there! It's 2:30am here, yikes! I've got 2 more left to finish. The technique challenge about killed me, lol. Leave it to me to pick one that took FOREVER! My goal is to do 1 more before going to bed and finish the last one in the morning. Think I'm going to succeed?

Thus far I'm happy with my pages. But I am dead tired. I told my DH earlier that after I left loves tomorrow and passed out the PP for the one I hosted that I didn't want to look at a computer for at least 2 days!

Melinda, thanks so much for organizing this whole event. You rocked it! :)

Carolc 01-30-2012 12:35 AM

Well, though I did not finish all 16, I participated in 15 of the chats (sorry I couldn't make it up for your 5am chat, Jenn! :) ). My goal was to finish 8 pages so I could be done with a day at Disneyland in 2004, and I did it, so I'm very happy. Hopefully the pages will look good when I start putting them in a book!

Thanks so much, Melinda, for organizing this big party! And thanks to all the hosts (I know it takes a lot of time to plan it out, leave love, send out prizes) and all the designers who contributed prizes and goodies to our community.

I hope everyone had fun! Hope you all start feeling back to normal by Tues or Weds :)

calamitypark 01-30-2012 01:33 AM

Thank you to everyone who hosted and organised
 
I would like to thank everyone who hosted a scrap, the sponsors who donated prizes and to the girls that organised the marathon.

I managed to finish all 16 - not bad as I only started Digital scraping the week before but boy did I pick up new techniques.

Also being in Australia your times were my night times, so I was starting around midnight. Eyes hanging out of head at work today.

But boy am I HAPPPPPPYYYYY.:hooray:

RuthieRoo 01-30-2012 02:43 AM

Wow I have just posted my 16th page. I wasn't even going to attempt them all but I got on a roll and couldn't stop. Lol.

Thank you so much to everyone who hosted, donated and set this all up. I've almost finished a full album (and that's a first for me).

I now need to look through all of the amazing pages done this weekend and leave some love. I also owe my hubby big time for looking after the baby so much!!! Haha.

Thanks again everyone, it was fun.....let's do it again (after we all recover)!! :surf:

Annet83 01-30-2012 02:53 AM

I had never done a SS before, so this was quite the challenge! I did absolutely nothing else but scrapping for the past days, but I made it! And it was fun!

I'm a beginning scrapper and thanks to these challenges I explored fields of scrapping that I didn't know yet :)

jenscrap 01-30-2012 02:54 AM

Thanks so much for organising this fun event. I love a challenge and I love SS that make me do things I wouldn't normally do. Thanks Melinda for putting it all together and all the hosts and sponsors.

ljritchie 01-30-2012 03:26 AM

Yawn!
 
Who stayed up the latest/earliest? Its 5:25 CST. LOL

disneymomofbelle 01-30-2012 03:55 AM

This was my first marathon and I am actually quite pleased with myself that I finished all 16. I learned a ton and got a ton of ideas for future layouts.

Thank you to everyone involved in planning and running this weekend and I am so excited to see what is in the goodie bags we all worked so hard for.

I am interested to see how many people participated and how many people were able to get a 1/2 or Full Marathon completed...


Thanks again

Mariana

luv2scrapmm 01-30-2012 04:17 AM

I got them all done and by last night! Considering I haven't scrapped for myself in awhile (well this was actually for my niece's book - lol) I am happy I got so many pages done.

I am also pleased that I have managed to make all three birthday marathons and finished them - only type of marathon I could ever finish:D.

Thanks Melinda for arranging all of this.

Thanks too, to all the designers and hostesses. This is what makes Mousescrappers such a lovely site. Marathons like this with all these prizes and goody bags are usually attached to store sites. We have an AWESOME community!!

Now I have to get my report cards entered into the computer before Wed AM... can you tell I procrastinated a little.:blush: I did get school work done inbetween the scraps so it is all good.

MJAJmom 01-30-2012 04:25 AM

Fabulous weekend of scrapping! Thank you to all the coordinators, hostess and prize donators! I had a busy weekend so my goal was for the half marathon which I did get to complete. I'll still be finishing up 2 layouts this morning.

Lots of fun this weekend!!! :yeah:

Jojo 01-30-2012 04:43 AM

My goal was the half marathon. But I ended up with the full one! :yeah:
And I got a couple pages extra for the book I'm working on. (although I need to redo them a bit. Changing a few thing to make them work even better)

This Dixie Pixie 01-30-2012 05:02 AM

I finished! I wasn't sure it was going to happen, but I just uploaded the last one a couple minutes ago, so I made it in time for the goodie bag! It was a HUGE challenge due to the sheer number of SSs in the marathon, and the fact that I've basically been away from scrapping since the end of September so I'm pretty rusty. But it was good because it shook the cobwebs out and scraped the rust off and I feel like I'm back to where I should be.

Thanks to everybody who had a hand in bringing this together. I know first hand how much planning goes into a big event here so I certainly appreciate everything you did!

Spacecadetswife 01-30-2012 05:08 AM

I got 10 done. :rolleyes: Wish I could have done more. Super busy weekend.

Anyone know the dates for the big one in May? I'm scheduling it on my calendar this time.

QuiltyMom 01-30-2012 05:12 AM

Almost ... I'm putting the finishing touches on my last page now! :yeah:

vew-tori 01-30-2012 05:21 AM

First let me say a HUGE thank you to all those involved in making this such a fun marathon. It was my 1st one and it feels so good to have completed it.

I usually go on a scrapbook retreat with my sister in Jan. This year we didn't go-saving money for Disney in June. This weekend more than made up for that! Other than my sister not being around I really think I enjoyed this more and I know I accomplished more. Plus I still got to have dinner with DH, DD and some friends, go to my nieces dance program, and chat with people who get both scrapbooking and Disney! To top it off I got prizes and I can't even believe a goodie bag on top of that. Amazing!

What's next? Birthday Bash?

tw1717 - EEYORE FAN 01-30-2012 05:28 AM

Good Morning!!!! I have to say a huge shout out to my fellow hostess' and for my chat helper! Thank you so much and this was my first ever SS marathon and I only intended to do 1/2 but then I couldn't stop! Thankfully hubby didn't mind!

I did get all 16 done and I am weird but it was the mojo I needed to start working more on my oldest son's scrapbook to get it caught up before his wedding in June!

This was a total blast and I so cannot wait for that super goodie bags!!!!!

QuiltyMom 01-30-2012 05:43 AM

I"m having problems getting my last page done. I think my computer has gone on strike! :eek: But I will press on! :lol:

winipeg1 01-30-2012 05:52 AM

Well done to you all. I am so mad, I managed 1 - I have been ill all weekend and couldn't find the strength to scrap:ack:. but well done to you all that did, so sorry I missed the fun!:(

roxana 01-30-2012 05:57 AM

I made them all!!! And I thought I had completed my book, but just checked and have 3 pages left so I need another marathon! LOL Just kidding, need a break!!!

Thanks Melinda for all the fabulous organization, and thanks to all the hostesses and designers that made it possible!!! It was a huge success!!!!

QuiltyMom 01-30-2012 06:03 AM

Just finished!!!! :yeah: And THANK YOU MELINDA for arranging this all!!!

r0binb 01-30-2012 06:49 AM

This was a crazy weekend for me, even without the marathon. I still have 6 layouts to go. Think I can get them done in 2 hours?

Spacecadetswife 01-30-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0binb (Post 97549)
This was a crazy weekend for me, even without the marathon. I still have 6 layouts to go. Think I can get them done in 2 hours?

:eek: I'm freaking out for you, Robin!

cmtscrap 01-30-2012 06:59 AM

I can't believe I completed every last one of them. Feeling the way I have been I thought I would be lucky if I got half of them finished, but I managed to do all 16.

I think next time we may have to go back to just two days of marathon scrapping.

Thank you to all of the hosts and the wonderful designers that donated PPs. We couldn't have done this marathon without you.

cassidyk 01-30-2012 07:42 AM

:yeah: I did it! I am another who thought I would be lucky to complete half and I am very proud to say I completed all 16!! :woohoo:

Thanks so much Melinda for all your work to put this together and to all of the designers who generously donated prizes! You are all awesome!!! :hooray:

3BluEyedBabies 01-30-2012 07:53 AM

DONE!
 
I just finished posting some LOs into their attraction/encounter thread. This was my first speed scrap ever! I learned a lot and really want a new computer so I can upgrade to a better program that doesn't keep crashing. Just started my truck to warm it up...have to go pick up my sick little boy from preschool. :(

I finished 11 LOs, not to bad I guess. Hope I did everything right!!

tukogirl 01-30-2012 08:10 AM

My goal was the half but I completed all 16 :yeah: My back is killing me lol!

There are several pages I like very much, a few that need some tweaking, and only a couple that I didn't love, so all in all pretty good.

Thanks to everyone who hosted, chatted, provided prizes and left loves. We appreciate your hard work!

I'll be leaving loves for the next week! =-)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Copyright 2009 - 2024 MouseScrappers.com, All rights reserved.
MouseScrappers.com is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries.
Visit Disney's official web site at Disney.com As to Disney artwork, logos and properties: © Disney
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger