MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder

Software: Artisan 5
Camera: Nikon D3300, Olympus TG-3, Sony, and my phone - Samsung S10
Weekly Challenge #240 -(6/18-6/24)

Hello All! I'm back with another fun challenge for you this week.

I have a challenge for you that I hope is one that will get you thinking. I'd like you to try a new technique. Maybe something you've seen others do, or something you've seen on pinterest that you filed away for "some day". For me, it was Brittney's (Brittish Designs) tutorial on adding QR codes to my lo's. Because it took me sooo long to follow and do this I didn't get a new page done (though I made 2 more QR codes at the same time and am working on those lo's now). So, for this challenge, I used an older lo that I could add my QR code to.

So, find that technique that you've always wanted to learn, and give it a go! If you're interested in this tutorial, send me a pm or do a search on her blog (I don't want to post a link here as I'm not sure of the rules )

Here's my lo

and here http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...139#post148139

And, here is your pp for the week. Made by Marieke from Romajo Designs. It goes with her recent Designer Challenge and new Kit "Beyond The Stars".

Here are the rules...now go and learn something!!
1) Challenge should be Disney related
2) Layout should be uploaded to the MouseScrappers Gallery in the Weekly Challenge category
3) Participants should post their layouts in two places: in the challenge thread, and in the appropriate forum
4)Please don't use a quick page to fulfill the challenge
Contemporary Resort 1 Pirate Ears Star Tours D23 Member Monorail Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 2 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Expedition Everest I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Christmas Tree Turkey Anna Carol helped me book my vacation! Elsa Olaf Sven Ive met another MouseScrapper Teacups Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2014, 12:33 PM   #2
ladyleopard1106
Riding Radiator Springs Racers

Software: Photoshop
Camera: Olympus FE-170, Olympus VR-340, Cannon PowerShot A110 IS
Thanks so much for the challenge...but I will admit...I am thoroughly stumped on what to do.

-Lori
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Cheshire Cat 1 Star Tours It\'s a Small World Contemporary Resort 1 Minnie Bride Teacups Italy Monorail Jungle Cruise Skyway Sorcerer\'s Hat

Old 06-18-2014, 06:49 PM   #3
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyleopard1106 View Post
Thanks so much for the challenge...but I will admit...I am thoroughly stumped on what to do.

-Lori
Have you ever pulled one thing out of your picture and colored it while the rest is black and white?

Have you cut something from a photo?

Any photo editing that you have always wanted to try? Putting a filter on something?

a new technique in scrapping? Do you always use a template, then try without? Have you ever done pocket style?

Have you ever tried mixing two totally random kits together to create one cohesive lo?

It doesn't have to be as big of a new thing as adding a QR code to a page - it can be something small; just try to do something you've never done, or something you've done before and said "whew! that was hard". It might be easier this time? I just want to hear what it was you tried (even if you try, fail, and just finish the lo without the new technique, list it here! someone might be able to help

If all else fails, scrap something you've haven't scrapped before - I'm not picky, just want to challenge those who want one
Contemporary Resort 1 Pirate Ears Star Tours D23 Member Monorail Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 2 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Expedition Everest I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Christmas Tree Turkey Anna Carol helped me book my vacation! Elsa Olaf Sven Ive met another MouseScrapper Teacups Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove

Old 06-18-2014, 07:27 PM   #4
ladyleopard1106

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1112 View Post
Have you ever pulled one thing out of your picture and colored it while the rest is black and white?

Have you cut something from a photo?

Any photo editing that you have always wanted to try? Putting a filter on something?

a new technique in scrapping? Do you always use a template, then try without? Have you ever done pocket style?

Have you ever tried mixing two totally random kits together to create one cohesive lo?

It doesn't have to be as big of a new thing as adding a QR code to a page - it can be something small; just try to do something you've never done, or something you've done before and said "whew! that was hard". It might be easier this time? I just want to hear what it was you tried (even if you try, fail, and just finish the lo without the new technique, list it here! someone might be able to help

If all else fails, scrap something you've haven't scrapped before - I'm not picky, just want to challenge those who want one
Thanks for all the great ideas! I will have to file them away for future LOs. I think what I did turned out better than I thought it would. I can't wait to post it on here!

-Lori
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Cheshire Cat 1 Star Tours It\'s a Small World Contemporary Resort 1 Minnie Bride Teacups Italy Monorail Jungle Cruise Skyway Sorcerer\'s Hat

Old 06-18-2014, 08:44 PM   #5
ladyleopard1106

Ok...here's my LO! I've been dying to try out the Project Life/Project Mouse thing ever since I ran across britt-ish designs and sahlin studios' Project Mouse kits (which I will be purchasing at a later date for my honeymoon!) and some of the really cool LOs people have done that I found on pinterest. The other thing I've wanted to try and do is a cluster of some sort. I did one in a previous challenge that came out horrible (but I think my entire LO for that one was crappy and I will be redoing it at some point), so I am super excited for how this one turned out!

Also posted here:http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...156#post148156

Old 06-19-2014, 08:08 AM   #6
tukogirl

Thanks so much for this challenge! I've been wanting to figure out how to do QR codes on my pages forever and this was the perfect push I needed to actually DO it!

Here is my page (it matches the snorkeling page I did a few weeks ago)

also here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...168#post148168

Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

Old 06-20-2014, 02:08 PM   #7
RMSTigger
Terrified on Tower of Terror

Software: PSE 12, Lightroom 3
Camera: Nikon
Sisters

The technique I have wanted to try is the Out of Bounds technique.

Here is my page:

Also posted in the Mickey Sculpture and Topiary thread.

Thanks Jlynn for hosting the challenge! And thank you Marieke for the adorable PP!

Last edited by RMSTigger; 06-21-2014 at 09:22 PM.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #8
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyleopard1106 View Post
Ok...here's my LO! I've been dying to try out the Project Life/Project Mouse thing ever since I ran across britt-ish designs and sahlin studios' Project Mouse kits (which I will be purchasing at a later date for my honeymoon!) and some of the really cool LOs people have done that I found on pinterest. The other thing I've wanted to try and do is a cluster of some sort. I did one in a previous challenge that came out horrible (but I think my entire LO for that one was crappy and I will be redoing it at some point), so I am super excited for how this one turned out!

Also posted here:http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...156#post148156
I think you did a wonderful job! Pocket Style/Project Life style is really easy and super fast once you get the hangof it! I still struggle with clusters myself! LOL. I'm amazed at some of the clustering others can do. Thank you for playing!!

Old 06-23-2014, 06:03 PM   #9
ladyleopard1106

Thank you so much for giving me so many ideas when I had no clue what to do! Sometimes I need a little nudge to get my mind thinking!

-Lori

Old 06-24-2014, 04:29 PM   #10
Mousears33
Going thru the Disneyland turnstiles

Weekly Challenge #240

Since I am so new to the digiscrap world...I decided I "challenge" myself to using a template. I know this may not be challenging for some, but it proved to be so for me! Even more of a challenge was trying to get the darn thing out of Artisan and uploaded!!! SHEESH!!!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Also posted here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...379#post148379
Ive met another MouseScrapper

Closed Thread