MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Welcome > MouseScrappers - site news and thoughts > 10th Anniversary - April 2019
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 04-06-2019, 04:52 PM   #21
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer View Post
Disney Cruises are so much fun! We had our 2nd (1st with kids) in February and have one planned for our anniversary planned for Oct! FYI I highly recommend bonine and ginger ale that is what I do for land sickness (sea sickness that shows up after getting off the boat).
Thanks! Yeah, I've read about land sickness. I'm hoping it won't be an issue. We'll be doing the US part after the cruise, so we'll still be taking our dramamine/bonine then. I had read that about ginger ale and even green apples. It will be a challenge figuring out what works and what doesn't work for us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran98765 View Post
Dawn, I just came home from a Carnival cruise and my son does have some motion sickness on board, we used seabands this time and he had no issues at all. it's just like wearing a wristband with no meds.
Fun! I figure this is our first and probably last Disney cruise. My husband is struggling with the cost. We have paid off the cruise portion, but he doesn't understand we still have to save basically the same amount for everything else- flight, rental car, food, US tickets, fun. So I'm thinking we won't be doing another one for a very long time!! My 2nd oldest just flew for the first time to Uruguay South America. We had bought her dramamine, bonine and some of the seabands. She used a combination as she wanted. But she actually said she didn't like the seabands. she said they were uncomfortable on her wrists. I'm wondering if she didn't have them placed right? Any ideas?
Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Carousel horse Monorail Mickey\'s glove Star Tours Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Minnie\'s Shoe Pirate Dog Christmas Tree Eiffel Tower Thanks for helping with the product forum Dawn! Ive met another MouseScrapper Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s shorts Expedition Everest Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Italy I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise New Zealand United Kingdom Earful Tower Pirate Flag

Aussiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2019, 05:34 PM   #22
grandmaliza
Having breakfast in Goofy's Kitchen

Happy Anniversary!

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years - thank you for adding more magic to our lives and scrapbooks!

grandmaliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 05:43 PM   #23
Fran98765
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PS CS6
Camera: Kodak P&S
Quote:
But she actually said she didn't like the seabands. she said they were uncomfortable on her wrists. I'm wondering if she didn't have them placed right? Any ideas?
I didn't really do much with them, he took care of them and made sure the button part was on the right spot. He didn't mind them, but he is always wearing those rubber wristbands, so he is used to them.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Monorail Thanks for being so helpful to others Fran! I link to MouseScrappers! I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cheshire Cat 1 Star Tours Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Teacups Carousel horse Pirate Ears Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Rocket Jets Magical Express I love DCL! United States of America Minnie\'s Bow Contemporary Resort 1 Earful Tower Pirate Dog Fantasmic

Fran98765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:24 PM   #24
Neverland Scraps
Having breakfast at Kona Cafe

Software: CS5
Camera: Nikon D3200, iPhone 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiegirl View Post
Thanks! Yeah, I've read about land sickness. I'm hoping it won't be an issue. We'll be doing the US part after the cruise, so we'll still be taking our dramamine/bonine then. I had read that about ginger ale and even green apples. It will be a challenge figuring out what works and what doesn't work for us all.

Fun! I figure this is our first and probably last Disney cruise. My husband is struggling with the cost. We have paid off the cruise portion, but he doesn't understand we still have to save basically the same amount for everything else- flight, rental car, food, US tickets, fun. So I'm thinking we won't be doing another one for a very long time!! My 2nd oldest just flew for the first time to Uruguay South America. We had bought her dramamine, bonine and some of the seabands. She used a combination as she wanted. But she actually said she didn't like the seabands. she said they were uncomfortable on her wrists. I'm wondering if she didn't have them placed right? Any ideas?
We do seabands for motion sickness while traveling. The white bulb needs to be on the underside of your arm, in the middle. None of the kids have complained about them being uncomfortable. Were they too tight for her? If so, she can stretch them just a bit so they aren't so tight, but they need to fit snugly, so be careful stretching too much!
Eiffel Tower France Star Tours Earful Tower United States of America Teacups Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Kermit Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Wendy! Baymax Ive met another MouseScrapper

Neverland Scraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:40 PM   #25
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
We do seabands for motion sickness while traveling. The white bulb needs to be on the underside of your arm, in the middle. None of the kids have complained about them being uncomfortable. Were they too tight for her? If so, she can stretch them just a bit so they aren't so tight, but they need to fit snugly, so be careful stretching too much!
Maybe when you come visit in June you can help her/us with placement! I plan on buying them for all of us. I'm determined we're not getting sick and we're going to try it all to prevent it!
Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Carousel horse Monorail Mickey\'s glove Star Tours Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Minnie\'s Shoe Pirate Dog Christmas Tree Eiffel Tower Thanks for helping with the product forum Dawn! Ive met another MouseScrapper Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s shorts Expedition Everest Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Italy I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise New Zealand United Kingdom Earful Tower Pirate Flag

Aussiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 07:24 PM   #26
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder

Software: Artisan 5
Camera: Nikon D3300, Olympus TG-3, Sony, and my phone - Samsung S10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiegirl View Post
Thank you Carol for creating this amazing site for us to share our love of all things Disney!!!!

Now for my brag: We are so excited to go on our 1st Disney Cruise this coming NOV! We are going with our cousin's family and one of our girls is staying in their cabin with them (as a family of 6, it was cheaper doing it this way, than getting 2 cabins for our family). We have been watching Disney Cruise videos on YouTube all week!!!

We are only going on a 3 night to Bahamas to see how we do (a couple of my girls get motion sick, so we'd rather try it and see how they do, than book a large one and have to deal with sickness for a long period of time).

After the cruise, we are spending 2 days at Universal Studios Orlando! 1st visiti there too! So this trip is going to be full of first's!!!
You're going to LOVE both firsts!!! So glad you're getting to do them both!
Contemporary Resort 1 Pirate Ears Star Tours D23 Member Monorail Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 2 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Expedition Everest I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Christmas Tree Turkey Anna Carol helped me book my vacation! Elsa Olaf Sven Ive met another MouseScrapper Teacups Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove

tinkerbell1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:44 PM   #27
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Heart

Thank you all for your kind words.

I agree it's hard to believe it's been 10 years!

It's great to see everyone!

How is your scrapping going?

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:56 AM   #28
Neverland Scraps
Having breakfast at Kona Cafe

Software: CS5
Camera: Nikon D3200, iPhone 8
Make sure you check the MouseScrappers Facebook Page! The gallery has been flooded with beautiful layouts and we are excited about the festivities that we are sharing layouts throughout the day/week!!

Keep flooding the gallery!! I love seeing all of these beautiful layouts!

Eiffel Tower France Star Tours Earful Tower United States of America Teacups Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Kermit Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Wendy! Baymax Ive met another MouseScrapper

Neverland Scraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 07:30 AM   #29
naturebug
Cooling off in Critter Country

Software: Photoshop Elements
Camera: Nikon Coolpix and Cannon digital EOS
Happy Birthday!

I have been a member since 2013. I didn't know much about digital scrapbooking when I first joined but I knew whatever you all were doing, I wanted to learn to do the same thing. Digital allowed SO MUCH more than traditional scrapbooking. And I loved Disney, lol.
I want to say THANK YOU for teaching me so much and giving all the inspiration thru the challenges and gallery posts. It's thru this site that I learned about all the wonderful kits that I could purchase. And I have purchased MANY. lol. Those that I have purchased kits from...….it is HERE that I learned about you.
It warms my heart to see so much activity over the last few days. I'd love to see it continue. And, like in the beginning, I am inspired by all the new gallery post and the challenges. Thank you so much! And Happy Birthday!
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Boardwalk 1 Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Contemporary Resort 2 Mouse Ears Pirate Ears

naturebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 10:28 AM   #30
3BluEyedBabies
Watching Finding Nemo the Musical

Software: GIMP
Camera: Canon Power Shot SX260
Happy 10th!

Happy 10th Anniversary! I'm off to work until 9, but I can't wait to get home to play! Thanks so much for putting this together and for those who contributed! I'll be glad to use some kits of some retired designers that I haven't used for a while to make my pages!

3BluEyedBabies is offline   Reply With Quote