MouseScrappers.com

MouseScrappers.com (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/index.php)
-   I have an Idea! (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9664)
-   -   Running out of photos? how about a Minnie makeover? (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4272)

Carolc 05-06-2010 12:17 AM

Running out of photos? how about a Minnie makeover?

While listening in on the speed scrap the other day, I heard several people mention they were almost out of Disney vacation photos. Ironically, some people have a ton of photos, yet not enough time or inspiration to finish them all. Then it hit me.... would there be any interest in scrapping other people's photos? I know it sounds silly on the surface, but here is my vision: someone would post a few photos (or perhaps even an existing unfinished layout) that they just can't get inspiration for. Others would use the photos (and any provided journaling) and create a layout with their own touch. Maybe this could even be a challenge. Ever seen a layout 'makeover' article in a magazine where designers redo each others layouts? kind of like that.

Does this sound dumb? :blush: Do other scrap sites have anything like this? This would just be for fun, not intended to be free scrapbooking services for others or anything like that. The recipient can see the finished layout, but they don't get to have the original files (don't want to be sharing designer elements!). Just a way to give the people who don't have many Disney photos a chance to play along in more activities. Designers, if this breaks any TOU rules, please let me know.

snowdrop 05-06-2010 05:49 AM

There used to be a RAK thread at SM for basically this type of thing. As long as it doesn't go against the designer's TOU, and the file is flattened, I think it's ok to get the 12x12 jpg file.

hobbes130 05-06-2010 06:37 AM

It sounds like a fun idea and the 'scrappers' would not be profiting so I am sure the designers would not mind the 12x12 jpeg being passed over. It isn't like a scrap for hire service so I doubt it would go against designers terms tou but perhaps some designers sould come over and give their opinion on this :)

tukogirl 05-06-2010 09:09 AM

This is a neat idea! I still have photos to scrap but I have seen them so many times that sometimes it is hard to get any inspiration or ideas for them. Seeing someone else's approach would be so cool. And vice versa - scrapping someone else's photos would be a challenge and growth for the scrapper!

andrea4376 05-06-2010 10:13 AM

That's a brilliant idea - I know I for one am running short on unscrapped Disney pics now - still a good few months to go before I get any more.

MelissaD 05-06-2010 05:18 PM

This would be great! This is exactly why I don't do many challenges. I only have so many Disney photos that haven't been scrapped. We tend to enjoy the parks and making the memories more than actually capturing those memories on film, which is great, but I want to scrap! LOL

Princess Janas Mom 05-08-2010 07:26 AM

OMG! I would love someone to help with mine. I have 5 trips worth of pics that I have yet to do anything with! :help:

PNWmom 05-08-2010 08:06 AM

Don't forget the "Disney @ home" area, there are lots of non-trip ideas over there.

http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...lay.php?f=9654

Carolc 05-15-2010 02:07 PM

Thanks for your input. For those who are interested in this idea...

Do you think it should be a "challenge"? If so,

- how often?
- how long should it run for?
- what day should it start?
- do we have a sign up list with people who have photos to scrap?
- what should we call it?

If you do not think it should be a challenge,
- how should we incorporate it into the site?
- what should we call it?

Thanks!

Princess Janas Mom 05-15-2010 04:11 PM

Is The idea is to give those scrapbookers who do not have a lot of Disney pics to have a chance to complete in challenges? If so, then have a sign up list for people who have photos.

I for one would love to get LO ideas from others.

You could also make it a challenge. Maybe the people with the pics could host the challenge, set up the criteria for the LOs, and provide the pics.